SHADOW!

My new favorite player Michael Jasper aka SHADOW!

Per Murph..."He casts a large shadow".

Shadow is fuggin awesome. He's got the perfect attitude and can clog entire highways.

I have never heard of another player with this nickname....and we need a unique name for this mammoth of a player.

SHADOW!

Shadow is fuggin awesome. He's got the perfect attitude and can clog entire highways.

I have never heard of another player with this nickname....and we need a unique name for this mammoth of a player.

SHADOW!

why do practice squad players get nicknames?

SHADOW!

The name of the Shadow is better than my try at Jasper the Jiant. May the Shadow prosper!

Unfortunately Shadow looked like he did t belong on the field half the time. Got pushed around quite a bit for a 400lb DT. I'd say Heard bats him on the team at this point. But I also am hoping for Shadow to make it too. Hopefully they both beat out Spencer J

Jasper was slow off the snap and couldn't disengage from his blockers at all. He looked very, very raw. Poor leverage and just got almost no push 90% of the time. Hope he is a fast learner and can apply what he learned from game 1.

Jasper was slow off the snap and couldn't disengage from his blockers at all. He looked very, very raw. Poor leverage and just got almost no push 90% of the time. Hope he is a fast learner and can apply what he learned from game 1.

Unfortunately true. It was fun being excited about this guy while it lasted. :)

Jasper is a young player who played at a small school. Actually several small schools. He is going to be raw on the field. He has a lot to learn. But he has demonstrated an athleticism that is worth the time and investment. I am withholding final judgement until the end of the pre-season. I believe he will show progress in playing his position over the course of the games. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately Shadow looked like he did t belong on the field half the time. Got pushed around quite a bit for a 400lb DT. I'd say Heard bats him on the team at this point. But I also am hoping for Shadow to make it too. Hopefully they both beat out Spencer J

Even the worst player in a camp right now is probably exponentially better than the best guy he played in his career. It's a huge learning curve ahead, but I'm ok with letting him work. I just hope he is ok providing not just shade but also some water to the guys that make the 53 as those are likely his biggest contributions outside mimicking haynseworth or wilfork for the scout team. Nothing wrong with that this year though,

Agreed. He's a nice story and I'm pulling for him but he's got a long way to go before becoming a legit NFL player. At this point in his development, maybe he should be nicknamed 'The Mime'...seen but not heard (from in the game).

SHADOW!

Was thinking more like the big belly. I am all for 400 pounders but he looked sloppy and slow off the ball, Heard was way more effective.

what if it's the looming shadow of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Maybe the Defense can called be the Legion of Doom.

He was in the game a few snaps before the announcers noticed. He had decent push, and did occupy 2 blockers for the first few snaps. But he got gassed fast. By the end, he was on skates. Unless he can improve his endurance, he's only good for short yardage packages. But that can be useful too.

SHADOW!

his nickname has been "big shadow mike" since college.

his nickname has been "big shadow mike" since college.

It's also his twitter handle.

He looked good out there when he was rested, but as that one long drive went along he definitely wore down. One play in particular I remember him getting pushed about 5 yards back into the end zone. However, there were multiple plays when he just walked his blocker into the backfield. I'd like to see him use those massive arms of his to clobber some linemen.

Even the worst player in a camp right now is probably exponentially better than the best guy he played in his career. It's a huge learning curve ahead, but I'm ok with letting him work. I just hope he is ok providing not just shade but also some water to the guys that make the 53 as those are likely his biggest contributions outside mimicking haynseworth or wilfork for the scout team. Nothing wrong with that this year though,

Kelsay or Maybin?

Edited by Thoner7

Jasper is not a finished product but the Bills aren't going anywhere this year anyways- because you don't get rid of you best WR for a 4th if you think you can compete now- Jasper needs to use his hands better (a rip and a swim move), needs to lose weight until he is no longer top heavy, and needs to fire out of his stance faster and lower.