• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=373950

TSN is saying the same thing, Jets signed him pending a physical

I figured they could have probably skipped that clause, He should be in top shape, and is almost in Showroom condition! Barely any miles on 'em, he has barely seen the field

AH-HA They signed him so they could do the physical and weigh him. There is a wager in the front office that any team would field an NFL linebacker at 228…

He's going to be a solid pro....he was in the wrong system with the wrong coaches...never used him correctly and jus didn't fit gaileys scheme....watch

Or Jauron's system? Or Fewell's? Um, maybe it's the player and not the system. BTW, I think most of us figured NE, Miami or the Jets would pick him up and debrief him about the Bills...before cutting him. That's kinda SOP.

In all seriousness, if I were Maybin, I would take a year off from football and work solely on my body. I would get in the 250-260 range, hire a former NFL OLB coach, and go through OLB drill after drill in preparation for the next season. I'd also watch video of those I compare to (Jason Taylor), to see if there was anything I could pick up from them.

In all seriousness, if I were Maybin, I would take a year off from football and work solely on my body. I would get in the 250-260 range, hire a former NFL OLB coach, and go through OLB drill after drill in preparation for the next season. I'd also watch video of those I compare to (Jason Taylor), to see if there was anything I could pick up from them.

Ummm why not just do all that and play

From the New York Post:

Jets sign former Bill Aaron Maybin in a bid to get smarter and quieter. Bart Scott said this on the Maybin signing "We're just so dumb and loud, it will be great to add a quality guy like Maybin to the locker room. We already got a nickname for him: Professor Mayhem." The Maybin signing has been praised by Jets fans eager to shed their reputation as being low brow morons. Welfare recipient and avid Jets fan, Jim Spagnola, had this to say, "M-A-Y... duhhhh...duhhhhh....duhhh...BIN!..MAYBIN, MAYBIN, MAYBIN!" Mouth breathers all over the tri state area looking to forget painful memories of first round draft bust Vernon Gholston have swarmed NFL Stores to buy Maybin jerseys. One Jets superfan and burden of the state said about his new jersey "I finally got sumthin to wear to my sistas weddin. Havin da name Maybin on da back adds a real touch o class for dose special occasions, ya know?" KROCK has reported that "Mayhem Maybin" is the day's #1 requested song, and is getting play in all the hottest clubs in Staten Island and Seaside Heights.

From the New York Post:

Jets sign former Bill Aaron Maybin in a bid to get smarter and quieter. Bart Scott said this on the Maybin signing "We're just so dumb and loud, it will be great to add a quality guy like Maybin to the locker room. We already got a nickname for him: Professor Mayhem." The Maybin signing has been praised by Jets fans eager to shed their reputation as being low brow morons. Welfare recipient and avid Jets fan, Jim Spagnola, had this to say, "M-A-Y... duhhhh...duhhhhh....duhhh...BIN!..MAYBIN, MAYBIN, MAYBIN!" Mouth breathers all over the tri state area looking to forget painful memories of first round draft bust Vernon Gholston have swarmed NFL Stores to buy Maybin jerseys. One Jets superfan and burden of the state said about his new jersey "I finally got sumthin to wear to my sistas weddin. Havin da name Maybin on da back adds a real touch o class for dose special occasions, ya know?" KROCK has reported that "Mayhem Maybin" is the day's #1 requested song, and is getting play in all the hottest clubs in Staten Island and Seaside Heights.

Now THAT is awesome.

From the New York Post:

well done, sir.

Its kind of ironic and funny to see Bills fans bashing other teams for picking up Bills castoffs, when bills fans are always screaming and throwing tantrums cause the bills don't pick up others teams trash. Except in the Bills fans case, those guys are never trash, they just need a change of scenery/new scheme to play in, could be kept on the roster and rehabed back into their former self, or they are "better then what the Bills currently have"

Insert any team for the Bills and this statement is true most of the time...

Yes, the jets need to learn all of our inside secrets in order to beat us. And there's no one better to teach them than the brilliant and studious Aaron Maybin...

Could be trying to figure out everything that we are working on in practice with Brad Smith, who knows.