Anyone else getting turned off by the lockout?

....I wish we the fans could have them work our jobs for a while , owners as well as players. Not just a day or 2, but like a couple of months or more so they could realize just how great it is to be PLAYING A GAME FOR A LIVING & MAKING MILLIONS WHILE DOING IT !!...

Of course you are 100% right. However, how many individuals or even groups do you know personally that can afford to own an NFL franchise? I mean someone or at least someone who is part of the group of an NFL team, that you know on a first name basis? I would venture to guess.....NONE, right? Yeah, me either. And out of an average Bills sell out of 73,000 fans not sitting in luxury suites, I would wager that not a single one of those regular fans knows one on a first name basis either!

Secondly, there must be at least 5,000 or more college football players every year eligible to be drafted into the NFL. Out of that number, about 270 get drafted, and perhaps another 75 to 100 get signed as un-drafted rookie free agents. Out of that number of rookies on NFL rosters, perhaps 100 of them actually play the average 4 years in the NFL....perhaps even less then that?

These people you refer to as needing reality checks really don't need them. They are in the half of one half of one percent of the rest of us out here, and they know it. You can never change their way of looking at their lives. The only thing we fans can do to change this insanity is to stop attending the games, and even more importantly, stop purchasing the products the TV networks advertise during the NFL games, allowing them to pay the owners billions of dollars.

And since that's never going to happen, I suggest chill out and don't worry about it. The billionaires and millionaires will take the golden goose out of the oven before they kill it completely. Even they are not that stupid! :doh::w00t:

Multi Millionaires :devil: arguing with millionaires :bag: over who's not making enough money :cry: !! That is what this CBA thing is mostly all about right ??

I wish we the fans could have them work our jobs for a while , owners as well as players. Not just a day or 2, but like a couple of months or more so they could realize just how great it is to be PLAYING A GAME FOR A LIVING & MAKING MILLIONS WHILE DOING IT !!

Sure it's hard work to be the best & there is a lot of risk with what they do , but COME ON MAN !! :doh:

I think they have all lost sight of where they came from & where they could be & what they could be doing . :wallbash:

I hope some common sense is interjected into this thing pretty soon cause i don't know about you all but i'm getting tired of it :sick: & after the draft is done it will be all arguing all the time , no football stuff what so ever , and that sucks !!!

I guess I missed the part where you are affected by this impasse. In the court of public opinion, everyone is overpaid anyways. Being that it is a global market place, I say let's tap into the illegal workforce in this country and start a league of the poorest people we can find. If they refuse to play for what they are offered, then we grab a pickup truck and go get some new players on the corner. Who is with me? Since I am an iron worker, I can say that I would prefer that these people did not attempt to do my job. Once you've seen one person fall to their death, you never want to see that again. Besides, I get paid WAY to much anyhow! Just ask someone who has a desk job.