FItz is going to get traded

Jobu

I suggest everyone who has replied to this thread search 'trolling' on google.

Kiss off Jeremy! You're no better than anybody else! We looked terrible against one of the two teams that drafted ahead of us, & on top of that, they have a new coach. We're all just a little discouraged right now!

Why would the Broncos not trade Orton and then trade for Fitz? They have Tebow, whose potential is greater than Fitz. They have Orton, who is the same age as Fitz, has a very similar contract status AND has had three good years in the league plus a very good one last year. This is all crazy sauce!

They prefer Orton AND Quinn to Tebow. This is a new staff from the one that drafted Tebow - Fox doesn't like Tebow at all.

Fitz didn't have a chance in the pocket last night. Guys were running free, Bell was a turnstile once again, Pears was terrible and Wood was getting destroyed by a guy who was cut 2 weeks ago. Stop it!

OL problems will disappeaar magically until the team drafts or signs real NFL OL players.

Chan knows this will not happen in Ralph's lifetime, so he needs to get running QBs to mitigate the problem.

The Bills will bring in either Tebow or Pryor.

The clown show continues - just change the names

This is an example of the garbage that is in full bloom on this board:

Alot of if's here, and I am sure the flamers are coming.... I see some interesting things that might just match up.

1. It was obvious Ralph wanted to draft Tebow. As evidenced by his strange outburst after Denver drafted him... "They panicked"

2. Tebow is a Gailey type of QB.

3. Our playbook is limited by Fitzpatrick not being a dual threat. While Fitzy does have some wheels -- he is not a very gifted runner.

4. Three QB's with relatively the same skill set will allow Gailey to develop his offense fully.

5. Tebow is gone in Denver. You don't pay a third string QB 9.5 million.

6. Thigpen is making really good money to be a 2nd string QB. My bet is that he will be the starter this season.

7. Our offense is hamstrung at the moment without a deep threat to open up the intermediate and short passing game. Bring in a QB that can run the ball consistently and the deep ball will open up for our slower receivers.

Call me paranoid... I believe Tebow will be a Bill soon.

I don't know if this would be a good thing or a bad thing. I really like Fitz quite a bit.

This argument is predicated by the assumption that Ryan Fitzpatrick is not "a dual threat" QB and Tim Tebow is a proven dual threat QB.

However in the real world NFL where they both play Ryan Fitzpatrick had 269 yards rushing, the 5th most by a QB.

In message board fantasy land Tim Tebow is a great NFL dual threat.

What was Fitz average yards per carry last year?

This is a douchey, snarky, remark meant to remind real fans that, oh yeah. Ryan Fitzpatrick actually had 6.7 ypc second most to MICHAEL VICK for QBs that have over 200 yards rushing, Vick has 6.8 ypc.

Tebow behind this OL is an injury waiting to happen. Millions of $$$ for nothing

This is a clueless penny pincher that thinks, Oh the snarky douche must think that Ryan Fitzoatricks YPC is low because Ryan Fitzpatrick has a red beard and was drafted in the 7th round. Even though the comment is meant to remind people that are supposed to know about Buffalo Bills that Fitzpatrick actually is a real life NFL, dual threat QB.

If you think teams don't game plan for the threat of Fitzpatrick breaking off 12 yard chunks when they send big blitzes to our weak tackles; you're not smart.

:bag:

Edited by Why So Serious?

I read somewhere recently that Ryan was second only to Vick in average per running play by a QB. On top of that he was only slightly behind him.

Last year Fitz had a 6.7 yard per average rush, and threw for 3000 yards while playing only 13 games as back up QB. In that loss to the Jets Fitz was the leading rusher because he was running for his life almost every play. 7 carries for 74 yards

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8664/ryan-fitzpatrick

If you look up Vick he was at 6.8 YPR

This is entire thread is moronic...

Thigpin looked decent against 3rd stringers, what happened last week?

Last year Fitz had a 6.7 yard per average rush, and threw for 3000 yards while playing only 13 games as back up QB. In that loss to the Jets Fitz was the leading rusher because he was running for his life almost every play. 7 carries for 74 yards

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8664/ryan-fitzpatrick

If you look up Vick he was at 6.8 YPR

This is entire thread is moronic...

Thigpin looked decent against 3rd stringers, what happened last week?

Wow. it's scary when Harvey and I are on the same page.

I dont see Buffalo having any interest in Tebow. We have a Tebow like wildcat QB in Brad Smith but even better than Tebow. The announcers even said that until Tebow shows he can connect a pass deep the defenses are going to stack the box and he isn't going to do anything. The RB's wont do anything because Tebow can't throw the ball downfield. Thats what the two announcers were saying. So I'll take their advice and stay away from Tebow. And if you watched the final two minutes of the game, Brad Smith was throwing the ball downfield, a much better wildcat QB than Tebow.

dont like trading Fitz right now, this is a Dick Jauron move. Like firing your OCord two weeks before the season starts.

I like Fitz, but he is NOT an NFL starting qb. He is servicable, but wont win a playoff game.

I think the Bills next year go heavy Offense in draft.

I also dont condone taking Pryor. To me he has too much baggage. And the Bills are not going to cut Fitz or Pigpen or Smith. And there is NO way he clears and goes to the P.S.

Am I the only one who thought Thigpen looked borderline average at best last night, and that wasn't even until the 4th quarter when the really scrubby dudes were in for Denver?

I do agree with a couple things in this thread - Thigpen does have a pricey contract for a backup, Chan is not one to mince words and for that matter his depth chart... but no way Fitzy gets traded and no chance he sits before week 8.

And absolutely no chance Brad Smith is ever our true starter.

No… trade ideas wouldn't be thrown around on our forum in week 12.

The NFL trade deadline is usually after the week 6 games.

:)

I'd ask you to provide a link but I know you don't have one.

I dont bs,espn reported it.Chris Berman said it also and he must have an inside man cause hes usually right about the Bills.

Really? Got a link or something to prove that? No?

I got a couple of links that say otherwise:

Linky 1

and

Linky 2

I dont have a link saying the Bills wanted ben roethlisberger over Lossman either.But common sense sometimes dictates.

I dont bs,espn reported it.Chris Berman said it also and he must have an inside man cause hes usually right about the Bills.

Ralph Wilson pressured Polian to draft Flutie, too. So what's your point?

GO BILLS!!!

Recently, ESPN reported Texas A&M going to the SEC was a done deal, and that the SEC was looking to go 16 teams by adding Clemson, FSU, and Mizzou.

Then a funny thing happened. The truth came out.

Mizzou was never contacted by the SEC, and the SEC never sent invite to Texas A&M (this year).

Looks like ESPN was completely wrong.

I dont have a link saying the Bills wanted ben roethlisberger over Lossman either.But common sense sometimes dictates.

And common sense dictates when both the owner and GM state publicly they had no interest in acquiring a certain player, it is reasonable to believe the organization really had no desire to acquire said player.

So, please, stop perpetuating the rumor that Ralph Wilson wanted Tebow. Because that's all it was: a rumor.

Am I the only one who thought Thigpen looked borderline average at best last night, and that wasn't even until the 4th quarter when the really scrubby dudes were in for Denver?

I do agree with a couple things in this thread - Thigpen does have a pricey contract for a backup, Chan is not one to mince words and for that matter his depth chart... but no way Fitzy gets traded and no chance he sits before week 8.

And absolutely no chance Brad Smith is ever our true starter.

If we are 0-6, I think Fitzy will get the axe....possibly 0-5

I would be an interesting concept to shape your offense 100% around mobile wildcat-like QB's who can run/throw. There could be some crazy option combinations and packages too....

seriously... why do college coaches have way more imagination and creativity than pro coaches? The NFL is all about imitating someone else. why not create your own unique gameplan and make teams adapt against you

Kiss off Jeremy! You're no better than anybody else! We looked terrible against one of the two teams that drafted ahead of us, & on top of that, they have a new coach. We're all just a little discouraged right now!

Whoa there, cowboy, not sure why you're so angry at me about someone else trolling.

I would be an interesting concept to shape your offense 100% around mobile wildcat-like QB's who can run/throw. There could be some crazy option combinations and packages too....

seriously... why do college coaches have way more imagination and creativity than pro coaches? The NFL is all about imitating someone else. why not create your own unique gameplan and make teams adapt against you

Bc in college a super athlete at QB can just run past the crappy players. In the NFL those guys kill the QB. Same reason why the option never caught on, you get your QB killed.

Fitz is not gonna be traded. I was a little encouraged by Thigpen though. HE had two nice downfield throws dropped or his stats would've looked very good. It's good to see the guy throw the ball downfield too and not be scared.

The last time I saw something like this Jim Kelly was taking snaps. K-Gun/No Huddle ring a bell?