James Harrison... WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

He may be untouchable now thanks to the lockout, but he's making that giant bullseye on his chest even bigger. It can't be too long now before he gets himself black listed by the entire league.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anything wrong with what he's said.

#1) Goodell is completely ruining this game. He should just quit and run his own flag football league. Well said Harrison.

Doesn't matter. Whether or not anyone believes Goodell is ruining the game, that doesn't mean you should publicly lambaste the guy with the types of comments that Harrison supposedly said. If you think your company's CEO is a completely ignorant & arrogant jerk, do you go out in public (facebook, twitter, or even at happy hour w/other executives around) and say so? I didn't think so. It's basically career suicide.

#2) He's right again. It's well documented that a lot of the Steelers players dislike their QB. He doesn't have the respect of his team so what. How many times has that defense bailed that team out of jams? Roethlisberger has only thrown for +20 TDs TWICE in his 7 year career and he's labeled as a top tier QB. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

He's not a top-tier QB because of his stats. He wins games - that's all the Steelers and their fans care about. If Roethlisberger played in Buffalo, you'd be claiming to the world that he's a top-tier QB.

Doesn't matter. Whether or not anyone believes Goodell is ruining the game, that doesn't mean you should publicly lambaste the guy with the types of comments that Harrison supposedly said. If you think your company's CEO is a completely ignorant & arrogant jerk, do you go out in public (facebook, twitter, or even at happy hour w/other executives around) and say so? I didn't think so. It's basically career suicide.

He's not a top-tier QB because of his stats. He wins games - that's all the Steelers and their fans care about. If Roethlisberger played in Buffalo, you'd be claiming to the world that he's a top-tier QB.

Does HE win games or does that DEFENSE win games? Kinda like how Sanchez doesn't win games. His defense does.

If he played for Buffalo he wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Edited by DreReed83

If ANY of us went to the media, or even on Facebook, and called our bosses names and slurs, and accused co-workers of being on drugs... we'd be unemployed today.

If Harrison doesnt like the NFL, he is free to find work elsewhere.

I've left jobs because of scumbag bosses. He should man-up and do the right thing. Not go out like a B word.

Can you blame the guy? Goodell was targeting Harrison the entire year for lame hits. Sorry but that hit he had against us and Fitz was a vicious hit but it was clean. I don't know what the deal is. Harrisons comments about Polamalu is absolutely correct. Harrison and Polamalu are both hard hitting and vicious players. Harrison gets fined because he has an edge to his personality while Troy is mild mannered. So Troy gets away with more.

Thats not right. Preach on Silverback !!!

Harrison is an idiot. The guy has no idea how to tackle, so he spears people with his helmet. I live in Pittsburgh and watch a lot of Steeler games. He is an absoulte idiot, that's why he gets fined so much and so often. Troy knows how to tackle, and when he's not using his arms, leans in with his shoulder to make shoulder to shoulder contact. The hit on Fitz was dirty. Pick up a rule book. You're not allowed to spear with your head, plain and simple. It does not matter that he hit Fitz in the chest instead of the head. Although, it appears that Harrison has done the most damage to himself.

If ANY of us went to the media, or even on Facebook, and called our bosses names and slurs, and accused co-workers of being on drugs... we'd be unemployed today.

If Harrison doesnt like the NFL, he is free to find work elsewhere.

I've left jobs because of scumbag bosses. He should man-up and do the right thing. Not go out like a B word.

Well put. If he hates it so much, he should retire like he threatened to do last year. Instead here is a guy making millions whining about the few rules he has to abide by during games. Grow up....and while your at it, learn how to tackle.

Edited by RyanC883

Every time Harrison opens his mouth, he proves that not only is he inarticulate in his language, but that he's also inarticulate in his thinking. On top of that he projects a thuggish, punk, attitude, IMO.

What if Harrison had said this:

"I honestly do not like the Commissioner and he knows that.

I speak not only for myself, but for other players in that he is a puppet for the owners.

I don't think Goodell knows the game and I think he doesn't understands football.

I think the fines against me are a joke, quite honestly.

On Mendenhall, I'm still upset that he fumbled twice in the playoffs.

As for Big Ben, he would be the first to admit that he has a great defense to cover his ass.

You don't have to have a good vocabulary to come off as an intelligent and thoughtful man. The thing is, Harrison is neither intelligent or thoughtful.

He is one hell of a great football player though. That said, I don't like the guy and would not be excited about him being a member of the Buffalo Bills.

Does HE win games or does that DEFENSE win games? Kinda like how Sanchez doesn't win games. His defense does.

It may not be the best example, but I can remember three different times the Bills had him wrapped up for a sack and he squirmed away to get positive yardage. Yes, their defense is their life, but "experts" place Roethlisberger in an elite status because of plays like that.

If I was an athlete, I'd never give interviews or have Twitter. They all should follow the Jeter model.

That said, as dumb as it may be, he is still allowed to say whatever he wants. I understand why the NFL is trying to get rid of certain hits but as a defensive player, they are cutting their balls off.

If I was an athlete, I'd never give interviews or have Twitter. They all should follow the Jeter model.

That said, as dumb as it may be, he is still allowed to say whatever he wants. I understand why the NFL is trying to get rid of certain hits but as a defensive player, they are cutting their balls off.

No theyre not. Theyre saving their heads/necks.

No one is saying you cant have big hits. Its just the technique they are using, which is incorrect and dangerous.

There are plenty of big-time hits in the NFL and College that are done properly, and both guys get to walk away from. With the technique Harrison uses, it's only a matter of time until neither he nor the other player get up. I wouldnt want to play on the same field as a guy like that. Not because Im afraid of him as a player, but because his poor technique is dangerous.

Harrison is mad because he knows if he cant cheapshot/spear, he goes back to being the mid-level journeyman that he was throughout most of his career.

Before you try to ever use this stupid argument again, you should know the true root of the slur.

You are correct that a Fag was defined as "a bundle of sticks used for kindling/burning".

The reason it became a homophobic slur, is because when they used to burn witches at the stake, if there were any guys around accused of homosexuality, they would throw them on the fire as well. The rule was they were not even good enough to get their own stake, so just throw the guy on the fire with the fags.

So when you use that slur, it's not calling someone a cigarette. It's reminding them that we used to despise their kind so much, we'd burn them alive.

:rolleyes:

the useful tool of "off the record"...works in an interview to a point...

I believe Harrison is dumb enough and was tricked into thinking the questions that were asked...were in fact, under the confidential terms of "off the record"...

What I mean is...he could've been asked "off record" questions, which journalists have an oath to protect the confidentiality of the interviewee...However, later in the interview Harrison ran his mouth on his true feelings...not under the "off the record" time!

I've seen interviews in my journalism class, where the journalist will manipulate and make the interviewee so comfortable--that the interviewee will open up to any question asked...that is not held confidential or under "off the record."

some of his quotes about Big Ben and Mendenhal's fumbling (only twice during the season and twice in the postseason) sound word for word of what Harrison would say...

Proving my theory...James Harrison makes millions and has the brain of a 11 year old!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Goodell should be ripped on he's the worst gm in pro sports. He's done nothing but repeatedly try to ruin the sport, and is nothing more than a stooge for Kraft and Jerry Jones

Maybe you are not familiar with Messrs. Bettman and Selig.

Anyway...football's been ruined? I think I missed that.

I guess that was Harrison who threw the game winning touchdown against Arizona in the final minute of the Super Bowl?

Regardless of how stupid you think Goodell is, you don't badmouth your OWN TEAMMATES. That is supposed to stay in the locker room. He broke the code of the room, he'll be turfed soon.

Yeah, but maybe he says that out of respect.

Goodell should not suspend him, but should force him to play without a helmet. Harrison can play the wants to--you know, not like a pu***y, Goodell gets rid of a league embarrassment after a season (or even a few games!) and that doc in Boston gets another brain to confirm yet another case of NFL induced CTE---everyone wins!

I agree, WEO. Everyone knows it's better to be pissed off, than to be pissed on. So he pissed him off by calling him names, but showed respect by saying he'd never go so far as to piss on him. Poor guy is misunderstood.