I HATE BASEBALL

Big Buffalo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also hate baseball. I try to watch sometimes, just don't like it. I played it when I was young. I know about it in enough detail to appreciate it. Just don't like it. No football next fall would be a disaster. I will say I always enjoy being AT the baseball games though. Where as if I'm completely honest I like football more on tv (but I also like being at football so I like both w/ football).

I also hate baseball. I try to watch sometimes, just don't like it. I played it when I was young. I know about it in enough detail to appreciate it. Just don't like it. No football next fall would be a disaster. I will say I always enjoy being AT the baseball games though. Where as if I'm completely honest I like football more on tv (but I also like being at football so I like both w/ football).

You will still have college football if the CBA does not get fixed. I like the NFL but I would much prefer the college game. I like Baseball too. It has to be taken for what it is though. I mean they play every night so do I sit down & watch a game start to finish night in and night out? Of course not. But I do like having the game on tv on a saturday afternoon in the summer, doing yard work/hanging by the pool with a cooler of beer or playing wiffle ball with my son in the backyard & periodically checking out the scores. I also failed to mention that I am kind of a degenerate gambler & I like betting on baseball so that makes it more interesting also, although I could say the same thing about the NFL. Some of the NFL games are downright unwatchable if you do not have a little coin on them. I do not know how the non gambling public does it.

Edited by Gordio

You will still have college football if the CBA does not get fixed. I like the NFL but I would much prefer the college game. I like Baseball too. It has to be taken for what it is though. I mean they play every night so do I sit down & watch a game start to finish night in and night out? Of course not. But I do like having the game on tv on a saturday afternoon in the summer, doing yard work/hanging by the pool with a cooler of beer or playing wiffle ball with my son in the backyard & periodically checking out the scores. I also failed to mention that I am kind of a degenerate gambler & I like betting on baseball so that makes it more interesting also, although I could say the same thing about the NFL. Some of the NFL games are downright unwatchable if you do not have a little coin on them. I do not know how the non gambling public does it.

Yeah I can see the background deal. Kind of like golf. Only when a good golf tourney is on golf is even better than baseball. Certainly w/ the majors.

Edited by dayman

Yeah I can see the background deal. Kind of like golf. Only when a good golf tourney is on golf is even better than baseball. Certainly w/ the majors.

Exactly, I am not going to watch the Masters from start to finish but I always have it on in the background & when it gets good I will sit down & it give it my full attention.

I love baseball. It's the soundtrack of my summer.....No other sport translates as well to the radio, and I can go about my business and still listen to the game. It really works for my schedule.

WOW......baseball is starting. Who gives a ****!!! Baseball takes up way to much time and is boring as hell.

162 games. What a !@#$ing joke.

CBA better get fixed.

Yes and to sit through 3 hours for 11 minutes of action that actually has anything to do with the outcome of the game is a blast. :rolleyes:

I'm really beginning to hate football for that particular reason.

I love baseball. It's the soundtrack of my summer.....No other sport translates as well to the radio, and I can go about my business and still listen to the game. It really works for my schedule.

I guess I may try to get into baseball yet again this summer. What I would give to be able to have meaningful sports in the summer.

I guess I may try to get into baseball yet again this summer. What I would give to be able to have meaningful sports in the summer.

Like you said, it's a background thing that works. Hockey is a great sport, but I have to watch it to enjoy it. I can't have it on in the background. Baseball you can be working, relaxing by the pool, anything, and you still know the situation. It's great following along all summer like that.

It helps that I'm a Yankee fan, because every game is on WECK. I do listen online a lot, too, but you have to pay a little to do that.

I do love golf's majors, too. I've been to a few and they are really excellent events. Very unique.

Like you said, it's a background thing that works. Hockey is a great sport, but I have to watch it to enjoy it. I can't have it on in the background. Baseball you can be working, relaxing by the pool, anything, and you still know the situation. It's great following along all summer like that.

It helps that I'm a Yankee fan, because every game is on WECK. I do listen online a lot, too, but you have to pay a little to do that.

I do love golf's majors, too. I've been to a few and they are really excellent events. Very unique.

I am with you...I love everything about baseball, except the game itself...unless I am seeing a game live. I actually like to have it on, in the background, on the radio...but I rarely sit and just watch a game on tv, as I do with the NFL, NHL and NBA.

Incidentally, I am going to be in Seattle next week, my first time there. Was thinking of taking my nephew to an Indians/Mariners game on Friday....anyone ever been to a game at Safeco? Is it a good ballpark?

I love baseball! Jazz, National Parks, our Constitution, and Baseball are America's gifts to the world

I think there are only three things that America will be known for 2,000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. - Gerald Early

I'm going to assume you're channeling and not plagiarizing. :)

Here's my favorite baseball-related quote:

Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection. - Red Smith

I could go on and on about the differences between baseball and football but I would get all condescending and Carlin-ish, and no one needs that.

WOW......baseball is starting. Who gives a ****!!! Baseball takes up way to much time and is boring as hell.

162 games. What a !@#$ing joke.

CBA better get fixed.

there is always the cricket ticket on directv.

oops that is kinda like baseball too.

college football???? which team outta the 6062 teams should i choose? screw that!

they are bearable for me. a lot of them actually. i watch 3 freaking games every sunday! (minus commercials of course)

I am with you...I love everything about baseball, except the game itself...unless I am seeing a game live. I actually like to have it on, in the background, on the radio...but I rarely sit and just watch a game on tv, as I do with the NFL, NHL and NBA.

Incidentally, I am going to be in Seattle next week, my first time there. Was thinking of taking my nephew to an Indians/Mariners game on Friday....anyone ever been to a game at Safeco? Is it a good ballpark?

live games are fun.

what happened??? i used to like the sport even on the tv. how come i cant tolerate it on the tube?

I'm going to assume you're channeling and not plagiarizing. :)

at least pete added national parks?????????

Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection. - Red Smith

That is so true. You play the ball right and you just get the runner every time.

Baseball - America's pastime.

It's a great way to pass time - if you've got nothing to do and want to waste a few hours.

its also good for taking naps.

damn baseball is boring as hell on the tv

golf too

tennis too

nascar too

wrestling too

bowling too

poker too

rodeo too

winter sports too

horse racing too

running too

swimming too

fencing too

come to think of it i only like football and soccer FOR SPORTS.

golf too

tennis too

nascar too

wrestling too

bowling too

poker too

rodeo too

winter sports too

horse racing too

running too

swimming too

fencing too

I think they are more exciting to watch if you've played or like the sport. I used to think tennis was boring to watch before I learned to play but now I love to watch it. Cause you know the mental part of the game and you can kinda guess what kind of play they will do next. I dunno... But I'd rather be out playing it of course!

I think they are more exciting to watch if you've played or like the sport. I used to think tennis was boring to watch before I learned to play but now I love to watch it. Cause you know the mental part of the game and you can kinda guess what kind of play they will do next. I dunno... But I'd rather be out playing it of course!

all the sports i named i like to play live. not so much to watch.

is sex a sport? i like that on the tv and live.

golf too

tennis too

nascar too

wrestling too :thumbsup:

bowling too

poker too :thumbsup:

rodeo too :thumbsup:

winter sports too

horse racing too

running too

swimming too

fencing too

:thumbsup: All have to do with sex.

I totally agree- I could never understand how people watched golf on TV until I started playing myself. I'm not watching every tournament, but now I can sit there and watch the Sunday of a major tournament. (And for the record, I love watching baseball)

I agree. Baseball would be way better if there were only 50± games a season.

I agree. With football, one loss can severly alter your season. With baseball, one loss in the middle of the season doesn't matter so much with 100+ other games.

golf too

tennis too

nascar too

wrestling too

bowling too

poker too

rodeo too

winter sports too

horse racing too

running too

swimming too

fencing too

I love people that like football on TV and hate baseball. So in football there is typically only 11 or 12 minutes of action. I guess for some people watching a bunch of guys standing around for 45-50 minutes listening to inane chatter of two guys (sometimes three) in the booth is exciting. Not me.

I love people that like football on TV and hate baseball. So in football there is typically only 11 or 12 minutes of action. I guess for some people watching a bunch of guys standing around for 45-50 minutes listening to inane chatter of two guys (sometimes three) in the booth is exciting. Not me.

So then why do you have 16,000+ posts on a message board centered around a football team?

So then why do you have 16,000+ posts on a message board centered around a football team?

What does posting on a message board have to do with football.? You do realize that most of the boards on this site have zero to do with football don't you? Kind of like the one you're posting in now. <_<

I agree. With football, one loss can severly alter your season. With baseball, one loss in the middle of the season doesn't matter so much with 100+ other games.

I used to think that way, but now that I'm really hooked on baseball and really follow it, every one of those 162 games seems important! It is so cool having a game every single day/night.

I used to think that way, but now that I'm really hooked on baseball and really follow it, every one of those 162 games seems important! It is so cool having a game every single day/night.

And there's a lot less pressure as a fan. With football you feel you team has to win every game. Baseball no such stress. They lose? Who cares they're playing again tomorrow.

golf too

tennis too

nascar too

wrestling too

bowling too

poker too

rodeo too

winter sports too

horse racing too

running too

swimming too

fencing too

So baseball is boring, but you enjoy a bunch of grown men (who can't keep time) run around for a couple of hours and score 1 time every 3 games, while they flop and whine like giant crybabies if someone comes within 3 feet of them?

At least baseball requires skill. Soccer is for those too uncoordinated to use their hands in real sports.