Schefter twittering deal in the works

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick twitter tip (twip?):

If you click on the timestamp of an individual tweet, or copy that link's location, you can link directly to an individual tweet.

In this case: LINK

Let's hope his Tweet is accurate. Would be about time to end this silliness of millionaires and billionaires fighting over money like they are going to the foodstamp line if they don't get their ways.

Having June 21 be the day makes sense - it's the longest day of the year so they have more time to negotiate.

what?

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Having June 21 be the day makes sense - it's the longest day of the year so they have more time to negotiate.

It's 57 degrees here and the days will start getting shorter already. Great. They better sign a deal. Football weather will be coming fast this year it seems.

Let's hope his Tweet is accurate. Would be about time to end this silliness of millionaires and billionaires fighting over money like they are going to the foodstamp line if they don't get their ways.

The joke is ... if they are that close why not finish it up this week or at least open up the camps.

Frankly, I learned a long time ago not to trust those who tweet for a living.

The joke is ... if they are that close why not finish it up this week or at least open up the camps.

If it is true, the lawyers are involved now, so now they are going to fight over the language until it is perfect. And I am sure there is a lot of language to go through. That would be assuming that the basic framework of the deal is done.... which I have my doubts. But either way, it is going to take a week for the lawyers to go through the language. And for the past few weeks, the laywers haven't been involved.

Also, that is the day of the owners meeting.... so the idea is that it would be a good time for them to vote on a CBA, if the framework is there.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

Owners meetings are next week and they've been told to be prepared for an extra day. Plenty of other sources are saying a deal in 2-3 weeks, but the first time that all of the owners will be together to discuss a potential deal is next week.

AP reporting framework for new CBA could be in place in week.

AP story ... more to come

jw

Thanks John. I've been forcing myself into not getting excited about the recent developments.

It's getting tougher though.

It's possible that by this time next week, all of us will be buzzing about free agency and rookie minicamp!

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Thanks John. I've been forcing myself into not getting excited about the recent developments.

It's getting tougher though.

It's possible that by this time next week, all of us will be buzzing about free agency and rookie minicamp!

from what i'm hearing, i'd be cautiously encouraged about the prospects of a deal getting done within 2-3 weeks.

jw

Updated AP story

Edited by john wawrow

Did Donte burn you with the Super Bowl ticket giveaway too? And to think I followed that jerk!

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that Twitter is really just a medium for idiots to communicate with other idiots for the amusement of the rest of us. Am I missing a greater significance? Is Twitter capable of more but its just been co-opted by idiots. My heirarchy of communication forms is below:

1. Phone call

2. Text

3. E-mail

4. Snail mail

5. semiphor/morse

6. facebook

7. mime

8. interpretative dance

9. carrier pigeon

10. Chatroullete

11. Twitter

12. cup-and-string

Did Donte burn you with the Super Bowl ticket giveaway too? And to think I followed that jerk!

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that Twitter is really just a medium for idiots to communicate with other idiots for the amusement of the rest of us. Am I missing a greater significance? Is Twitter capable of more but its just been co-opted by idiots. My heirarchy of communication forms is below:

1. Phone call

2. Text

3. E-mail

4. Snail mail

5. semiphor/morse

6. facebook

7. mime

8. interpretative dance

9. carrier pigeon

10. Chatroullete

11. Twitter

12. cup-and-string

it frcs u 2 b brf n ur cmmnts & 2 spl lk n idit

ownrs & plyrs ks & mkup <3

"The NFL and its players are making progress in labor negotiations being held Tuesday at an undisclosed location in the Washington area."

(In other words, they are all at Congressional Country Club in Bethesda for the US Open B-) )

Tiger is moderating because he has nothing better to do...

Edited by JoeF