UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

On 3/23/2020 at 2:08 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Ā 

As he says, maybe the universe is inhabited with countless inhabited worlds. He acknowledges that.Ā 

Ā 

NOW, let's imagine he does this in an accent from southern Alabama. How different would THAT be?Ā 

7 hours ago, Augie said:

As he says, maybe the universe is inhabited with countless inhabited worlds. He acknowledges that.Ā 

Ā 

NOW, let's imagine he does this in an accent from southern Alabama. How different would THAT be?Ā 

I appreciate the maybe far more than ā€œthere has to be.ā€ Ā I tend to find applied mathematical analysis interesting, though.Ā 
Ā 

The second sentence is too funny! Years ago there was a southernĀ AmericanĀ comedian of Asian descent, perhaps S. Korea, and he possessed very sharply defined Asian facial features. And when he startedĀ his routine people beganĀ laughing immediately because he delivered it in a classic southern drawl, which was his natural accent. He just looked at the audience and said in that deep southern drawl, ā€œItā€™s kinda weird, ainā€™t itā€, Ā which made people laugh all the more.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

I appreciate the maybe far more than ā€œthere has to be.ā€ Ā I tend to find applied mathematical analysis interesting, though.Ā 
Ā 

The second sentence is too funny! Years ago there was a southernĀ AmericanĀ comedian of Asian descent, perhaps S. Korea, and he possessed very sharply defined Asian facial features. And when he startedĀ his routine people beganĀ laughing immediately because he delivered it in a classic southern drawl, which was his natural accent. He just looked at the audience and said in that deep southern drawl, ā€œItā€™s kinda weird, ainā€™t itā€, Ā which made people laugh all the more.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

I heard somewhere that it's physicists who tend to think it's inevitable that life (probably enormous multiples tbh) exists (or once existed) elsewhere in the universe whereas the biologists tend to see our evolutionary path as singular due to chance/complexity and thus they go by Rare Earth hypothesis.

Ā 

Recently I read that the age of the universe basically eliminates the probability that humans would exist concurrent toĀ other civilizations who would be even remotely close to our capacity to see/experience/understand...but also said the likelihood that life in other parts of the universe did or does exist is almost certain.Ā 

35 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Ā 

sorry, didn't watch.Ā 

Ā 

time is short these past few days

Ā 

I'm calling bulls*t on this one.Ā  Have you noticed most everybody is at home surfing the Internet because of the Coronaclap

Edited by /dev/null
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I heard somewhere that it's physicists who tend to think it's inevitable that life (probably enormous multiples tbh) exists (or once existed) elsewhere in the universe whereas the biologists tend to see our evolutionary path as singular due to chance/complexity and thus they go by Rare Earth hypothesis.

Ā 

Recently I read that the age of the universe basically eliminates the probability that humans would exist concurrent toĀ other civilizations who would be even remotely close to our capacity to see/experience/understand...but also said the likelihood that life in other parts of the universe did or does exist is almost certain.Ā 

Thatā€™s the opposite of what the mathematical equation in the video above suggests. Interesting.Ā 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Thatā€™s the opposite of what the mathematical equation in the video above suggests. Interesting.Ā 

If you're referring to the 1/n probability of abiogenesis, that is the biological argument- that the process of evolution is too complicated to have occurred anywhere else.

Ā 

But heck we already put waterbears on the moon so there is life outside Earth as we speak...not too hard to imagine it's elsewhere even if just by accident

14 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If you're referring to the 1/n probability of abiogenesis, that is the biological argument- that the process of evolution is too complicated to have occurred anywhere else.

Ā 

But heck we already put waterbears on the moon so there is life outside Earth as we speak...not too hard to imagine it's elsewhere even if just by accident

I have no problem imagining it, either. Itā€™s fun. And when we have definitive proof that intelligent beings are out there, it will be even more amazing.Ā 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

Ā 

sorry, didn't watch.Ā 

Ā 

time is short these past few days, perhaps you could point me towards the relevant portions?

Ā 

TYIA

It's goodĀ and it's really meant to be watchedĀ in whole. Ā When you get time....

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/23/2020 at 12:08 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Ā 

I mean yes I agree us being alone is a possibility I also agree that us not being alone and the universe being full of life is also possible.

Ā 

I do find it interesting that he kind brushes past the part about those Biogensis experiments possibly not being run long enough the ones that first happened in 1952. I mean it's notĀ like years, decades, centuries, millennia,....(epochs?) might be more in the timeline for something to happen within the scale I mean the universe is only billions of years old. Then later in the video he kind of acts like there is no evidence which isn't exactly true there is very little but there is still some, we're the evidence. From a statistical perspective I get how he can brush it off as insignificant, but it's still evidence all the same. So yeah I don't know if there is life out there but I do think it's probable and I think it'd be pretty dumb to not look.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean yes I agree us being alone is a possibility I also agree that us not being alone and the universe being full of life is also possible.

Ā 

I do find it interesting that he kind brushes past the part about those Biogensis experiments possibly not being run long enough the ones that first happened in 1952. I mean it's notĀ like years, decades, centuries, millennia,....(epochs?) might be more in the timeline for something to happen within the scale I mean the universe is only billions of years old. Then later in the video he kind of acts like there is no evidence which isn't exactly true there is very little but there is still some, we're the evidence. From a statistical perspective I get how he can brush it off as insignificant, but it's still evidence all the same. So yeah I don't know if there is life out there but I do think it's probable and I think it'd be pretty dumb to not look.Ā 

He basically digs into the rare Earth theory with some additions. Ā He also points out the folly in the "look at me" scientists basing there opinions on one side of the equation.

Ā 

He does not get into the discussion of the lack of any signal from anywhere ever too deeply at all. Ā Von Neumann probes are factored in either. Ā 

That's pretty cool if real. I'm pretty sure we (US, China, Japan, Russia?) have satellites orbiting the moon...

Ā 

I wondering what the view from Earth will be like when it gets really crowded up there. Will it look like the moon has rings?

Ā 

Ā 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That's pretty cool if real. I'm pretty sure we (US, China, Japan, Russia?) have satellites orbiting the moon...

Ā 

I wondering what the view from Earth will be like when it gets really crowded up there. Will it look like the moon has rings?

Ā 

I wouldn't be surprised if nations did, though I'm not aware of any off hand. Though, based on the shadows alone, whatever those are, they're quite large. Much larger than a satellite (and there are some big satellites).Ā 

Ā 

Of course, CGI is always a possibility, but if it is, it's well done.

Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ā 

I wouldn't be surprised if nations did, though I'm not aware of any off hand. Though, based on the shadows alone, whatever those are, they're quite large. Much larger than a satellite (and there are some big satellites).Ā 

Ā 

Of course, CGI is always a possibility, but if it is, it's well done.

Ā 

Ā 

Well, the higher the altitude, the bigger the shadow.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

But also the less significant/dark.

There's no diffusing atmosphere on the moon, so I think shadows will stay dark. I'm not ruling out other things though. I don't think the general public knows exactly what's orbiting up there. Doubt it's aliens, though.

18 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

There's no diffusing atmosphere on the moon, so I think shadows will stay dark. I'm not ruling out other things though. I don't think the general public knows exactly what's orbiting up there. Doubt it's aliens, though.

It's not aliens. Ā Wanna know why?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Clearly the Aliens are respecting social distancing.

Ā 

...or are just waiting for you to explain yourĀ sitcom maths.

The math has been explained. Ā It is straightforward and aligns with every scintilla of scientific discovery in human history. Ā Those wishing for the existence of aliens don't have to ignore all of the science, just a lot of it.

Ā 

Space is vast and physically there is a lot of room. Ā We can't get to it all and if aliens existed they might not be able to get here. Ā Their data and creations could though. Ā But there is none.

Edited by 4merper4mer

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The math has been explained. Ā It is straightforward and aligns with every scintilla of scientific discovery in human history. Ā Those wishing for the existence of aliens don't have to ignore all of the science, just a lot of it.

Ā 

Space is vast and physically there is a lot of room. Ā We can't get to it all and if aliens existed they might not be able to get here. Ā Their data and creations could though. Ā But there is none.

"Comet" ATLAS is breaking up into smaller pieces.

Ā 

i.e. the mothership is dispersing its warcraft...

If you were an umpire, the only way to interpret the following would be to say:

Ā 

Steeeeeeeeee-rike

Ā 

Ā 

Not strike three I guess, but he left some stuff out.Ā  At the very least we're a righty hitter facing Bob Gibson with an 0-2 count and a naaaaaaaaaasty high fastball incoming.Ā  Good luck.

Ā