Brad Smith...Update...signs with Buffalo

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What offense doesn't need a good TE? Most offenses don't have a good TE, that's why they don't use them. Didn't someone point out earlier today that Tony G had like 93 catches for over 1,000 yards and multiple TD's when Gailey was in KC? If that's true, which it probably is when he had Thigpen there, do you kinda see how Gailey does indeed like TE's and knows how to use them?

Of course, I didn't verify those stats though, so I don't know if it's true.

Tony G was more of a WR than a TE and tried to argue that when he was tagged.

Hope someone is transcribing his whole interview on Sirius right now...

Wow - I'm impressed. When asked why he wanted to come to Buffalo he said "It was about being part of something bigger than myself. About taking ownership of something.

This guy definitely is buying into Chan and Buddy's philosophy!

Edited by Heitz

Brad Smith.

Former 4th rounder who has improved every year and is in his prime.

One of numerous things that a small handful of crusading naysayers isn't getting is that Smith is not a Parrish, Spiller, McKelvin type player.

He's 6'1" and 220 pounds. Watch the highlights for God's sake… he's BREAKING TACKLES with 4.46 speed and power and dragging people at the end of runs.

Smith is a physical freak with excellent football instincts… measurables and intangibles. He broad jumps 10'8", and verticals 39". He's a big, strong, fast, freaky athlete.

Another thing that the vocal minority is not getting is that Smith is more of a running back than he is a wide receiver… 64 career receptions… 98 career rushes… and he averages 7.8 yards per rush… and is not really a threat as a receiver. He's not taking snaps away from our wideouts. Catching passes is not the reason we signed him.

He is a great kick returner… over 1400 kick return yards last year, almost 27 yards per return and 2 TDs. Only 2 players with over 20 returns had a higher average. He'll be back there with Spiller or McKelvin and the other team will have no one to "kick away from." The Bills will be a threat to take it all the way on every kickoff they receive.

Smith is a huge character guy… leader of the Missouri Tigers in college, team captain, and has won numerous team awards with the Jets… extremely popular with coaches and teammates and a very solid person.

Our QBs now are Fitz, Thigpen, and Smith. No elite quarterback but very, very solid group with special talents.

This signing is outstanding, IMO.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Brad Smith.

One of numerous things that a small handful of crusading naysayers isn't getting is that Smith is not a Parrish, Spiller, McKelvin type player.

He's 6'1" and 220 pounds. Watch the highlights for God's sake… he's BREAKING TACKLES with 4.46 speed and power and dragging people at the end of runs.

Smith is a physical freak with excellent football instincts… measurables and intangibles. He broad jumps 10'8", and verticals 39". He's a big, strong, fast, freaky athlete.

Another thing that the vocal minority is not getting is that Smith is more of a running back than he is a wide receiver… 64 career receptions… 98 career rushes… and he averages 7.8 yards per rush… and is not really a threat as a receiver. He's not taking snaps away from our wideouts. Catching passes is not the reason we signed him.

He is a great kick returner… over 1400 kick return yards last year, almost 27 yards per return and 2 TDs. Only 2 players with over 20 returns had a higher average. He'll be back there with Spiller or McKelvin and the other team will have no one to "kick away from." The Bills will be a threat to take it all the way on every kickoff they receive.

Smith is a huge character guy… leader of the Missouri Tigers in college, team captain, and has won numerous team awards with the Jets… extremely popular with coaches and teammates and a very solid person.

Our QBs now are Fitz, Thigpen, and Smith. No elite quarterback but very, very solid group with special talents.

It's not that TSW really hates the signing of Smith, it's more that they lost out on Clabo and still no ILB signed that is driving the Smith hating imho.

He's a very good ball player. Versatile, fast, shifty and makes us a better team. Sure we have some good wrs, but now we have another. But this one can play some QB and makes our wildcat legit. Complain all you want that we didn't sign a RT, LB or TE, but at least we added a good player that can add a new wrinkle to our team. If we signed him for 2-3 million, I'd super fired up. We signed him for 3.75. I'm fired up and can't wait to see what chan can do with him. If DJ was our coach, it wouldnt be such a great move, but hes what chans looking for, hence the signing. FRee agency isn't over, there's still other guys to add, don't shed tears because we added a luxury before we added a need. Wait it out. There's still some good talent in positions of need out there. I'm confidant we'll add someone else that will make you smile.

Brad Smith.

I was looking for your thoughts on the signing, I figured you'd feel the same way I do. Great signing. The people that don't know football are weeding themselves out in this thread. I'm pumped.

Brad Smith.

I was looking for your thoughts on the signing, I figured you'd feel the same way I do. Great signing. The people that don't know football are weeding themselves out in this thread. I'm pumped.

And I don't mind the signing, it's just not what we NEED. I'm sick of getting things we don't need when we actually need so much elsewhere. That's what pisses me off about it.

I'd rather overpay for Zach Miller and Tyson Clabo with Smith's money than have Smith on this team. Plain and simple. I'd offer Clabo and Miller both 1.5 or 2 million more per year than other teams with Smith's money and that would certainly have a bigger impact, than having Smith on this team. Thats my problem with this.

And yes, I would overpay for guys like Miller and Clabo at this point, simple because we have to at this point, and we have the money to do it. We have to break out of this somehow, and probably overpaying is the only way we do it.

It's not Smith the player I don't like, it's the premise of the resources he takes away from us to go get legit pieces we need elsewhere on this roster, before a guy like Smith can help.

You act as if, A: we aren't trying to sign any NEED players; B: we can just sign people by offering them more money. We ARE trying to sign NEED players. We ARE offering them more money and they are declining it. Not many players WANT to play for the bills. We cant just sign people. Players actually have to sign with us, and most players dont wanna do that. I certainly dont blame them. We love our team. The majority of the players in the nfl laugh at our team. The love of money is the only thing that will bring people here. I'd certainly take 1 million less a year to at in atl than in buffalo, maybe even 2 or 3. Winning and happiness > a little more money losing year in year out. Lots of players feel the same.

You act as if, A: we aren't trying to sign any NEED players; B: we can just sign people by offering them more money. We ARE trying to sign NEED players. We ARE offering them more money and they are declining it. Not many players WANT to play for the bills. We cant just sign people. Players actually have to sign with us, and most players dont wanna do that. I certainly dont blame them. We love our team. The majority of the players in the nfl laugh at our team. The love of money is the only thing that will bring people here. I'd certainly take 1 million less a year to at in atl than in buffalo, maybe even 2 or 3. Winning and happiness > a little more money losing year in year out. Lots of players feel the same.

We are going to have to kick-ass in the draft, get the right guys and start putting together some wins. Then things will change.

Gotta think Chan sees him as a QB and his new Slash. He's got talent, is versatile, and I can see Chan devising schemes for him.

GO BILLS!!!

I think he and Nesbitt will bunk together and compete next to each other at camp.There could be some "slash"or "wildcat" in our future.

I see a lot of touchdowns scored by the Bills opponents. They are gonna need fresh legs to return all of the kicks! hahahahahaha..

It's

a

joke.

Cmon man!