Ryan Mallett ......QB Rating 108.2

papazoid

Also, i believe his one INT was returned for a TD. Not good. Anyway, I was always in the camp that Ryan Mallett would be an excellent pro QB. I still think he will and I'm pissed that NE got him. If he didn't get picked by the Bills I hoped he would go to the NFC. I was surprised that the 49ers did not draft him. big mistake.

Picking a QB is a tough thing to do. Only time will tell if Mallett will succeed at this level. He has all the tools he needs but I have no idea if he has the brains and the nerves of steel the position demands. He has a hell of an arm, that's for sure.

In a way, every QB pick is a gamble and given how long he lasted, I think he was worth it but then again, I wasn't smart enough to see what a great pick Maybin was so what the hell do I know?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice first start for the rookie....a QB rating of 108.

really wanted the Bills to draft this guy in the third round.

Mallett will wind up being the best QB in his draft class.

i guarantee Mallett will be traded in the future for a 1st or 2nd round pick (the next Kolb).

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2011/08/12/ryan-mallett-vs-the-first-round-quarterbacks-round-1/

I can see it now, with a bust for Mallett in Canton:

"Greatest quarterback in NFL Preseason History. Ryan Mallett tore apart vanilla NFL defenses in the preseason, establishing himself as Preseason Rookie of the Year on his way to an undefeated preseason and major accolades from bloggers and board posters. His selection was automatic as he always did the very best against the finest preseason defensive schemes."

:wallbash: