Round 7 (Pick 245): DT Michael Jasper - Bethel (TN)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine this has probably been asked and answered before, but will there be UDFA signing with the lockout?

They are in limbo right now. No UDFA signings can happen until the NFL season officially starts. With the temporary lockout in place, I believe they said that it was only in affect until Monday. Assuming the 8th ring of hell, I mean court, tells them the stay/lockout is reinstated.

BIGshadowMIKE Leslie Mike Jasper

RUNNIN' more RUNNIN' in the AM, then Bethel Softball doubleheader ball out ladies...

Leslie Michael Jasper can do it all!

Great video, Aloha.

Someone mentioned he ran track in high school... I can believe that everyone else would be afraid to finish ahead of him, or else they can just keep on running for the rest of their life.

Seriously, I listened to an internet interview of the kid. Sounds humble, intelligent, well-grounded with good work ethic. Says he plans to pattern himself after Vince Wilfork. Definitely a 3-4 nose. Bills have a history pulling these late-round House Ballard/Jason Peters/Demetrius Bell/Pat Williams/Jeff Wright types. He might not be the best player the Bills took, but he'll be the most interesting to watch without a doubt.

This dudes size is impressive. I know he's 390 and moves well, but I wonder if it would be better for him to stay this heavy or drop 30 lbs?

He already came down from 448 to 390 for his pro day. And looking at the vid, I dunno if he's got 30 pounds of marble to lose.

Edited by Ralonzo

He already came down from 448 to 390 for his pro day. And looking at the vid, I dunno if he's got 30 pounds of marble to lose.

I looked on the school website and they show him as 390 lbs now, and 400 lbs his junior year. When was he 448?? That's just an incredible weight...

NFL.com and the Buffalo Bills Facebook alert both say DT. :blink:

I hear that, but Bethel University's 2010 football roster says he's an OL ..

69Michael JasperSROL6-5390Mt. Juliet, TN

Doesn't say if he played guard or tackle or switched......my word, If they could teach him to play tackle in the NFL.....maybe Fitzbeard could start dialing up Jimmy Johns in the pocket like Brady does

There's a video of him working out at Solus Performance here

If nothing else he ought to bring attitude in the weight room

Edited by Hopeful

Hagg is a DB!

Do you not realize that safeties are defensive backs?

Could be mistaken but I think what he meant was, Hagg in the 7th instead of some of the earlier-round DB picks.

I have no opinion on that one. It sounds like we found an athletic freak project worth taking a late 7th flier on.

Dang weighed 450 !!! :o :o :o

"The Bills final pick of the day was defensive tackle Michael Jasper from tiny Bethel College in Tennessee. His school may be tiny but Jasper isn't. He's 6-4, 375 pounds and that's after shedding some 73 pounds since January." Rochester D&C.

I hear that, but Bethel University's 2010 football roster says he's an OL ..

69Michael JasperSROL6-5390Mt. Juliet, TN

Doesn't say if he played guard or tackle or switched......my word, If they could teach him to play tackle in the NFL.....maybe Fitzbeard could start dialing up Jimmy Johns in the pocket like Brady does

There's a video of him working out at Solus Performance here

If nothing else he ought to bring attitude in the weight room

I listened to an interview with him. He played both OG, OT and DT in college. He was switched back and forth a couple different times, and transferred twice so he attended three different schools. He says he models himself after Vince Wolfolk and I think the Bills plan on making him a NT.