Osama Apparently Dead

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the more I think about this Pakistan has some SERIOUS questions they better answer. Bin Laden has been living in this massive lavish compound for years less than 100 yards from a Pakistani military academy. really?! Pakistan seriously claims they didnt know? pretty big coincidence that bin ladin was using the pakistani army as his body guard.

and secondly, I am very harsh and critical of Obama, but for once I think he made the right decision to not tell pakistan a thing about this raid even though it was on their own soil and just proceed with what was best for America. If he mentioned anything to Pakistan they would have tipped off Bin Laden and he would have been gone again.

nukes and all, Screw you Pakistan.

I think the army base was like a kilometer away, but otherwise agreed.

I think the army base was like a kilometer away, but otherwise agreed.

It's not the army as much as the ISI that protected al Qaeda and the Taleban.

Plus...proximity to a bunch of cadets does not equate to the army knowing about him (even if it involves building a million-dollar home). And what better place to hide than under the noses of the military?

It's got eleven-foot walls and a gate designed along medieval "bent entrance" lines (you apparently have to pass through two gates, then around a corner and through a gatehouse to get access to the compound - great design if you're facing battering rams and trebuchets, mildly stupid if you're facing helicopters). Security costs - even mildly stupid security.

PS3.

Maybe that's how they caught him?

It's possible the Sony hackers caught him

I think it's much more likely the CIA called Apple® and asked for the location of Osama's iPhone

Edited by /dev/null

Another partisan hack heard from. Just because CNN does it, it makes it okay for others? !@#$ing moron, I never had any respect for you unlike KD.

And you are not a hack yourself?

ALL of you with your political BS during this.\

Pathetic. Id rather slit my throat then vote for you liberals and same with the Cons.

I heard he had a sick basement.

Surround sound and PS3.

Maybe that's how they caught him?

PS3 network was down, so he went outside for some fresh air and got spotted.

Comment or preempt the news to give a speech?

Since he's pretty much just like every other politicians, yes I expect him to milk it for political capital, but I can get much more timely information from listening to the live news.

Your words are in the running for the most moronic thing ever typed on PPP. Congratulations!

Edit: I's been drinkin', but, this is a long post that I think is worth it.

The job is not done. I cannot believe there are idiots out there declaring victory in the "terror war". It is a dishonor to the dead. Mullah Omar is still alive. F_uck, Bin Dead's children are still alive, and we have every right to take them (and when I say take, I mean take as in deer) unless they swear off all malice towards us. Now is the time to put the Saudi's and Pakistani's(how you like us now mutherfuker?) balls in the grinder. We just took out their big excuse. Now it's time to collect on Gulf War I, the covert Afghan war in the 80s, and ignoring the Indians, after they have presented a mountain of evidence that Pak = Bad. In the immortal words of Henry Hill, "F you, pay me".

I have one question: did we stop fighting after Normandy? No, but we almost lost in the Battle of the Bulge, didn't we? Most people don't realize just how close we came to losing in Europe due to complacency and dependence on non-Americans to be as fierce and dedicated to finishing what we always end up finishing. Most people don't know that we could have ended the war in Eurpoe 10-12 months earlier, had we reasoned as Americans and not emoted as Europeans. Look up the Siegfried line, and how many Americans died...taking it twice. Most people don't know just how deadly we could be if we were held to the same standard the Russians are being held to in Chechnya

Nobody I worked with directly died, although it was a damn near thing for me. However, the guy that worked in the food court probably did. The Port Authority cop I saw every day after I got off the train from Philly probably did. Most importantly, many family/friends of my friends did. I have no family dead. If I did, then I wouldn't be doing what I am now. I would be working the the government intelligence business, rather than the business intelligence business.

And dare I say: without GITMO, there is no intelligence that gets O'Hide Behind Women.

That will be the story 2 months from now. And NOBODY should allow politics to have any effect on their opinion. We NEED to know if our methods work.

I went to a lot of funerals...as a peripheral figure. Having seen the pain from a distance, I get to enjoy our collective vengeance with zeal. Let's finish the job.

I very much agree with your comments. I hope you didn't infer from my comment last night that I think the war on terror is over. In no way did I or do I make that assertion. However, this is clearly a significant victory in that war and should be celebrated as such, before we get back to the business at hand.

I was working for NYC on 9/11/2011. I was on, under and around the pile for 4 months beginning 9/12/2011. The images and memories from those days and weeks will unfortunately last with me forever. I promised to never forget while saluting the ground zero flag and cross. I have not forgotten. I've waited patiently for this bastard to be brought to justice and I'm just damn glad I was able to see justice done at the end of an American bullet. Politics and bull **** be damned, this is the best news I've heard in a decade.

Yes, there's more work to be done. And I have all the trust and belief that our military and intelligence officials will continue doing that work. Just as I'll go on remembering and praying for their speedy and safe success.

As an aside: I'm glad he was buried quickly at sea. Put him out of sight with no grave to mark his existence.

And you are not a hack yourself?

ALL of you with your political BS during this.\

Pathetic. Id rather slit my throat then vote for you liberals and same with the Cons.

Reality is at least Clinton tried taking a shot at OBL, something Bush never did. His whole admin was so Saddam focused Condi deep sixed the memo from Richard Clarke before 9/11 saying Al Qaeda was planning something big in the US. Otherwise sadly theres a chance 9/11 could have been prevented. Not so amazing they pulled if off when you consider the Administration only wanted to hear bad things about Saddam. And of course OBL would in likelihood be brought to justice several years earlier had Bush not instead decided to commit the bulk of our resources on Saddam, bringing closure to the victims' families that much sooner.

Reality is at least Clinton tried taking a shot at OBL, something Bush never did. His whole admin was so Saddam focused Condi deep sixed the memo from Richard Clarke before 9/11 saying Al Qaeda was planning something big in the US. Otherwise sadly theres a chance 9/11 could have been prevented. Not so amazing they pulled if off when you consider the Administration only wanted to hear bad things about Saddam. And of course OBL would in likelihood be brought to justice several years earlier had Bush not instead decided to commit the bulk of our resources on Saddam, bringing closure to the victims' families that much sooner.

You are a stunning moron. Stunning.

You know this for a FACT?

What Tom said X 1,000,000

If you can't fight dirty, don't bother fighting at all. All glory and praise to those men who killed that son of a B word. I hope he died with a load of **** in his pants, cowering in a corner like the animal he was.

Let this send a clear message to our enemies. !@#$ with the bull, you get the horns.

The fun part is: if you get shot in the head by anybody, under any circumstance, you will always schit your pants and it only takes a few minutes at the most. So yes, some poor Navy Corpsman had to ride in the helicopter for God knows how long sitting next to a dead Osama who had schit his pants. Honor comes from many points on the battlefield.

Hey--I'm happy to take you off ignore!

Above is exactly right. On 9/11, it was easy to set aside my dislike for Bush and today, it is easy to set aside my dislike for Obama. Obama made a tough call in taking his time pulling the trigger on getting this mission right. If Obama had waited too long, contacted the Pakastani gov't to approve the op., or anything else and Osama had gotten away, he'd have taken a LOAD of blame. He didn't, so today he gets some credit. Same with the intel people that did all the groundwork for the op.

And of course, the lion's share of the credit goes to Navy Seal Team 6. Heroes all.

youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg

Hey, I couldn't give a schit one way or the other. Feel free to put me right back on ignore so I can crush you, and the only way you find out about it is when somebody quotes me. You tools haven't learned that the reason I hit you so hard is so that you will put me on ignore, so I can wail on you, and you have no way to fight back. By all means, put me back on your "list". I find it highly entertaining.

Of course it's right. I have 0 need or interest in mitigating the truth. I just tell it, and to hell with those that don't like it.

No. A full measure of credit goes to Obama. It's a very difficult job making the right call, even with the best actionable intelligence.

Obama made the right call, and he deserves whatever he gets from it. Now, if only you can grow up enough to understand that, given the intel, Bush made the right calls, we might get somewhere useful. Some of Bush's calls were wrong, and he deserved what he got for them. But, not all of them. "The Surge" was right. I am still waiting for a multitude of posters here to admit that Bush, and I, were right about the surge. Probably never happen, but hey, maybe if you put me on ignore again we'll see some more reason rather than emoting.:rolleyes:

I very much agree with your comments. I hope you didn't infer from my comment last night that I think the war on terror is over. In no way did I or do I make that assertion. However, this is clearly a significant victory in that war and should be celebrated as such, before we get back to the business at hand.

I was working for NYC on 9/11/2011. I was on, under and around the pile for 4 months beginning 9/12/2011. The images and memories from those days and weeks will unfortunately last with me forever. I promised to never forget while saluting the ground zero flag and cross. I have not forgotten. I've waited patiently for this bastard to be brought to justice and I'm just damn glad I was able to see justice done at the end of an American bullet. Politics and bull **** be damned, this is the best news I've heard in a decade.

Yes, there's more work to be done. And I have all the trust and belief that our military and intelligence officials will continue doing that work. Just as I'll go on remembering and praying for their speedy and safe success.

As an aside: I'm glad he was buried quickly at sea. Put him out of sight with no grave to mark his existence.

I'm not, if only for the reason that we will surely end up with some sort of tools, with -ers attached to their retard name, that will persist in wasting our time on a useless issue.

As far as I am concerned: they have prided themselves on being more violent than the USA. So why pull punches? We should have put his head on a spike at ground 0, be much more violent, and therefore be everything they are going to lie and accuse us of anyway.

After all, we would have won the image/meme war on the internet with that kind of content. This approach gains us nothing but excuses and let's the Arab machismo off the hook.

Hey, I couldn't give a schit one way or the other. Feel free to put me right back on ignore so I can crush you, and the only way you find out about it is when somebody quotes me. You tools haven't learned that the reason I hit you so hard is so that you will put me on ignore, so I can wail on you, and you have no way to fight back. By all means, put me back on your "list". I find it highly entertaining.

Of course it's right. I have 0 need or interest in mitigating the truth. I just tell it, and to hell with those that don't like it.

No. A full measure of credit goes to Obama. It's a very difficult job making the right call, even with the best actionable intelligence.

Obama made the right call, and he deserves whatever he gets from it. Now, if only you can grow up enough to understand that, given the intel, Bush made the right calls, we might get somewhere useful. Some of Bush's calls were wrong, and he deserved what he got for them. But, not all of them. "The Surge" was right. I am still waiting for a multitude of posters here to admit that Bush, and I, were right about the surge. Probably never happen, but hey, maybe if you put me on ignore again we'll see some more reason rather than emoting.:rolleyes:

You got it. I had almost forgotten how much you love the long public self-fellate. Gurgle, gurgle. Way to turn this thread into a post about your awesomeness. Fantastic work.

Edited by Peace

You got it. I had almost forgotten how much you love the long public self-fellate. Gurgle, gurgle. Way to turn this thread into a post about your awesomeness. Fantastic work.

Oh no, not about my awesomeness in general, only about my significant ability to own you.

Please put me back on ignore, so I can continue to make fun of you sanctimonious, condescending posts in real time as per normal.

Oh no, not about my awesomeness in general, only about my significant ability to own you.

Please put me back on ignore, so I can continue to make fun of you sanctimonious, condescending posts in real time as per normal.

You're both droopy-eyed armless children compared to my sanctimonius, condescending awesomeness.

You're both droopy-eyed armless children compared to my sanctimonius, condescending awesomeness.

Perhaps, but you back your ^&*t up with at least some regularity.

OC is the board's Donte Whitner, celebrating his tackle after giving up 15 yards on 3rd and 14.

Comment or preempt the news to give a speech?

Since he's pretty much just like every other politicians, yes I expect him to milk it for political capital, but I can get much more timely information from listening to the live news.

Regardless of who the President is or what party he is affiliated with, I would expect a press conference. This is the biggest accomplishment in the war on terror. Much credit to our troops, the Obama Administration and the Bush Administration for making this possible.

If any part of the Osama Bin Laden that existed before he became a terrorist, may that part find the peace in death that he failed to find in life. The rest of him can just rot in hell for all of the people he hurt.

The fun part is: if you get shot in the head by anybody, under any circumstance, you will always schit your pants and it only takes a few minutes at the most. So yes, some poor Navy Corpsman had to ride in the helicopter for God knows how long sitting next to a dead Osama who had schit his pants. Honor comes from many points on the battlefield.

Myself, I would have taken the opportunity to stuff his mouth full of it. Just for my own personal knowledge / satisfaction.

Looks like we should have just stuck his head on a pike anyway-

Muslims unhappy with burial

Although there appears to be some room for debate over the burial — as with many issues within the faith — a wide range of senior Islamic scholars interpreted it as a humiliating disregard for the standard Muslim practice of placing the body in a grave with the head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca.

You will never keep these people happy no matter what.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Along with killing Osama, the Seals captured documents at the compound. Don't know what they are but you can bet Osama was still involved with planning attacks.

Another thing you will not read in the media is that the seal team along with the documents captured an Osama body guard/confidant who was injured in the firefight.

Be considerate for the next person, flush when you are done...

Edited by Buftex

Yep. And true to form, Bin Laden used a woman as a human shield.

That part of the story is probably flavored a little. I bet she was more or less collateral damage that got in the way from all the shooting. Or maybe worse she was in the vicinity so the seals decided to cap her too. The US wanted to present a case of no civilians, women or children were killed. It's unrealistic to think that would have done obl any good even trying.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

That part of the story is probably flavored a little. I bet she was more or less collateral damage that got in the way from all the shooting. Or maybe worse she was in the vicinity so the seals decided to cap her too. The US wanted to present a case of no civilians, women or children were killed. It's unrealistic to think that would have done obl any good even trying.

I believe it. It fits the MO of a coward, who sends young men, women, and even children, to blow themselves up in the name of his cause, while he lives in a million-dollar compound.

Good words to live by Adam. Difficult as it is some times. But people lose too much of themselve when they rejoice this kind of thing, basically that's the path obl went down.

Which is a tragedy unto itself. The man was a genius and a charismatic leader. If he hadn't gone down that path, he could have brought so much to the world.