Update

Harvey. Not advocating a Newton pick. However you can add all of those QB's listed together and they dont have Newtons athletic ability. Doesn't mean he will be a great QB, but that is why he is so intruiging.

While I wholehearted agree with you that Newton has some awesome physical ability, all those plays he made in college were against....well, college kids.... at 6'5'' 250 lbs he was bigger, stronger, faster them most of those he played against, that won't be the case in the NFL.

The guy only played one season at Auburn, Maybin like scary- He has a very shady past with some talk about cheating on exam papers, IQ scary-He never called plays or ran plays from a huddle at Auburn, and in fact did more running then throwing-huge learning curve scary

While Cam Newton may or may not eventually develop into a franchise QB, in all reality he is rated by most draft analysts as a mid first round pick and not a top 5 player. Only a team desperate for a QB would even think about drafting him in the top 5 IMO. Plus they would need to revamp the entire offense into a simplistic wildcat / pistol style if they want to utilize him his first year.

Stating that last part I can understand how this kid could easily be HC Chan Gaileys dream QB to develop. I just think the poor man is over tasked as it is just being the HC without adding a bigger load to what he already needs to deal with, setting up the offensive game plans, calling plays and basically running the entire offense himself. What made Marv levy so successful as a HC in Buffalo was his ability to hire great assistants to run the offense and defense, more particularly OC Ted Marchibroba, who trained Jim Kelly to call his own plays and built that no huddle / k-gun offense, Levy was a special teams guy.

I was not a big fitz fan at first but the guy won me over with his play against some very good playoff teams last season and I believe Chan Gailey when he states he can win with Fitz. This Buffalo Bills franchise has been in dire need of a better defense for years as I have come to loath the Tampa 2 defense under Jauron, and its inability to stop the run.

If this Buffalo Bills team is desperate for something its a run defender-pass rusher- and some O line help as Fitz can't continue to run for his life forever. My dream scenario is Darius or Miller- Peterson or AJ Green and a ROT or TE kyle Rudolf in the 2nd

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dareus gets picked 1 or 2, you're going to be very disappointed.

Not only do you deliver with great info, but you have great troll radar as well. Dre is one of a several trolls we have here at tsw.

Thanks NewEra. Love your hats.

btw....schefter is reporting that denver will take von miller

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#14 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- kelly blue book

#4- farmers almanac

#5- nostradamus

#6- TMZ

#7- punxsutawney phil

#8- weatherman

#9- economist

#10- ESPN Insiders

#11- psychic

#12- momma pecoraro

#13- Thurman Thomas

#14- Skooby and sources deep within

KBB is weak...you should drop that down behind the F.A. and 'damus.

Unlike most here, I'd be pretty pumped about getting Newton. Thought he came across as phony on the Gruden special, but the best players aren't usually the best guys. There's enough people doubting him out there and if he falls to #3 at this point, I think he'd have a nice chip on his shoulder.

ESPN bottom line is reporting that Steve Smith from Carolina cleaned out his locker and luxury suite (huh?) before the lock out and demanded a trade. maybe an indication they lean Green? Could mean Newton for us.

Unlike most here, I'd be pretty pumped about getting Newton. Thought he came across as phony on the Gruden special, but the best players aren't usually the best guys. There's enough people doubting him out there and if he falls to #3 at this point, I think he'd have a nice chip on his shoulder.

If he comes across as phony in an interview hows he going to look to the men hes supposed to be leading?

While I wholehearted agree with you that Newton has some awesome physical ability, all those plays he made in college were against....well, college kids.... at 6'5'' 250 lbs he was bigger, stronger, faster them most of those he played against, that won't be the case in the NFL.

The guy only played one season at Auburn, Maybin like scary- He has a very shady past with some talk about cheating on exam papers, IQ scary-He never called plays or ran plays from a huddle at Auburn, and in fact did more running then throwing-huge learning curve scary

While Cam Newton may or may not eventually develop into a franchise QB, in all reality he is rated by most draft analysts as a mid first round pick and not a top 5 player. Only a team desperate for a QB would even think about drafting him in the top 5 IMO. Plus they would need to revamp the entire offense into a simplistic wildcat / pistol style if they want to utilize him his first year.

Stating that last part I can understand how this kid could easily be HC Chan Gaileys dream QB to develop. I just think the poor man is over tasked as it is just being the HC without adding a bigger load to what he already needs to deal with, setting up the offensive game plans, calling plays and basically running the entire offense himself. What made Marv levy so successful as a HC in Buffalo was his ability to hire great assistants to run the offense and defense, more particularly OC Ted Marchibroba, who trained Jim Kelly to call his own plays and built that no huddle / k-gun offense, Levy was a special teams guy.

I was not a big fitz fan at first but the guy won me over with his play against some very good playoff teams last season and I believe Chan Gailey when he states he can win with Fitz. This Buffalo Bills franchise has been in dire need of a better defense for years as I have come to loath the Tampa 2 defense under Jauron, and its inability to stop the run.

If this Buffalo Bills team is desperate for something its a run defender-pass rusher- and some O line help as Fitz can't continue to run for his life forever. My dream scenario is Darius or Miller- Peterson or AJ Green and a ROT or TE kyle Rudolf in the 2nd

Harvey. I agree with your assertions and I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. There has just never been a QB with his size, speed and athleticism. There really are no good comparisons to this player. Probably won't matter because he likely wont be there. Dareus or Miller will be good picks and safer. I would say though, if Buddy likes him, there must be something there.

If he comes across as phony in an interview hows he going to look to the men hes supposed to be leading?

I don't know. We should ask his teammates from 2 consecutive national championship teams.

Edited by Maddog69

Harvey. I agree with your assertions and I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. There has just never been a QB with his size, speed and athleticism. There really are no good comparisons to this player. Probably won't matter because he likely wont be there. Dareus or Miller will be good picks and safer. I would say though, if Buddy likes him, there must be something there.

Considering what Chan was able to do with Kordell Stewart, I would love to see how far he could take Newton.

Cap. All the concerns about Newton might be accurate. But believe me, sometimes the cons are the ones that come across great in the interviews.

Worked out pretty well for Jimbo, who by the way I loved as our QB. Most of the guys in NFL locker-rooms are basically paid mercenaries. As long as he is driven to be the best, personality faults can be over-come.

Guest three3

I don't know. We should ask his teammates from 2 ocnsecutive national championship teams.

they've trashed him too. one example: he took one of their xbox's (ya know, cuz he can..he is cam newton, he gets what he wants no matter what the rules are) and now that teammate is talking. nawrocki got some of his info from the auburn teammates/coaches etc.

they've trashed him too. one example: he took one of their xbox's (ya know, cuz he can..he is cam newton, he gets what he wants no matter what the rules are) and now that teammate is talking. nawrocki got some of his info from the auburn teammates/coaches etc.

That is probably true 3. But I would trade an Xbox for an National Championship ring.

Guest three3

That is probably true 3. But I would trade an Xbox for an National Championship ring.

the example is indicative of his behavior. what is the best way to predict future behavior? examine and analyze past behaviors. he took that xbox just like he took the bribes to attend colleges just like he took the women's you know whats at the recruiting parties thrown by auburn alums. cam is selfish, greedy and a liar.