Dan Patrick discussing Vick/Bills

Booger

First would just like to plug the Dan Patrick show. I dont believe it is carried on Buffalo radio yet (not in Charlotte NC either) but it can be heard in a ton of smaller markets around the areas. Also on 169 XM/SIRIUS from 9am to 12 noon. By far the best overall Sports Talk show on the radio...loves ripping ESPN and just a quick whitted, funny guy.

Now, he just got done speaking about the Vick storey that broke this AM about Vick, Bills, NFL, etc. Patrick is going to have Vick's "mentor" Dungy on at a little past 10 to discuss as well. Patrick definitely thought Vick was heading to the Bills and just stated that Vick wanted to go to the Bills. Said the league did not want a circus on its hand his first year back though and pursuaded him to head to Philly.

Anyway, more to come from Dungy...

Vick has improved as a QB tremondously with the Eagles which he wouldnt have done with the Bills so he obviously made the right move signing there to be a backup and learn from Reid and Marty who have done well with QBs in the past

Vick signing with Buffalo to be their starter would have been a disaster and we all know it

Vick has improved as a QB tremondously with the Eagles which he wouldnt have done with the Bills so he obviously made the right move signing there to be a backup and learn from Reid and Marty who have done well with QBs in the past

Vick signing with Buffalo to be their starter would have been a disaster and we all know it

Easy to say, impossible to prove.

Bottom line, the NFL, or a NFL employee or appointed representative, should have ZERO interaction or say when it comes to personnel movement IMO.

First would just like to plug the Dan Patrick show. I dont believe it is carried on Buffalo radio yet (not in Charlotte NC either) but it can be heard in a ton of smaller markets around the areas. Also on 169 XM/SIRIUS from 9am to 12 noon. By far the best overall Sports Talk show on the radio...loves ripping ESPN and just a quick whitted, funny guy.

Now, he just got done speaking about the Vick storey that broke this AM about Vick, Bills, NFL, etc. Patrick is going to have Vick's "mentor" Dungy on at a little past 10 to discuss as well. Patrick definitely thought Vick was heading to the Bills and just stated that Vick wanted to go to the Bills. Said the league did not want a circus on its hand his first year back though and pursuaded him to head to Philly.

Anyway, more to come from Dungy...

The DP show is the best as you say. I listen to it streamed on my computer at work every day or watch on the 101 on DirecTV if home.

...The Pryor discussion this past hour has been interesting. NFL suspends him for 5 games for what he did in college, as they said what if Auburn goes down this year are they going to suspend Cam Newton!

Bottom line, the NFL, or a NFL employee or appointed representative, should have ZERO interaction or say when it comes to personnel movement IMO.

THAT IS THE POINT! I'm mad as h#@%. If this is true, it is serious problem for the NFL. Hopefully, someone in the Bills organization will raise Holy Hell.

who on the Bills coaching staff would have helped him improve like he has with the Eagles?

im not a big andy reid fan but you cant deny what he has done with QBs

i agree that the league office should not be involved in matters like this and wasnt saying i agreed with it, just signing with the eagles was the better choice for him

THAT IS THE POINT! I'm mad as h#@%. If this is true, it is serious problem for the NFL. Hopefully, someone in the Bills organization will raise Holy Hell.

Exactly. I'm usually in Goodell's corner but this is outrageous. It's not like Goodell is going to fine himself for tampering.

The NFL has no business influencing who plays where - and it's interesting that the 'not a good option' teams were small markets.

So what did Dungy have to say?

I didn't hear the whole show, but he specifically acknowledged that he did tell Vick: "Whatever you do, don't go to Oakland".

If he had said this about the Bills rather than Raiders, fans would be going berserk. As it is, Dungy was pushing for the Bills to sign him, if you recall.

Since you can foretell the future, how's my stock portfolio going to do?