Who is Patrick Moran? Supposedly major news.

bbb

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So ... let's see .... this web "journalist" has friends with the Border Patrol who say that they stopped Merriman dug through all of his belongings and found stuff but the stuff wasn't enough to warrent an arrest or convisgation but the stuff must have been banned illegal steriods that he was then allowed to put back in his suitcase as he drove off to training camp?

Now was Mr. Tweeter the Journalist given top secret photo's or samples of the stuff that were then analyzed to verify that Merriman not only had in his possession illegal steriods but was using them? Does Mr. Moron have a witness who helped Merriman take or inject the substances in question?

Or, is Mr. Moron, the web 'wanna-be journalist,' just another sign of the times that anyone in the internet era can turn themselves into something they are not by just publishing 'stuff?'

It would be fitting that the next headline reads 'Merriman sues Moron' but that would give the guy too much exposure. Just a lesson to be learned that even though we don't always love them ... the reporters who work the beat for the Buffalo News, Rochester D&C, and other newspapers have the education, experience, and knowledge to get to real stories whereas most web stuff is for entertainment purposes only because they could never get hired by a real media outlet.

But, but, Moran checked with legal before writing his "story." I'm sure his crack legal staff told him steroids were illegal to possess without a proper prescription.

GO BILLS!!!

Lol...legal was prob his pre-law Junior cousin's friend of a friend

This is the most important piece:

Government officials also said Thursday that nothing of interest occurred that day, the News notes: "We have not been presented with any matter for prosecution involving Shawne Merriman or anyone else on the Buffalo Bills," said James P. Kennedy, first assistant in the U.S. Attorney's office in Buffalo, the paper reports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Bills-Merriman-denies-materials-confiscated-at-;_ylt=Ap5GzFRIDStEjFHeW9Vt7sdDubYF?urn=nfl-388155

Blame Al Gore.

No sir! Algore is most definitely not Deep Throat. This thread is umpteen pages long and nobody, not one person among you can see the big picture.

Who has the motive and opportunity? Who stands to gain by Merriman being discredited? Who was forced into a position switch and is perplexed about it?

Ladies & gentlemen...I present to you Deep Throat.

Need want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

About The Merriman Story

Posted on August 19, 2011 by Patrick Moran

Against my better judgment and surely not on the advice of others, I’ve decided to post a response following the aftermath regarding my Shawne Merriman story yesterday. I accept that roughly 95% of fans who read it have long passed judgment no column or explanation will change.

I can live with that.

What I won’t do, at all costs is retract a single word I wrote. I stand by my story, the source and won’t apologize, even if it’s clearly something no Bills fan wanted to hear......

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/about-the-merriman-story/

About The Merriman Story

Posted on August 19, 2011 by Patrick Moran

Against my better judgment and surely not on the advice of others, I’ve decided to post a response following the aftermath regarding my Shawne Merriman story yesterday. I accept that roughly 95% of fans who read it have long passed judgment no column or explanation will change.

I can live with that.

What I won’t do, at all costs is retract a single word I wrote. I stand by my story, the source and won’t apologize, even if it’s clearly something no Bills fan wanted to hear......

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/about-the-merriman-story/

If he stands by it so much, why did he feel it necessary to change the headline?

GO BILLS!!!

Did you catch the reference to Whitner? He became "tired" of his interactions with Bills fans? What kind of journalist inserts himself into such matters? One looking to hype himself and his website perhaps?

The more Moran writes the worse he looks. The way he pleads with Merriman to call him makes him look like a stalker. Why would Shawne give any cred to a chump wannabe like Moran?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Where does Moran live? Does he even live in WNY? Does he realize that getting pulled over at the boarder is NOT unusual when coming back into the states?

Also roids ARE an illegal substance. If they were found, there would be a record of it and Merriman would have been charged. Border Patrol is a federal agency, they don't mess around. If he did something wrong, there would be a record of it, and he would have been charged.

Okay, this has happened a number of times in this thread, and it's really starting to burn my cheese.

It's spelled BORDER, people. :wallbash:

I'm heading across the border for some 'message therapy' on Sunday, can't wait!

Okay, this has happened a number of times in this thread, and it's really starting to burn my cheese.

It's spelled BORDER, people. :wallbash:

1 for 2, batting .500...