Carrington

5 Wide

Another bright spot of the night I thought was Carrington. The guy looks physically imposing and seems to still have some good speed to his game. A guy who can move at 310 coming off the edge is going to be interesting to watch. He should be able to physically dominate TE's who try to block him and cause some havoc in the run game as well. Here's to hoping anyway!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He started playing well after Chicago put in their second team. Before that, he did not do anything.

Not for nothing but their starters played about 7 plays. I was interested to see this lb experiment and was pleasantly suprised with the results. It will be interesting to see if he can do it against starter level talent but he wasn't really given the opportunity to last night.

another reason why you can't judge a player based on his rookie season.

I thought he had a great rookie year in limited action. I was very suprised he didnt play a lot more when Edwards went down. In fact, Edwards went down in the Steeler game and Carrington came right in and had a good QB pressure and a sack on back to back plays. Im expecting a lot from Carrington. Troup, not so much

I thought he had a great rookie year in limited action. I was very suprised he didnt play a lot more when Edwards went down. In fact, Edwards went down in the Steeler game and Carrington came right in and had a good QB pressure and a sack on back to back plays. Im expecting a lot from Carrington. Troup, not so much

Troup will be fine. He got some double teams and pushed the pocket. He's not a penetrator. Nice batted down pass. The club on his hand didn't help. Tough to shed blocks with that thing on.

Edited by Green Lightning

Not for nothing but their starters played about 7 plays. I was interested to see this lb experiment and was pleasantly suprised with the results. It will be interesting to see if he can do it against starter level talent but he wasn't really given the opportunity to last night.

Not for nothing, but you have no idea what you're talking about. The starting oline played the 1st half

Not for nothing, but you have no idea what you're talking about. The starting oline played the 1st half

Yes my mistake I watched the game with no volume last night @ a bar so when cutler came out I thought all the starters came out. It wasn't. Until I watched it on dvr this morning that I saw that. Thank you for pointing it out so kindly....

That said back to my original point I am very intrigued to see a 303lb linebacker. I would assume hell rush more than drop and it'll be more a part of their hybrid d but wow that is an impressive feat if he can pull it off.

Edited by section122

I thought so too but many here did not and had little or no expectation. I also think Troup will contribute.

I told people this last year when they were freaking out about Carrington......

Physically....the guy is an absolute beast.....he isnt just a big wide body run stop guy he was an extremely large country strong type who was athletic and could move.....he just needed technique work at 280 pounds

then he shows up this year at 305, just as fast, and looks like he has put in some work on his pass rush and leverage technique....THIS IS WHY HE WAS DRAFTED.....not for what he would do for us last year but for what he had te abilility to evolve into

And he isnt done......this defense is fricken scary

Physically....the guy is an absolute beast.....he isnt just a big wide body run stop guy he was an extremely large country strong type who was athletic and could move.....he just needed technique work at 280 pounds

then he shows up this year at 305, just as fast, and looks like he has put in some work on his pass rush and leverage technique....THIS IS WHY HE WAS DRAFTED.....not for what he would do for us last year but for what he had te abilility to evolve into

Its about time. Offense next year. :cry:

Yeah, I had to laugh at people saying he was a bust last year. Guy's from a small school. I think he'll work his way into the starting lineup at some point this year. And, like many D-linemen, it will probably take until his 3rd year to really break out.

Destroy Brady and Sanchez Destroy Brady and Sanchez Destroy Brady and Sanchez Destroy Brady and Sanchez Destroy Brady and Sanchez