Is it just me or is Buddy having a great time?

I've really been enjoying his recent interviews and in my eyes it sure looks like he's having a grand time being in charge of football. He came out of retirement but he doesn't show signs of weariness or regret of that decision. (unlike Levy IMO) He looks more comfortable than when he first took the job and at this point it looks to me like there is nothing else in the world that he'd rather be doing.

I have grown to really like him as our GM.

I've really been enjoying his recent interviews and in my eyes it sure looks like he's having a grand time being in charge of football. He came out of retirement but he doesn't show signs of weariness or regret of that decision. (unlike Levy IMO) He looks more comfortable than when he first took the job and at this point it looks to me like there is nothing else in the world that he'd rather be doing.

I agree. IMO, I think Nix feels like they had a solid draft and things are finally coming together for the defense he wants the Bills to run. Nix was around when the Bills had the best defense in the league in the late 90's, so I'm sure he wants Buffalo to get back to that stature.

I gotta believe he's having the time of his life. And why not? How can it NOT be fun to have one of the greatest jobs in the world and be making a living at something you thoroughly enjoy? Good for him.

GO BILLS!!!

Great observations ... I agree.

I probably had similar feelings of optimism when the following events occurred:

-- Tom Donahoe hired to run the organization

-- Gregg Williams turned in the "best interview ever"

-- Mike Mularkey informed us "Super Bowl is my password"

-- Marv Levy returned to lead the Bills back to greatness

Ouch.

That said, I can't disagree with the sentiments expressed in this thread. Buddy appears to be a pig in slop right now.

Ouch.

That said, I can't disagree with the sentiments expressed in this thread. Buddy appears to be a pig in slop right now.

Ralph as the owner = Progressive declines.

I agree, it does seem like he's enjoying it. There is something to be said for taking over a team at the bottom when the expectations are as low as you can get. I know there are a handful of UB Bulls alumni around this board and the situation kind of reminds me when Turner Gill was hired. The program sucked...he went 2-10 his first season and took his lumps but they groomed a capable QB and very good RB/WR tandem. The second year they went 5-7 and the third year went 8-6 and won the conference. Yes- this is professional football but i can envision some nice improvement this season and contending for a solid playoff berth the next. These guys (Chan and Buddy) know their football and they absolutely know what type of talent and scheme it takes to win in the NFL.

I agree on all points and I also like him very much as our GM. He's got a chip on his shoulder and I love that. Buddy and Chan aren't stupid ... they know the Bills have been an NFL laughing stock, and they also know many people snickered at each of their hires. So far, I think each of them has done a phenomenal job and I haven't scratched my head at any decisions they've made. They've got the team headed in the right direction for a change. I hope they're in Buffalo a long time.

Ouch.

Lol,that sounds like something I would say...

Personally I have a little more optimism about this though, since the Bills are also changing in the FO (at least a little). They FINALLY got rid of Modrak, a proven loser, and they finally hired at least somewhat of a qualified GM candidate.

The Bills actually had a draft that didn't have people wondering what the heck they were thinking...

Chan Gailey didn't thrill me as a head coach, but the scary thing is that I was happier about him than the previous head coaches.

Gregg Williams didn't bother me that much, as he was at least a very talented defensive guy and it showed.

But Mike Malarkey? This might be the most overrated offensive coordinator in history... He ran the steelers offense into the ground, as soon as he left they became a dominant world championship team...No coincidence.

I threw up in my mouth a little when I learned the Bills hired Dick Jauron as head coach. Historically bad coach, with one fluke "good" season. I immediately knew a few years of awful football would follow... It did.

Like I said, Chan doesn't thrill you, but he sounds pretty good considering who we've had recently...And Nix seems to have at least some idea about football.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Ouch.

I agree with the optimism when some of those events happened, but Optimism didn't linger for me so much. Optimism has gotten stronger for me with Buddy running the show.

It's really funny that you said a pig in slop because that was the exact image I had when I was writing the thread!

Ouch.

For all of our sakes we have to hope he points the Titanic in a new direction otherwise we are going to be adding him and Chan to the list above.

I'd be smiling too if Dareus fell to me and It was my job to make the pick. This kid is going to be special, at least I feel that way. I think he's the type of player that changes things in that he'll have an effect on everyone around him, and that's just his play on the field. He is also a great person, which isn't easy to find. He is truly the best of both worlds.

I agree on all points and I also like him very much as our GM. He's got a chip on his shoulder and I love that. Buddy and Chan aren't stupid ... they know the Bills have been an NFL laughing stock, and they also know many people snickered at each of their hires. So far, I think each of them has done a phenomenal job and I haven't scratched my head at any decisions they've made. They've got the team headed in the right direction for a change. I hope they're in Buffalo a long time.

i agree they've done a phenomenal job overall, but the kelsay extension was certainly a head-scratcher. all i can say in regards to that is since every other move buddy has made seems to be coherent and applaud-able, there's probably something going on there concerning info to which we fans are not privy.

as soon as spiller takes that next step (hopefully upfield, and not towards the sideline, lol) and the bills start winning with more consistency, i think the national media will really begin to highlight what a great job buddy's doing

Lol,that sounds like something I would say...

Personally I have a little more optimism about this though, since the Bills are also changing in the FO (at least a little). They FINALLY got rid of Modrak, a proven loser, and they finally hired at least somewhat of a qualified GM candidate.

The Bills actually had a draft that didn't have people wondering what the heck they were thinking...

Chan Gailey didn't thrill me as a head coach, but the scary thing is that I was happier about him than the previous head coaches.

Gregg Williams didn't bother me that much, as he was at least a very talented defensive guy and it showed.

But Mike Malarkey? This might be the most overrated offensive coordinator in history... He ran the steelers offense into the ground, as soon as he left they became a dominant world championship team...No coincidence.

I threw up in my mouth a little when I learned the Bills hired Dick Jauron as head coach. Historically bad coach, with one fluke "good" season. I immediately knew a few years of awful football would follow... It did.

Like I said, Chan doesn't thrill you, but he sounds pretty good considering who we've had recently...And Nix seems to have at least some idea about football.

Greg Williams was screwed by Donahoe. Drafting an injured Mcgahee was a slap in the face. Dumping Pat Williams and giving a first rounder to the pats for the statue really hurt.

John Butler kind of had that air about him of enjoying what he does. Hopefully their similarities don't stop there

Well hopefully they differ in at least one area…Butler kind of left us in salary cap hell and Donahoe actually did a good job of digging us back out.

But it also has to be acknowledged that Butler knew we were close to being a Super Bowl winning team and he went for broke towards the end there.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan