Anyone else getting turned off by the lockout?

I guess i should clarify a bit. I'm annoyed because all this time our players our locked out we cant learn the playbook, practice, and overall just get better. That hurts our incoming rookies and second year players especially. Frankly I'm worried that any progress that was made last season is slipping away the longer this drags out. To me it looks like two spoiled kids fighting over a piece of pie.

Fitz should be able to practice with his receivers but can't

Dave Wandstadt should be able to teach the LBs and get his stamp on the defense but cant

Chan could be working with spiller but cant

Our team could be getting better but cant. Thats frustrating and annoying to me and is turning me off to the league a bit

Fitz knows the playbook. He can practice with any receivers he wants to, at any time.

Chan couldn't work with Spiller last year either. No delta.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt think this would happen for me because I love football so much but the longer this lockout has gone on, the more the NFL just doesnt matter to me.

Fighting over money? I mean i understand both sides have to protect their intrests but they are gonna lose what drives that money if they dont work something out and soon.

Am I alone here?

I guess you don't love football as much as you thought you did. :thumbdown:

I am usually pretty 'turned off' at this point anyways so its tough to gauge. The draft will be a nice test, because I usually watch a good chunk of the draft coverage.

But then I turn myself off again until I realize that Training Camp is starting in a couple days.

Im not too angry about the lockout I guess. The Sabres are occupying about 95% of my sports attention. Cleveland Indians winning 8 in a row is taking up the other 5%

I guess if its the 1st or second week of september and Im not buying tailgate supplies Ill be a bit P-O'd

Edited by May Day 10

I thought I'd be a lot more excited with having the third pick in the draft. I was really into for a few months, but now I'm just sick of it......If free agency had started when it was supposed to then we'd be getting back into the draft now after that excitement, but all draft all the time for months on end is driving me crazy.

I think the lockout will drive away some fair weathered fans, but the majority will be salivating like pavlov's dog waiting for the season to get going. I hate it and consider both groups to be culpable, but hell, nobody is making tough decisions or compromising these days. Except congress of course! I am so glad they have worked so hard to finally pass a budget that doesn't spend more than it brings in.......wait a minute......oh, sorry, that was my wife reining in our budget. Whew, thank God, I was heading outside to watch pigs fly.

The fans need to let owners like Jerry Jones , Daniel Snyder & all those other jerks that voted for the last CBA that they aren't really who's in charge . But until it is a collective effort by all of the fans the game of football as we know it is going to turn into baseball , where just a few teams have the money to compete and to hell with the teams like our Bills .

That's what's driving this whole thing greed on both sides , the fans need to make them realize what real life is all about what it's like to work a real job for real money not this fairey tale they live in . For God sake it's a game & they make millions !! REALITY CHECK PLEASE !!

Multi Millionaires :devil: arguing with millionaires :bag: over who's not making enough money :cry: !! That is what this CBA thing is mostly all about right ??

I wish we the fans could have them work our jobs for a while , owners as well as players. Not just a day or 2, but like a couple of months or more so they could realize just how great it is to be PLAYING A GAME FOR A LIVING & MAKING MILLIONS WHILE DOING IT !!

Sure it's hard work to be the best & there is a lot of risk with what they do , but COME ON MAN !! :doh:

I think they have all lost sight of where they came from & where they could be & what they could be doing . :wallbash:

I hope some common sense is interjected into this thing pretty soon cause i don't know about you all but i'm getting tired of it :sick: & after the draft is done it will be all arguing all the time , no football stuff what so ever , and that sucks !!!

I didnt think this would happen for me because I love football so much but the longer this lockout has gone on, the more the NFL just doesnt matter to me.

Fighting over money? I mean i understand both sides have to protect their intrests but they are gonna lose what drives that money if they dont work something out and soon.

Am I alone here?

don't care, wake me up when it's over.

The fans need to let owners like Jerry Jones , Daniel Snyder & all those other jerks that voted for the last CBA that they aren't really who's in charge . But until it is a collective effort by all of the fans the game of football as we know it is going to turn into baseball , where just a few teams have the money to compete and to hell with the teams like our Bills .

That's what's driving this whole thing greed on both sides , the fans need to make them realize what real life is all about what it's like to work a real job for real money not this fairey tale they live in . For God sake it's a game & they make millions !! REALITY CHECK PLEASE !!

Why does your anger seem to be aimed only at the owners?

The players are just as greedy.

don't forget the 'too big to fail' security. Were the NFL to crash, there would certainly be a bailout. It's too big too fail.

I don't want it to fail completely, but I am hoping for a "black friday" type market correction.

In my opinion that would be well worth missing a season for.

If I conditioned my love of football on the players and owners being respectable, forthright, generous people who put the fans first and themselves second, I would have given up on the NFL years and years ago. But I didn't expect anything different (we knew this was coming for at least three years, after all) and I'm not losing any illusions.

To some extent, the NFL should probably get credit for arranging the labor deal to sacrifice the offseason first, and the games second. The NHL lockout began after a completed offseason, giving fans trades, the draft, and free agency then snatching away the season itself. The MLB strike *interrupted* a season already in progress. For the moment, this is the most painless work stoppage in recent sports memory; when they actually cost us games, we can worry about that then.