Brad Smith...Update...signs with Buffalo

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he is the Number 3 QB. WIth Chan's system and how he moves QBs, I think he'll have 3 true QBs dressed at every game. Levi, Thigpen and Fitz. Smith will be a #4 or #5 WR for this team. He'll be one of two deep guys on KO Returns and possibly one of two deep guys on PRs with Roscoe. Think about the reverse/throwback packages teams will have to account for with him and CJ or him and Roscoe on returns. It will absolutely make our Return game that much better. I say we get 4 kick or punt return TDs this year. We'll keep 6 WRs: Evans, Johnson, Roscoe, Smith, Nelson, and Jones or Easley. I think Jones will be the odd man out with Naaman, unfortunately. Smith makes us better because he is dynamic in many areas of the game. Its a really good signing. Offensive success in the NFL is driven by exceptional QBs, but on teams without Brady or a Manning, it comes from creating favorable matchups. CJ, Smith, Parrish, Evans, Johnson, Easley, and Nelson can do it if they're put in the right positions. I like what we have going on here on the offensive side of the ball.

I can't see Brad Smith as a 3rd WR, I can see being use like Steve Tasker was 3 to 4 play plus as a returner

One season Steve Tasker became the #1 WR after Andre Reed went down and he was the go to guy for Jim Kelly and scored quite often.

I think Brad Smith will prove to the Bills and their Fans that he will be a better investment than Roscoe Little Parrish and will also be part of the Wild cat, something that neither Parrish nor Spiller can do.

I am really excited about this signing.

I don't think he is the Number 3 QB. WIth Chan's system and how he moves QBs, I think he'll have 3 true QBs dressed at every game. Levi, Thigpen and Fitz. Smith will be a #4 or #5 WR for this team. He'll be one of two deep guys on KO Returns and possibly one of two deep guys on PRs with Roscoe. Think about the reverse/throwback packages teams will have to account for with him and CJ or him and Roscoe on returns. It will absolutely make our Return game that much better. I say we get 4 kick or punt return TDs this year. We'll keep 6 WRs: Evans, Johnson, Roscoe, Smith, Nelson, and Jones or Easley. I think Jones will be the odd man out with Naaman, unfortunately. Smith makes us better because he is dynamic in many areas of the game. Its a really good signing. Offensive success in the NFL is driven by exceptional QBs, but on teams without Brady or a Manning, it comes from creating favorable matchups. CJ, Smith, Parrish, Evans, Johnson, Easley, and Nelson can do it if they're put in the right positions. I like what we have going on here on the offensive side of the ball.

Solid post, though I think Easley will be our #3 WR, and whether Smith is "listed" as a WR or #3 QB won't matter much, he'll still see the field plenty. I wonder, god forbid, if both Fitzy and Thigpen were to go down, who Chan would turn to next, Levi or Brad?

Chan should be able to put him in a position to be successful every time he touches the ball, guess we'll see.

Solid post, though I think Easley will be our #3 WR, and whether Smith is "listed" as a WR or #3 QB won't matter much, he'll still see the field plenty. I wonder, god forbid, if both Fitzy and Thigpen were to go down, who Chan would turn to next, Levi or Brad?

Chan should be able to put him in a position to be successful every time he touches the ball, guess we'll see.

I think the obvious choice is Levi. You don't draft a guy if you don't like what he has to offer, so Levi is the No. 3 QB. I don't know who the No. 3 WR will be, I was just listing the 6 guys I think will be on the final roster. The order they appear on the field is unknown to me.

I think the obvious choice is Levi. You don't draft a guy if you don't like what he has to offer, so Levi is the No. 3 QB. I don't know who the No. 3 WR will be, I was just listing the 6 guys I think will be on the final roster. The order they appear on the field is unknown to me.

In the 7th round? C'mon. There's a reason they didn't offer Levi a spot on the practice squad after cutting him last year. Levi is no guarantee to make the final roster, much less dress on game days.

Smith ends up as the #3 QB listed for game days and comes in as a WR, RB or QB in the Wildcat offence. If Fitz or THigpen go down with an injury, Levi or someone else gets activated from the Practice Squad and comes in to be the backup. Its not tough to figure out guys, With the new rule change that basically gives the teams a "Wildcat option QB" on game days (the #3 QB is now allowed to come in for plays and then be removed again for the starting QB), the Bills did something smart and picked up a player that they can use to use this new rule to their advantage.

Edited by apuszczalowski

I think they keep 5 WRs and Smith as a 3rd QB/WR/KR who will be on the field quite a bit. So Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Nelson, Easley & Smith. Jones, Roosevelt & the rest of the WRs are odd man out as well as Levi Brown.

This is my guess as well.

I think Parrish's days as a Bill are numbered. Levi will be the #3 QB on the depth chart but may be inactive on some game days with Brad Smith as the emergency/#3 QB.

Levi will be either cut at the end of training camp (like last year) or put on the practice squad as an emergency/practice QB. he won't be given an actual Roster spot on this team unless its an emergency, or he can beat out Fitz or Thigpen. There is no way parrish is gone, Chan loves what he brings to the field and he was looking good last year, Chan has also said he needs to design more plays to get Parrish the Ball

Edited by apuszczalowski

Smith's presence ONLY means that Brown's roster spot is in trouble. Thigpen will likely be the 2nd QB, with Smith #3/"Wildcat" QB and Brown may end up on the PS. Smith will also handle KR duties, maybe PR duties, and play RB/WR in "Wildcat" formations.

I don't see how Parrish can make the team.

Roscoe was on Pace for about 70 receptions last year, had a great year he's not going anywhere. Without a viable tightend Chan will use his deep wide receiver corps. Evans- Johnson- Parish along with Nelson and Smith. Donald Jones and Roosevelt Naaman are probably out, if they only carry one tight end your could see Easley. Parish ? not only making it but starting in the three wideout set.

EXACTLY, the #3QB position has now been changed in the new NFL rules and it is basically a new position for teams to have someone run their Wildcat offences. This is what Smith was brought in for, the Bills are taking advantage of this new rule and bringing in someone directly for it.

Roscoe was on Pace for about 70 receptions last year, had a great year he's not going anywhere. Without a viable tightend Chan will use his deep wide receiver corps. Evans- Johnson- Parish along with Nelson and Smith. Donald Jones and Roosevelt Naaman are probably out, if they only carry one tight end your could see Easley. Parish ? not only making it but starting in the three wideout set.

Again EXACTLY, Chan loves Roscoe, he has even said he is working on more plays to get him the Ball more. He was having a great year until his injury last season. He isn't going anywhere

After the first 5 games in '07, Parrish was "on pace" for about 65 receptions. He finished with 35. There's no such thing as "on pace".