Glad to see the Chicken Littles are out in full force

eball

Our official record is still 0-0 right?

At this time last year, it was also 0-0, soon to be 4-12. In August 1984 & 1985 the official record was 0-0 & soon to be 2-14.

Even the 0-16 Lions were 0-0 in August.

Just because we haven't played a real game yet doesn't mean an offensive line will jell out of nowhere.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly if someone isn't pessimistic on the Bills they think the polar opposite and expect the Bills to make the Super Bowl.

I know that anytime anyone says, "It's only preseason," I assume that they expect an undefeated record out the Bills in the regular season. Simple logic really.

Unless and until we actually lose a real game...

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

No need to read any further. <_<

i watched the first half on the computer and the only thing i like about the team are the uniforms.. they , the bills, as a team appear to suck!.. big time.. but , you get what u pay for! lets "build for the future".. yea right, any QB is going to get killed behind that o line! what is the matter with nix, is he blind?? or is he being told by brandon and littman to make due with x amount of money.. ralph is making money hand over fist while we, the fans, get handed a pile of sh-t..

At the end of the day I dont think players try to get schooled on purpose, regardless of the situation.

The game plan may not be to win, maybe the coaches try things just to get game reps that they wouldn't in a real game, but its not like the OL is going to decide no to block on a play, or Fitz just up and throws inaccurate passes on purpose, or we dont rush the passer as hard, or the CBs dont try to cover as tightly....

It was totally abysmal last night. I cant think of a single positive. And that team was worse than us alst year.

This is exactly it. Those that actually watched the game witnessed the Bills players getting destroyed in every matchup. That's not something you can dismiss because it's "only preseason".

The only positive, and really I'm stretching using that word, is that the Bills were running everything base. No aggressive blitzing and stunting. No creative blocking schemes by the O-line. Meanwhile, it seemed Denver was trying to make some point (likely to get their tickets sales up a bit) and played like it was a playoff game. After I saw that comment from Gailey I went back and watched the first few series and saw that it was true. So while I'm certainly willing to factor that in to the equation, the fact that our base offense and defense were THAT bad is still cause for concern.

Clearly if someone isn't pessimistic on the Bills they think the polar opposite and expect the Bills to make the Super Bowl.

I know that anytime anyone says, "It's only preseason," I assume that they expect an undefeated record out the Bills in the regular season. Simple logic really.

I remember the Bills going 0-6 in pre-season, then 9-5 regular. Also, I remember teh starters and whole team tanking the final pre-season game of 1991 and Levy apologized to teh state of South Carolina for their horrible play (played at USC Stadium), and then went on their second Super Bowl. You would've thought regular season disaster after those, but didn't happen. I wouldn't predict an epic season is lurking, but total 1984-85 - esque disaster, not yet either.

:lol:

I'll sum it up for you. His point was that the Bills have been so good for so long that a little blip on the radar screen isn't a cause for concern.

Tee hee hee; lol lol lol. Please find me the parts of my original post in which I predicted ANY success or failure for the Buffalo Bills this season.

No need to read any further. <_<

Yes, because anyone who doesn't immediately jump to catastrophic conclusions based upon a scrimmage in pads has nothing to add. Do I have it right? I read the box score and writeups, and saw the highlights. It changes nothing the content of my OP.

Edited by Beerball
edited out name calling

Tee hee hee; lol lol lol. Please find me the parts of my original post in which I predicted ANY success or failure for the Buffalo Bills this season.

Yes, because anyone who doesn't immediately jump to catastrophic conclusions based upon a scrimmage in pads has nothing to add. Do I have it right? I read the box score and writeups, and saw the highlights. It changes nothing the content of my OP.

I didn't read your original post, but based on the first line and the bits I've gleaned from the responses, I know it was wrong.

Edited by Beerball
Edited out name calling by OP

The Chicken Littles who have watched the past decade of preseason disasters have been right in their fears that they will carry over to the regular season. Why wouldn't they be out in full force.

I'd be more concerned with the people who watched last night and concluded it's only preseason and we're going to make the playoffs.

Thank you.

I'm in between the sky is falling and Super Bowl bound. I understand that the goal last night was more to evaluate players and not sustain injuries and not to give Denver your plays that you'll use on December 24.

However, base playbook or not, after watching the entire game, the offensive line play of the starting unit is a definite area of concern. Denver's starters were playing as if it were the 24th, and our line had no answers for them.

I was really impressed with Kamar Aiken and Roosevelt at the WR position.

You start a thread about how things aren't so bad and the Bills play last nite shouldn't be alarming with the words "I didn't watch the game"-- Sweet!

Unless your goal was to surpass some sort of unwritten homer milestone, this has to be the dumbest (yet the most predictable) post all week.

And for those who say it was simply impossible for Nix to devote any top picks to the O-line because we were so bad against the run last and had to beef up the "front 7", remind yourselves of who week took with our first 4 picks this year.

Edited by Beerball
Edited out name calling by OP

I think what people are failing to realize is that the Bills offense was statistically worse than the Defense last year. Yea it is great we worked on the D side of the Ball and we got Dareus. We are improving on D. Yet the offense is spinning its tires in the mudd. The way we fixed it was by signing a utility player in Brad Smith,and trading away are only veterean receiver?

6 points for your first string team is not good no matter how you try to put it. 'Its only preseason' Yea so that means the Bills dont try and the other team does? Both teams, all players know it's only preseason, yet why do our starters end up on the losing end? The comment has never made any sense to me.

Im not doom and gloom, but I can understand why people are.

OT - Lightning just struck outside my house, I now have to clean up coffee :censored:

Edited by CountDorkula

Unless and until we actually lose a real game...

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

Finally, the voice of reason makes an appearance :)

Just to add a measure of perspective, Bills got mauled by a team that picked ahead of them in the draft.

That's quite a sobering perspective actually.

I think what people are failing to realize is that the Bills offense was statistically worse than the Defense last year. Yea it is great we worked on the D side of the Ball and we got Dareus. We are improving on D. Yet the offense is spinning its tires in the mudd. The way we fixed it was by signing a utility player in Brad Smith,and trading away are only veterean receiver?

6 points for your first string team is not good no matter how you try to put it. 'Its only preseason' Yea so that means the Bills dont try and the other team does? Both teams, all players know it's only preseason, yet why do our starters end up on the losing end? The comment has never made any sense to me.

Im not doom and gloom, but I can understand why people are.

OT - Lightning just struck outside my house, I now have to clean up coffee :censored:

I haven't seen the game yet (will be watching today on the NFL replay); however, that's the number that concerns me the most. At some point, the offense has to wake up and score a touchdown. Between the Offensive Line problems and trading Evans, it seems they just can't get anything going. Everyone scores in the preseason, it seems, but the Bills. Why is that?

I suppose we all go back to pretending this week didn't happen and next week we'll see a good team. Problem is... we're in some bad groundhog day movie and next week never seems to arrive.

Eball, you've inspired me! I'm not going to watch a single Bills game this year but I'm going to start a new thread every Sunday night on how the Offensive line sucked today! :w00t:

Edited by John Cocktosten

There are too many enabling fans who tolerate and celebrate this teams annual heroic march towards being mediocre. This whole organization is a failure and things won't change until we have a new owner or fans stop supporting a failing product.

+++ 1

What he said.

The optimists state in this very thread Nix knows the o-line is bad and shouldn't we all realize it takes several years to rebuild.

But then I recall this little gem from a little more than a month ago.

"You know, if a guy comes available that we think can upgrade us, we’ll do it, said Nix. He added "I think that the offensive line has been beat to death. Somebody writes that we need this or somebody says it, and then it goes around, we’ll see. We think we’ve got better players than you guys and maybe the fans think we have."

So I'm left with this question. Did Nix really have faith in this poor excuse for an o-line and is just now realizing how much still needs to be done. In which case I question his ability to analyze talent.

OR

Was he just blowing smoke up our back ends. In which case I'm left to question the veracity of the front office when dealing with their fans.