Ryan Mallett ......QB Rating 108.2

papazoid

nice first start for the rookie....a QB rating of 108.

really wanted the Bills to draft this guy in the third round.

Mallett will wind up being the best QB in his draft class.

i guarantee Mallett will be traded in the future for a 1st or 2nd round pick (the next Kolb).

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2011/08/12/ryan-mallett-vs-the-first-round-quarterbacks-round-1/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guarantee Mallett will be traded in the future for a 1st or 2nd round pick (the next Kolb).

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2011/08/12/ryan-mallett-vs-the-first-round-quarterbacks-round-1/

You do realize this was the second half of a pre-season game played two weeks after a 4 month long lockout against the Jacksonville Jaguars right? I'm going to wait a few weeks before I pass judgment. Maybe even *gasp* wait and see if he gets some time against NFL first stringers.

Brady gets hurt in week two, Mallet takes over, becomes the forest player to ever be the league MVP and Rookie of the Year in the same year, and TBD posters moan and grown about not taking him when we had the chance for the next ten years. :wallbash:

Or, he sets on the bench all year, looks good in a few mop-up roles, and we still moan and grown about not taking him.

Word is that he was ripping it during camp as well. Truth be told the Patriots* organisation is most likely the best spot this guy could have landed from a issues point of view. In anyway so far the guy looks as legit as they come.

No he will take over and kick our A$$ for another 12 years!

It is early but this kid does have a rifle arm.He can make any throw...If he can learn to read defences ,and he will get the time to do that,he will have all the tools to succeed..

His decision making is terrible in big games no matter if he reads the right defense or not.... after the way he single handedly lost the two big games this past season, I am surprised New England would draft him.

Aaron Maybin also looked pretty good against the 3rd and 4th stringers last year (3 sacks)...We all saw how that translated into an automatic superstar....

he has a tremendous arm, that is about all your could grade from last night

You do realize this was the second half of a pre-season game played two weeks after a 4 month long lockout against the Jacksonville Jaguars right? I'm going to wait a few weeks before I pass judgment. Maybe even *gasp* wait and see if he gets some time against NFL first stringers.

All he said was that it was a "nice first start" for a rookie and the fact is, it was. He also said he always liked the guy, i.e., he liked him long before this preseason game. No where does he state that the fact that he had a nice start against the

Jags means that he will be an all pro. He thought that before the game based on his talent and college career.

Ease up.

And Trent Edwards QB rating over his first 4 preseason games was 99.8...

Which doesn't change the fact that Mallett had a nice first start. No one is saying that because he has one nice first start he is a pro bowler. He has the talent to do it, no doubt and only time will tell.

The fact that he had a nice first start though is indeed a fact. What that means for the future no one knows.

It is early but this kid does have a riffle arm.He can make any throw...If he can learn to read defences ,and he will get the time to do that,he will have all the tools to succeed..

He is in a perfect spot. Back up Brady, learn how to read D's. If he were in Buffalo he would not get that time as he would be forced into a starting role much sooner and we would have a seemingly needless QB distraction in camp. He reminds me a bit of Rogers. Good QB who had time to learn the system and the NFL, and came out firing when he got his chance. Time will tell, but I think in a few years he'll be a star.

I know it's only preseason but this Draft pick will bite everyone in the ass once Brady retires. I hate the patriots but they were smart drafting this kid. Building for the future while still looking to get back to the Superbowl this year by picking up FAs.

So where are the Bills going to end up ?