Maybin talks about his weight loss...

LabattBlue

On what weight he would like to play at: "Hopefully, I’ll be able to get back up to about 255, 256. I think that’s pretty much ideal for where I should be."

Back up to 255?? I'd bet my house this guy has never weighed 255 in his life.

His metabolism is so "crazy" he can lose or gain 10 pounds in a 2 day span? If you weigh him in the morning you'll get a different number than in the evening? That explains the difference between 228 lbs and 255 lbs? The only illness that could account for his not being able to keep weight on is stupidity. Gaughan is right in that Maybin's frame is not right to carry the kind of weight he'd need to carry to be successful in the NFL. Its incredible that scouts all over the league didn't agree he was not a pro football player.

He sounds like a sociopath.

Even if he lost weight from a sickness, he is still admitting he was on track to come to camp at 240, with an ideal weight of 255? Seems like either way he was far off track.

And I agree he hasn't broken 250 since roughly the combine.

Maybe when he was holding two 20-pound dumbbells.

His metabolism is so "crazy" he can lose or gain 10 pounds in a 2 day span? If you weigh him in the morning you'll get a different number than in the evening? That explains the difference between 228 lbs and 255 lbs? The only illness that could account for his not being able to keep weight on is stupidity. Gaughan is right in that Maybin's frame is not right to carry the kind of weight he'd need to carry to be successful in the NFL. Its incredible that scouts all over the league didn't agree he was not a pro football player.

He sounds like a sociopath.

Besides it being water weight loss/gain --- which any athlete (pro or not, paid trainers/dieticians or not) should be able to regulate --- that statement is just out there. It's damn near impossible to lose 10 pounds of non-water weight in 2 days. If true, that just isn't any kind of normal. The only other illness I know of that can do that is ebola.

Maybin is trying to sell a tall tale so he can collect a few more dollars. He's a lightweight and I don't think he has the capacity to be 240, never mind 255-260. Even if he could gain that much weight, there goes his only asset --- "speed."

:censored: you Marv, :censored: you Dickless Jauron, :censored: you Russ Brandon, :censored: you Tom Modrak.

Edited by UConn James

Maybe when he was holding two 20-pound dumbbells.

Besides it being water weight loss/gain --- which any athlete (pro or not, paid trainers/dieticians or not) should be able to regulate --- that statement is just out there. It's damn near impossible to lose 10 pounds of non-water weight in 2 days. If true, that just isn't any kind of normal. The only other illness I know of that can do that is ebola.

Maybin is trying to sell a tall tale so he can collect a few more dollars. He's a lightweight and I don't think he has the capacity to be 240, never mind 255-260. Even if he could gain that much weight, there goes his only asset --- "speed."

:censored: you Marv, :censored: you Dickless Jauron, :censored: you Russ Brandon, :censored: you Tom Modrak.

Could be cholera, too.

look how thin his wrists are I don't see how he could maintain weight above 240

No photo, but he had the skinniest hips I have ever seen for a D-lineman/OLB. Not a good enough frame for a TE either. Not fast/quick enough for a WR or safety either.

If he makes the Jets squad, for home games he's going to look like a string bean.

Two more things, if he can lose 10 pounds in 2 days, I'll take what he had. And by the way, with all the aerobic activity training camp requires, there is NO WAY he can GAIN muscle mass. Unless of course takes the field carrying groceries.

Reporting Weight of 228 + 10 or 11 lbs lost during illness = 239

Where the hell did 255 come from? Where did the other 15 lbs go Aaron? I'm sure he'll be a force with 25lbs more water weight.

Well he said in the article he was holding steady at 240 but wants to get back to 255-256.

Well he said in the article he was holding steady at 240 but wants to get back to 255-256.

He said he's comfortable playing at 255, a weight he's never played at. Thus my question, where the hell did that number come from? He briefly ballooned to 250 or so at the combine, but he hasn't sniffed that since.

Maybe Jimmy Spagnola weighed him in. Jimmy - care to comment now that you guys have Maybin you are a lock to win the division!

If he reported at 228 he did have some time during camp to put weight on, although usually you are dropping some weight due to practicing. Don't know, don't care. He could be 290 and Barber would still have been able to knock him on his arse. The problem isn't with the scale.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh