James Harrison... WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Im sure a lot of it was taken out of context, but man, he is digging himself a hole. Trashing goodwell is one thing, but trashing your own team is another. The worst I think is that if they had won the super bowl, that he would have whispered that crap to the commish. ridiculous.

I don't think much was taken out of context. The man has no filter. Reminds me of the Buddy Ryan days. Granted, Buddy wasn't a player, but he certainly wasn't shy about calling out the offense for not playing up to the standards of his defense.

The worst part of the rant, though, were the unfortunate comments about Goodell. I'm sorry, you can dislike the positions the commissioner has taken, but Harrison has gone way overboard. Really makes it hard to respect him as a human being.

It was not taken out of context. He rips on Goodell, and even his own team mates.

The dude is a huge POS, and had a crappy career, floundering between practice squads and the Euro League before finally figuring our some schemes and how to spear with his helmet.

The pic in the magazine of him holding the 2 guns is just ridiculous.

This guy just sucks.

Edited by DrDareustein

Im sure a lot of it was taken out of context, but man, he is digging himself a hole. Trashing goodwell is one thing, but trashing your own team is another. The worst I think is that if they had won the super bowl, that he would have whispered that crap to the commish. ridiculous.

He said “If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn’t do it,”

"7" I am glad you posted this article. I read it earlier and was dumbfounded by it. James Harrison you are a disgrace. Playing the race card today. When your privledged life has never been effected by race. I do not care what you say about your team mates. I personally thing Big Ben is a piece of garbage. But to say the NFL commisioner is a racist. Just shows how stupid you are. I hope he gets a personal Lawyer and goes after you for slander. If you were on fire I would at least beat you with a stick to put it out. Here is hoping you become broke very soon and know what it is like to be broke and black in society today. When you make 6 Million dollars a year No one feels sorry for you. Just sound like a very spoiled child who does not want to get punished when you do wrong. (Oh sorry you are a spoiled child not a man)

He said “If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn’t do it,”

Hard to take that out of context.

He also used a "gay slur" in reference to Goodell.

He obviously has issues.

He's also incapable of realizing that his fines escalated with each infraction. But instead claims it is racism. It's no wonder that he didn't learn his lesson and continued to rack up the fines.

The Steelers have a history of not dealing with much BS from their players, I wonder if they consider kicking him to the curb.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Yeah, but maybe he says that out of respect.

Goodell should not suspend him, but should force him to play without a helmet. Harrison can play the wants to--you know, not like a pu***y, Goodell gets rid of a league embarrassment after a season (or even a few games!) and that doc in Boston gets another brain to confirm yet another case of NFL induced CTE---everyone wins!

Hard to take that out of context.

He also used a "gay slur" in reference to Goodell.

He obviously has issues.

He's also incapable of realizing that his fines escalated with each infraction. But instead claims it is racism. It's no wonder that he didn't learn his lesson and continued to rack up the fines.

The Steelers have a history of not dealing with much BS from their players, I wonder if they consider kicking him to the curb.

I'm not sure how they keep that rep. Who have they gone after that is a real player? I've seen the third stringers cut but if big ben is there; why would JH have to worry?

he is a thug.. not a steeler type .. would not be surprised they cut him.. as much as i want the bills to upgrade , do not want him. it is not being a "goody two shoes" , but he called out a teammate. he is not worth the trouble. he has disrespected the office of the commissioner, he should be fined, suspended, whatever.

Edited by dwight in philly

The comments about Goodell dont bother me nearly as much as throwing his own teammates under the bus. I like how he said what he would have done IF they won the super bowl.... that's really you insult "IF we won the superbowl". You can stop right at the end of that statement you fool, talking isht about what you woulda said if you won. Loser. i would have to think all this is pointing towards a retirement. could you imagine him trying to small talk in the locker room after the lockout ends :thumbdown::thumbdown: idiots, id want him cut if i was a steelers fan

What's so wrong with what he said? Big Ben is a legal rapist and Mendenhall is one of the biggest clowns in the NFL. Neither of them should still be allowed in the NFL. Why are people shocked?

Besides, is there anyone on here who wouldn't love to have him released by the Steelers and picked up by the Bills?

Edited by kas23

What's so wrong with what he said? Big Ben is a legal rapist and Mendenhall is one of the biggest clowns in the NFL. Neither of them should still be allowed in the NFL. Why are people shocked?

because he insulted the commissioner of the league for one!. you think that is ok??? should he have carte blanche to denigrate the office of the commissioner of the league?? , much less his teammates?? , regardless of their past?? as an aside, not sure if the "rapist" was convicted..

Besides, is there anyone on here who wouldn't love to have him released by the Steelers and picked up by the Bills?

I wouldn't take him if he wanted to play in Buffalo for free. If you understand locker rooms and the politics involved, you'd know that what Harrison said is Cardinal sin #1: never, NEVER throw your team mates under the bus in the press or in any public forum for that matter.

I doubt he sticks with the Steelers much longer.

GO BILLS!!!

because he insulted the commissioner of the league for one!. you think that is ok??? should he have carte blanche to denigrate the office of the commissioner of the league?? , much less his teammates?? , regardless of their past?? as an aside, not sure if the "rapist" was convicted..

I agree, he should try to be more respectful, but he's not the first to publicly insult the Comish and won't the the last. Sure, the rapist wasn't convicted, but let's get real here. Casey Anthony is innocent too, I guess.

I'm sure we can agree with any insults hurled towards Mendenhall though, he's an insult to the human race.

I agree, he should try to be more respectful, but he's not the first to publicly insult the Comish and won't the the last. Sure, the rapist wasn't convicted, but let's get real here. Casey Anthony is innocent too, I guess.

I'm sure we can agree with any insults hurled towards Mendenhall though, he's an insult to the human race.

i think you may have an agenda, i do not. casey anthony, mendenhall? .. you totally lost me..

One off the top of my head is Santonio Holmes.

touche, but i will say trading a last strike already suspended drug offender in the last year of his contract, is different than cutting ties with harrison... and far from justifies the reputation..

Edited by NoSaint

Getting real would require us to acknowledge that BB was never tried for a crime, despite his accuser being alive and well. Also Casey Anthony was not found "innocent".

I don't see anything wrong with what he's said.

#1) Goodell is completely ruining this game. He should just quit and run his own flag football league. Well said Harrison.

#2) He's right again. It's well documented that a lot of the Steelers players dislike their QB. He doesn't have the respect of his team so what. How many times has that defense bailed that team out of jams? Roethlisberger has only thrown for +20 TDs TWICE in his 7 year career and he's labeled as a top tier QB. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Well, that part wasn't taken out of context. The big ben comment seemed like it had missing parts to it, hence being out of context. The goodwell stuff, looks like it was just how it looks.

also, funny he called mendenhall a fumble machine, when he only had 2 fumbles in the regular season last year. Crazy fella.

Well, that part wasn't taken out of context. The big ben comment seemed like it had missing parts to it, hence being out of context. The goodwell stuff, looks like it was just how it looks.

Can you blame the guy? Goodell was targeting Harrison the entire year for lame hits. Sorry but that hit he had against us and Fitz was a vicious hit but it was clean. I don't know what the deal is. Harrisons comments about Polamalu is absolutely correct. Harrison and Polamalu are both hard hitting and vicious players. Harrison gets fined because he has an edge to his personality while Troy is mild mannered. So Troy gets away with more.

Thats not right. Preach on Silverback !!!

I don't see anything wrong with what he's said.

#1) Goodell is completely ruining this game. He should just quit and run his own flag football league. Well said Harrison.

#2) He's right again. It's well documented that a lot of the Steelers players dislike their QB. He doesn't have the respect of his team so what. How many times has that defense bailed that team out of jams? Roethlisberger has only thrown for +20 TDs TWICE in his 7 year career and he's labeled as a top tier QB. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Sarcasm? Altough it's funnier if you're serious.

Sorry but that hit he had against us and Fitz was a vicious hit but it was clean.

I was waiting for the flag on that hit from my seat in the second deck. He lead with the crown of his helmet.

is a link of some hits he had last year. The Fitz hit is last at about the 1 minute mark.

I am surprised by the comments against Harrison. I agree with the article. And Goodell is way out of his element as a commissioner. He acts more like a Kindergarten teacher, and worst, never sticks up for players. I realize that the owners pay his salary, but even the baseball commissioner Selig occasionally goes after an owner, a position he once held.

No sarcasm here. I don't see anything wrong with what he did. Bring back Tagliabue

Sorry, but if you don't see anything wrong with the things he said or the way he said them then you really have no clue of how civilized people should interact with each other.

also, funny he called mendenhall a fumble machine, when he only had 2 fumbles in the regular season last year. Crazy fella.

I love how public figures make asses of themselves and then always claim that things were taken out of context. What context would his comments have been appropriate in? It always reminds me of how Charles Barkley claimed that he had been misquoted in his own autobiography when some of the comments in it became controversial.

Edited by vincec

I am surprised by the comments against Harrison. I agree with the article. And Goodell is way out of his element as a commissioner. He acts more like a Kindergarten teacher, and worst, never sticks up for players. I realize that the owners pay his salary, but even the baseball commissioner Selig occasionally goes after an owner, a position he once held.

and I feel he's completely in his element -including the necessity to watch over & discipline childish behavior by the one, expendable part of the Organization he represents. Players are, on average, history in less than 4 years with their next game possibly being their last game. BS like this can have a far more lasting deleterious impact.

I hope Harrison is run out of the league on a lifetime ban.

JMO.

and I feel he's completely in his element -including the necessity to watch over & discipline childish behavior by the one, expendable part of the Organization he represents. Players are, on average, history in less than 4 years with their next game possibly being their last game. BS like this can have a far more lasting deleterious impact.

I hope Harrison is run out of the league on a lifetime ban.

JMO.

He'll be run out of the league if he keeps opening his mouth like this...not from suspension, but from apathy. Nobody will want him on their team if he keeps this up.

he is a thug.. not a steeler type .. would not be surprised they cut him.. as much as i want the bills to upgrade , do not want him. it is not being a "goody two shoes" , but he called out a teammate. he is not worth the trouble. he has disrespected the office of the commissioner, he should be fined, suspended, whatever.

Maybe he should rape someone if he wants to stay on the team. Or perhaps he can sing the praises of Osama bin Laden.

Steeler type. lol

One off the top of my head is Santonio Holmes.

And Plaxico Burress. .............. To respond to the question about wanting him on my team. No chance. Winning is not that important.

Didn't Belicheck and the Patriots get fined very heavily from Goodell. Lost a first round draft pick. 500.000 dollars.

Maybe he should rape someone if he wants to stay on the team. Or perhaps he can sing the praises of Osama bin Laden.

Steeler type. lol

You know something is slightly off-kilter when Crayonz becomes the voice of reason around here.

i think you may have an agenda, i do not. casey anthony, mendenhall? .. you totally lost me..

If you don't know how much of head-case Mendenhall is, I suggest you do a simple Google search. I'm not trying to pick any fight here, but the guy is simply nuts.

The Steelers would be smart to put a muzzle on him .... He makes the whole organization look bad.

Muzzle on who, Mendenhall? I would agree. Whenever that guys even opens his mouth, something completely against the basic societal mores comes out.

What Harrison is saying against Goodell is because Goodell is trying to castrate one of Harrison's strong points - being a very aggressive player. We would love such a hard-hitting person on our team.

Edited by kas23

O.K. Harsh ? Yes I will agree a bit harsh but this after all is America & last i checked we do have freedom of speech . It just goes to show the guys mentality & shows me just what the reporter in the clip said , he is more than likely just a thug in real life !! With that type of temper i personally believe it is just a matter of time before this guy really get's him self into some major trouble out side of the NFL .

Question - Is this really any different than what America teaches the adults of tomorrow by buying our children a video game that in graphic detail has you go out & see just how many people you can kill or maim in the video game & then we as parents let them sit for hours on end playing these violent games & then wonder why these kids go to school with guns & kill others rather than making them go outside & play B Ball or something constructive ?? Especially when the consequence for doing something bad today as a child is to take away a toy ?? Go Figure !!

The one thing (At Least) that this guy portrays is that he is willing to accept the responsibility for his actions (right , wrong or indifferent) , which in the politically correct world we live in now known as the USA where it is easier to make an excuse or give a bogus apology rather than just say what you mean (as long as you don't ACT on those impulses) & accept the consequences of said comments !!!

One thing that it seems all media (especially ESPN) is constantly bringing to the fore front in sports is this guy slur crap !!!! Every time an athlete says a word like FAG it's put in every sports media platform available which is just following the agenda . How many of us would know about it if they didn't tell it ?? (OH YOU HURT MY FEELINGS !!) :cry:

Besides what ever happened to the old adage "Sticks & stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me" :nana: ? Has our country become so freakin politically correct that what is not natural or the way that it was intended to be starting to take over as the NORM ?

The word 1) FAG Or 2) FAGGOT last i knew was 1) Slang for a cigarette in England & 2) A bundle of sticks , but because of American slang mixed with ignorance , then throw in a whole lot of political correctness has taken a decision of ones personal life style (right or wrong) into a place that is quite bothersome . Do what you must to be happy with in your life as long as i don't have to change every thing in my life to make your decision acceptable , It's your decision accept the responsiblity of your actions & what may come with it !! And don't push it on others - that's the problem !!

Just consider the source & live your life ! I personally don't care what gay slur these folks use & don't care to know about it every time some one says these things, but with in the agenda , the media is being used just as it is intended to be used !! Were just to stupid to realize it !!

As far as Harrison goes in football your going to have very intense & violent individuals , it's a violent game with an almost barbaric mentality so why does this kind of thing surprise any one ?? Just look at the way the guy plays , he's out to do what the NFL wants & the NFL profits off of by selling Harrison's play on the hardest hits video's but if you don't play the "game within the game" the way the NFL wants you to your ostracised for it .

Can you say DOUBLE STANDARD ?? :wallbash:

Edited by T master

The word 1) FAG Or 2) FAGGOT last i knew was 1) Slang for a cigarette in England & 2) A bundle of sticks , but because of American slang mixed with ignorance , then throw in a whole lot of political correctness has taken a decision of ones personal life style (right or wrong) into a place that is quite bothersome . Do what you must to be happy with in your life as long as i don't have to change every thing in my life to make your decision acceptable , It's your decision accept the responsiblity of your actions & what may come with it !! And don't push it on others - that's the problem !!

Just consider the source & live your life ! I personally don't care what gay slur these folks use & don't care to know about it every time some one says these things, but with in the agenda , the media is being used just as it is intended to be used !! Were just to stupid to realize it !!

Before you try to ever use this stupid argument again, you should know the true root of the slur.

You are correct that a Fag was defined as "a bundle of sticks used for kindling/burning".

The reason it became a homophobic slur, is because when they used to burn witches at the stake, if there were any guys around accused of homosexuality, they would throw them on the fire as well. The rule was they were not even good enough to get their own stake, so just throw the guy on the fire with the fags.

So when you use that slur, it's not calling someone a cigarette. It's reminding them that we used to despise their kind so much, we'd burn them alive.