Round 2 (Pick #34): CB Aaron Williams - University of Texas

SDS

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, when you give up 194 yds a game rushing in your division. ITS A BAD IDEA!!!

Buddy just showed he has no more idea how to build a team than his predecessors.

And if they want more quality CBs so they can play more aggressively with their safety?

How profound of you

whatever - if you are a drink the kool-aid fan or work for the Bills, I don't care how much spin you put on it, here is the reality:

Year - W - L

2005 - 5 - 11

2006 - 7 - 9

2007 - 7 - 9

2008 - 7 - 9

2009 - 6 - 10

2010 - 4 - 12

That makes me feel a little better. Of course I hope you mean Pitt picking him with their 1st round pick - rather then pick 63.

Yup, first. One of several articles about it: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/669317-nfl-draft-2011-this-weeks-pittsburgh-steelers-news-rumors-and-predictions/entry/66838-nfl-draft-2011-aaron-williams-visited-with-pittsburgh-steelers-today

Who, one year (so far) wonder Jairus Byrd?

Nate Odomes and (IIRC) Mario Clark.

I love the pick. Great run defender too.

Btw, you anti-CB guys are all nuts. I mean, they drafted two D-linemen in the first three rounds last year, signed Dwan Edwards and Shawn Merriman, and spent their highest pick in 26 years on d-line yesterday.

The way the NFL is played now, you havehavehave to have good cornerbacks. It is imperative. Don't deceive yourselves -- going into 2011, the Bills secondary has the potential to be a sieve. McGee is nearly done, Whitner is gone, and Florence is a FA. Maybe McKelvin improves but beyond him and Byrd (a bad run defender, unlike Aaron WIlliams), they don't have much.

Edited by dave mcbride

I love this pick. Everyone has some misconception that we are deep at DB when the reality is we are paper thin. We can't get off the field on 3rd down, that is as plain as day. With Dareus and Williams, our defense got much much better and with Williams being pretty good in run support, we finally have someone that can finally step into the huge void in the defensive backfield when Winfield left.

There are too many people here on this board that look at the "big" names and overlook the quality football players out there. Get over the "name" players and realize the Bills finally have a front office that look for ball players, not flashy over-hyped name players. If you look at who the Bills have selected the last 2 years, they have generally selected the star player from their respective teams. They aren't only drafting players but drafting leaders too.

With the 2nd pick in the 2nd round the Bills draft......a football player

Williams is a name of power. Aaron, not liking aaron so much recently.

I'm trying to think positive here: Hank AARON. AARON Rodgers.

Help me out guys -- other sports-star or NFL-star AARONs?

Could have sworn there was a guy with that name who played for the Bills a long time ago. Last name of Scrobel or Shnobel or something....

I love the pick, think winfield with size. He will be the nickel his rookie year. Buffalo does not lose whitner and if he leaves Wilson starts. Williams is like dropping a safety in the box to cover the slot. Great run support help.

With the 2nd pick in the 2nd round the Bills draft......a football player

Williams is a name of power. Aaron, not liking aaron so much recently.

I'm trying to think positive here: Hank AARON. AARON Rodgers.

Help me out guys -- other sports-star or NFL-star AARONs?

Moses' brother was named Aaron. ;)

whatever - if you are a drink the kool-aid fan or work for the Bills, I don't care how much spin you put on it, here is the reality:

Year - W - L

2005 - 5 - 11

2006 - 7 - 9

2007 - 7 - 9

2008 - 7 - 9

2009 - 6 - 10

2010 - 4 - 12

What does that have to do with this pick?

Year - W - L

2005 - 5 - 11

2006 - 7 - 9

2007 - 7 - 9

2008 - 7 - 9

2009 - 6 - 10

2010 - 4 - 12

No ****. Im aware of the Bills recent records. Who are you to say this kid won't help them improve? Someone who knows next to nothing about football apparently.

Nate Odomes and (IIRC) Mario Clark.

I love the pick. Great run defender too.

Btw, you anti-CB guys are all nuts. I mean, they drafted two D-linemen in the first three rounds last year, signed Dwan Edwards and Shawn Merriman, and spent their highest pick in 26 years on d-line yesterday.

The way the NFL is played now, you havehavehave to have good cornerbacks. It is imperative. Don't deceive yourselves -- going into 2011, the Bills secondary has the potential to be a sieve. McGee is nearly done, Whitner is gone, and Florence is a FA. Maybe McKelvin improves but beyond him and Byrd (a bad run defender, unlike Aaron WIlliams), they don't have much.

Right on Dave.

Hard to argue with this pick considering the age of McGee, Florence gone, the inconsistency of Mckelvin, etc. This guy had first round grades and will upgrade the team.

This is a PASSING league.

Some of the sadness in this pick is that there a lot do options at LB, DL and OL. I can understand the build the trenches mentality but this pick looks solid. I would like to see a LB added in round 3.

Right on Dave.

Hard to argue with this pick considering the age of McGee, Florence gone, the inconsistency of Mckelvin, etc. This guy had first round grades and will upgrade the team.

This is a PASSING league.

Some of the sadness in this pick is that there a lot do options at LB, DL and OL. I can understand the build the trenches mentality but this pick looks solid. I would like to see a LB added in round 3.

Agreed 100% Bob…also I think TE might enter into the picture at #68. It's a semi-trench position depending upon which TE is taken and a much needed addition to the offense which hasn't been drafted for yet. I'm thinking ILB or TE at #68. I think the Bills feel they are set at OLB for this year.

What does that have to do with this pick?

Apparently LGB is so much smarter than everyone else that his draft strategy is so awesome that it would actually warp time and improve the Bills' record for the past 6 years.

Or not.

Edited by Jon in Pasadena

I love this pick. Everyone has some misconception that we are deep at DB when the reality is we are paper thin. We can't get off the field on 3rd down, that is as plain as day. With Dareus and Williams, our defense got much much better and with Williams being pretty good in run support, we finally have someone that can finally step into the huge void in the defensive backfield when Winfield left.

There are too many people here on this board that look at the "big" names and overlook the quality football players out there. Get over the "name" players and realize the Bills finally have a front office that look for ball players, not flashy over-hyped name players. If you look at who the Bills have selected the last 2 years, they have generally selected the star player from their respective teams. They aren't only drafting players but drafting leaders too.

Whatever, if this staff thinks that the missing link to beating New England on their way to enough wins to compete in the AFC East is to draft a nickel back that will make an immediate impact this year and next, then great. This means that the Bills will improve this year and next to reach above .500 which is what it will take before the next coaching staff comes in and washes, rinses and repeats... :wallbash: (hint: the Bills change coaching staffs every three years...2000-present: no playoffs) :unsure: