Update

Awesome NGU, it’s really appreciated. I guess there has little discussion with other teams about potentially trading dow, as you didn’t mention that. And I doubt you want to divulge anything in regard to the 2nd round QB rumors or trading back into the 1st rumors…. ?

On another note, the only player I would be truly happy with is Dareus. I wouldn’t mind Green that much because I do think he is really good, but I just don’t think WRs are that important of a position when you have no DL no OL and no LB core. Newton is the best QB athlete maybe ever, but mentally I don’t think he has it. I don’t think he will be successful at the end of the day. That said, I admit that Buffalo is prob the best place for him to end up with a year behind Fitz and Gayle’s track record. (does anyone else think that them liking the mobile Newton is more evidence that they were indeed trading up for Tebow last year? I do) We all know my stance on Miller – I just don’t see his pass rush ability translating.

I am really hoping that “Dareus is thereforus”

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be alright with AJ, Evans is getting old and Green is an elite WR. That said I'm more interested in the 2nd round pick and what QB they're likely to take, if any.

If the Bills don't grab Newton at 3 I don't think they take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. I think they totally focus on defense, unless an OT is available they can't pass up.

This year it looks like most of you have it figured out. Newton/Dareus at the top of the board. Unfortunately both will likely be gone as you all know. It looks like Miller or AJ Green.

I know none of this is earth shattering. Last year there were just alot more scenarios.

If anything changes I wil let you know. It has been entertaining watching Miller move up on most expert's boards. I am sure the AJ Green talk will pick up now.

All 4 of these players are studs. You should be happy. Enjoy the draft!

Let's hope Dareus is still there at #3. We need a run stuffer and a pass rusher, but I think stopping the run is the higher priority.

And thanks for checking in NGU!

Edited by DrFishfinder

NGU, thanks for the "vine"...

Anything about Dallas trying to trade up with us for Von Miller? That's the latest rumor I've heard, and frankly, I'd rather stay where we are and take anybody rather than trading down that far.

Thanks for the news. At least they aren't wasting a pick on a defensive back. Two questions if I may.....

1) How do you personally feel about Miller in terms of what he can contribute to this team?

2) What is your take on Ryan Mallett?

Thanks again. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Miller will make plays immediately. Can't lose if you end up with Miller or Dareus.

I don't think Mallet is an option unless he falls deep into the draft. Too many off the field issues.

NGU, thanks for the "vine"...

Anything about Dallas trying to trade up with us for Von Miller? That's the latest rumor I've heard, and frankly, I'd rather stay where we are and take anybody rather than trading down that far.

Cannot validate that. They would have to make a very aggressive offer.

If Newton and Miller go 1 and 2 then I want Dareus or Fairley

If Newton and Dareus go 1 and 2 then I want Fairley or Miller

If Dareus and Miller go 1 and 2 I want Fairley

If Newton slides out of 1 and 2 I want Dareus, Fairley or Miller in that order

If we get Newton or Gabbert I will accept it and hope for the best, as well as hope they nail the rest of their picks.

I still think DaQuan Bowers will be a force in the NFL even though he fell down the boards.

Wide Receivers in the top ten have historically been the lowest value\return for your pick (according to www.drafthistory.com, if memory serves me right)

Two more days!

A couple of comments:

1. Thank you. I always appreciate your posts.

2. I hope the other teams don't read this, but it is not exactly earth shattering -- except that I had a hard time believing that Newton was at the top of our board.

3. Newton (although he might end up being great) scares the hell out of me. If they do pick him, I hope that he is Manning as opposed to Leaf or Jamarcus Newton.

4. Go Bills!!!

...and where does Schefter fall on the reliability meter....#10 with the rest of the ESPN Insiders? If it is #10, should we care what he says?

Schefter used to be the Cabbie driver in Denver before his gig on ESPN...

Edited by garchat80

Thanks for taking the time nevergiveup.

Im a bit surprised to see green in the mix, but of all the players in the draft, I think he has the highest floor. I can't see this guy busting in the least. While I like our receivers, adding Green would solidify them as some of the leagues best and deepest corps. It would give our offense weapons all over the field and could help Fitz become, dare I say, a great qb. Green is one of those guys that you just need to throw the ball near him, and he's gonna come down with it. Given Fitzs sometimes erratic throws, throw it greens way on 3rd, and more often than not, it'll be a first down. I wouldn't be upset if we took him, at least we know we're getting a bonafide #1 WR.

I've been an advocate for taking newton if chan wants him, but I'm starting to feel like we're better off if Carolina takes him and we end up with dareus, miller or green. I wouldn't cry if we drafted cam, but Dareus, miller and Green will all be solid pros, at the very least. Not so sure about cam. Definite boom or bust guy.

Thanks NGU! Do you think Newton should really be that high up on the Bills board? I mean seriously, the bust potential is large. I'm surprised that some of the other highly touted D line men aren't in their top choices.

When NGU speaks, it pays to listen. When we get to pick, Miller and Green wil be the BPA and difference makers. I'm hoping it's Miller. My fear of his "Maybin" like size have been somewhat allayed by watching tape and his broader work history. He's about Clay Matthews' size and if he has half the impact of Matthews, we got a great player in a position of true need. We can pick up some DL stuffers in the next few rounds. It's a deep draft. Thanks NGU!!!