We will finally beat New England but...........

ALLEN1QB

We will finally beat New England this year but only because they will have everything locked up and nothing to play for in week 17. Lets hope it does not cost us the 1st pick and Luck!!!!!!!!!!

That didn't work out so great last game of the season in 2010...I was there...one of the most miserable games I have been to.

That didn't work out so great last game of the season in 2010...I was there...one of the most miserable games I have been to.

Worst game I've ever been to. Patriots really didn't have much to play for and they still beat us by 30

Look on the bright side: in part because of that miserable game, the Bills are now picking third overall. That makes draft day much nicer to look forward to! :) Now let's hope they use the third overall pick on a player who lives up to his draft status!

NE 2nd and 3rd string > than our 1st String.

Wishful thinking Brah.

Not all, but many Bills fans seem to be against having good 2nd and 3rd stringers. Just because someone likes a starter they seem to be against getting talent at that same position as if ANY position on this team is loaded. It seems that fans like to discount how many starters seem to go on IR every year. As I recall everyone talked about our "3 headed monster" of a RB corpse, yet 2 of them were injured to start the season. Go figure.

im optimistic every year this time. i want the bills to win and win big.

I'm usually with you. I find I like the off-season better. We don't lose any games!

However, since tim graham reported that the Bills passed on Marty Schottenheimer because Ralph wasn't 'comfortable' with him and then they hired Chan Gailey, I've sort of been in the "things won't get better until the owner changes" school.

I mean what are we looking at next year, 6-10?

Not all, but many Bills fans seem to be against having good 2nd and 3rd stringers. Just because someone likes a starter they seem to be against getting talent at that same position as if ANY position on this team is loaded. It seems that fans like to discount how many starters seem to go on IR every year. As I recall everyone talked about our "3 headed monster" of a RB corpse, yet 2 of them were injured to start the season. Go figure.

I'm all for - completely support the concept of depth behind starters. While we always seem to be bitten by the injury bug often and early every season, our 2nd string usually steps up. We just don't have Stars on our first string - very common opinion across the NFL. If we can't draft/Sign stars to our 1st string - what makes you think we can actually develop a 2nd and 3rd string to the extent that NE does? Even the JETS do better - after all, it was their 2nd/3rd string that beat the crap out of us and the end of last season.

I'm tired of being in a rebuilding mode. We've been there for 10 years. I want progress, I want a good draft, I want players I can believe in and cheer, and I want to hold my head high again as a Bills Fan. I'm tired of other fans feeling sorry for me yet bewildered at my tenacious and persistent support of Buffalo. I read that nobody even wanted to interview for the Head Coaching job last January, 2 people actually turned down the interview. Chan seems to be doing fine, and as usual I'm willing to give him my support and see how he does. Can He and Nix be savvy and take us to the next level? Only time will tell. In the meanwhile, Fitz and crew played some exciting games last year - Buffalo still has heart.

My Bills Tattoo is fading, it's old like me. I have vowed not to get it re-inked until the Bills can show me that they know how to win again - I'm superstitious that way.

Couldn't have described it better myself! :lol:

We will finally beat New England this year but only because they will have everything locked up and nothing to play for in week 17. Lets hope it does not cost us the 1st pick and Luck!!!!!!!!!!

How about this scenario? By letting the Bills win the last game the Jets get knocked out of the playoffs. What do you think Belichick would do?

PTR

There were a number of arguments against the Bills taking Spiller. (And specifically against using such a high draft pick on him.)

• Having Spiller on the field meant that two other talented RBs (Lynch and Jackson) would have to sit on the bench for every play Spiller was on the field.
  • The careers for RBs are typically short. The Bills' short-term prospects aren't very inspiring either with or without Spiller, so they should be focused on gearing up for the long run.
  • According to a statistical analysis published in The New York Times, an improvement in your passing game creates four times as much benefit as an equal improvement in your running game.
  • With running backs like Lynch and Jackson, the Bills' running game would do well on plays when the OL blocks well; and would do considerably less well on plays when it doesn't. Adding Spiller to the mix does not change that basic equation.
  • For Spiller to justify his draft selection, he'd have to be a Thurman Thomas-like addition to the passing game as a receiver, as a blocker against blitzers, and Thurman-like on draw plays. Spiller's career also needs to have Thurman-like longevity. Thus far Spiller has shown no indication of being Thurman-like in the passing game, though it's possible that will change.
  • Over the past 10 - 15 years, the Bills have considerably over-valued the RB and DB positions, while neglecting other, more crucial positions. While Nix cannot be blamed for the shortsightedness of TD or of Marv, the Spiller pick initially seems like more of the same.
  • Spiller has also been touted as a punt and kick returner. In my opinion, that's the absolute last thing this team should be looking to add, especially with an early pick! If you don't have a returner, there's value in adding one. But if you have ten returners, the value of adding an eleventh is dubious at best.

The message here is not that depth is bad, or that depth at RB is bad. If (for example) the Bills had 30 first round picks over the next two years, not even Bill from NYC would object to using one of those thirty first round picks on a running back. The problem is that the Bills have very few first round picks, which makes each of those picks precious. This is especially true of a top-ten pick. A first round pick needs to do more than create additional depth.

A team like the Bills should have a core of very good/elite players--players without whom the team would be a shell of its usual self. To be considered successful, a first round pick should be part of this core. How do you know if a player is part of the core or not? Ask yourself whether, if he were to go down with an injury, it would significantly affect the game plan. If the answer to that question is "no," then, unless that player has a really good backup, he's not part of the core.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

They will want to keep the streak alive . Bellecheat with his keep your foot on their throat mentality & Brady's competitive nature will want to keep the Bills in there funk. The only way we win is if we earn it !!