Ryan Mallett ......QB Rating 108.2

papazoid

I'm not denying he looked great last night. But Spiller also looked like a beast in preseason last year, then was a nowhere in the regular season. I still think Mallet becomes a star. It's the perfect situation for him. I also think Spiller becomes a star as well. So much speed on O this year, if he gets the ball in any sort of open space.....TD!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice first start for the rookie....a QB rating of 108.

really wanted the Bills to draft this guy in the third round.

Mallett will wind up being the best QB in his draft class.

i guarantee Mallett will be traded in the future for a 1st or 2nd round pick (the next Kolb).

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2011/08/12/ryan-mallett-vs-the-first-round-quarterbacks-round-1/

If He keeps it up, Brady will be trade bait...

If the Bills would have drafted him, he would have sucked.

Everyone would be calling for him to Start if we did...

I'd hardly call half of a preseason game succeeding.

I'd hardly call your sarcasm detector functional.

I believe your quarter is with this brainiac:

I know it's only preseason but this Draft pick will bite everyone in the ass once Brady retires. I hate the patriots but they were smart drafting this kid. Building for the future while still looking to get back to the Superbowl this year by picking up FAs.

So where are the Bills going to end up ?

I just watched that game, actually I didn't think he looked very good at all. Almost all of his completions, including his 1 TD, were short dump offs or slants. He looked pretty bad throwing the ball deep, missing open guys by a good amount and threw a pick. I think he completed 1 pass that he thew for over 15 yards in the air. He never saw anything even close to pressure, and was able to hold the ball forever. I get the impression that he will be a sack magnet if he ever starts. Not to mention his playing time was against all 3rd, and 4th strings...Mostly guys that may not even make the team.

Gabbert didn't look very good either. Hoyer looked far better than both of them. And the pats rookie RB Ridley looked pretty good too.

This game was relatively painful to watch in general due to the lack of most starting players even appearing in the game. Luckily on demand allows you to watch the whole thing in about 30 minutes.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

This is a funny thread.

I especially like it since Mallett is only receiving props because he is on NE. It doesn't matter that Tebow was 1000% better, just that Mallett is on NE. Tebow is an outstanding citizen and played great. Mallett is a complete CHF and played ok, but due to the fact he is on NE, he can do no wrong. :thumbdown:

Living in the New England area, I watch a good amount of the game. To be honest Brian Hoyer scared me a lot more than watching Mallet did. To be fair it was a preseason game against the jaguars, but Hoyer had a lot of composure and made all the throws..

Lets hope these guys dont pan out

i guarantee Mallett will be traded in the future for a 1st or 2nd round pick (the next Kolb).

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2011/08/12/ryan-mallett-vs-the-first-round-quarterbacks-round-1/

If that staff can get his head screwed on straight I agree.

Mallett, Kolb among QBs who shined in preseason debut..

The Patriots' Ryan Mallett is the steal of the draft.

The rookie had a sensational debut performance against the Jaguars. Mallett completed 12 of 19 passes for 164 yards with one touchdown on his way to leading the Patriots to two scores in his four possessions. Although he worked against the second-team defense, his pocket poise and awareness were exceptional for a first-year player. He routinely found the safety valve or hot read against blitz pressure and seemed undaunted by the free rushers in his face. Mallett also showed exceptional arm strength, accuracy and touch on intermediate throws. He repeatedly delivered the ball on time, and his decisiveness indicates his quick mastery of the system. Despite the difficulty in finding quality young quarterbacks, it seems the Patriots have picked up a franchise quarterback with their third-round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821688d6/article/mallett-kolb-among-qbs-who-shined-in-preseason-debut?module=HP11_cp

Mallett, Kolb among QBs who shined in preseason debut..

The Patriots' Ryan Mallett is the steal of the draft.

The rookie had a sensational debut performance against the Jaguars. Mallett completed 12 of 19 passes for 164 yards with one touchdown on his way to leading the Patriots to two scores in his four possessions. Although he worked against the second-team defense, his pocket poise and awareness were exceptional for a first-year player. He routinely found the safety valve or hot read against blitz pressure and seemed undaunted by the free rushers in his face. Mallett also showed exceptional arm strength, accuracy and touch on intermediate throws. He repeatedly delivered the ball on time, and his decisiveness indicates his quick mastery of the system. Despite the difficulty in finding quality young quarterbacks, it seems the Patriots have picked up a franchise quarterback with their third-round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821688d6/article/mallett-kolb-among-qbs-who-shined-in-preseason-debut?module=HP11_cp

This just confirms that Bucky Brooks is nothing more than a hack. Anointing ANY 3rd round QB pick a "franchise" QB after watching him in the first preseason game of his career is about as stupid as it gets. It's hard to believe he's ever played the game. You'd think he'd know better. When Mallet has his inevitable poor performance is Bucky going to amend his remarks? I doubt it.

GO BILLS!!!

GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THIS GARBAGE !!!

FIRST off this is freaking preseason.

SECONDLY, Brian Hoyer had equally just as good a game as Mallett. Let's annoint him the next Joe Montana.

Product of Belichicks system further proving that Brady is overrated.

GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THIS GARBAGE !!!

FIRST off this is freaking preseason.

SECONDLY, Brian Hoyer had equally just as good a game as Mallett. Let's annoint him the next Joe Montana.

Product of Belichicks system further proving that Brady is overrated.

I don't know about Brady being overrated but I agree on Mallett. I mean how many CHFs have had decent careers let alone been a franchise player? It is ridiculous after one pre-season game.

This just confirms that Bucky Brooks is nothing more than a hack. Anointing ANY 3rd round QB pick a "franchise" QB after watching him in the first preseason game of his career is about as stupid as it gets. It's hard to believe he's ever played the game. You'd think he'd know better. When Mallet has his inevitable poor performance is Bucky going to amend his remarks? I doubt it.

GO BILLS!!!

Except that Bucky Brooks was saying this in January and continuously since then. Ryan Mallett's case is fascinating. The talent is clearly there but everybody passes on him at least twice. It wasn't really about the drugs, of which there was not enuf to really get excited about. Its that conventional front office wisdom just could not see him ever leading a group of grown men. Meanwhile they all pretty much were blown away by Cam and Blaine Gabbert's "intangibles" in this regard. But they are all pretty much a bunch of middle to later age men who could not get their heads around his wigger personality. I include Nix and Gailey in this. I think they would have stupidly picked Cam Newton ahead of Dareus if by some fluke they both were there at #3, and I think Buddy did try to nab Tebow (now on his way to being a 3rd stringer) the year before.

I think Shep would probably have been there for us at the top of the fourth or we could have traded up so that I saw it as Searcy instead of Mallett. Nothing against Searcy but that was a monumental error IMO.

Ryan Mallett will be as good as he wants to be, and I think he wants to be really good.