Pegula has "started ball rolling on Bills purchase"

Beerball

This from the ever trusted sports writer; "Ben.", of that world famous sports media giant's web site; "Fansided".

In Ben's blog....er...."article", he mentions; "...While a timetable cannot be released at this time,"

Oh really? Gee, could that be because Ralph Wilson is still alive???

Either people think that Ralph Wilson is the world's biggest liar, or they don't understand the english language.

Ralph used english because I don't understand any other languages when he told everyone that he would not sell

the Buffalo Bills while he was living. So, after hearing that, I understood this: that Ralph Wilson would not

sell the Bills himself, personally, to any group or individual. Because, as I continued to reason this out, he

would be dead before the team would even go up for sale. Ralph said it, I understood it, and I believe him.

But I digress. Ben the pro blogger from Fansided goes on to say Pagula has started the ball rolling towards buying

the Bills. What is Terry doing, putting out a contract to whack Ralph? Because if the Bills are not for sale,

and Wilson won't sell them until he's dead, why would he bring Terry Pagula or anyone else in for meetings to

"get the ball rolling" on anything? I'm sure Ralph's heirs and team management will have all the financial info

ready to roll out after Wilson passes. None of them want to own the team then anyway. How would it benefit

Wilson to bring anyone in now, while he's alive and still the owner, to start showing "prospective" buyers inside

information about the financials of the team ahead of time? It would not benefit him or his family one single bit.

Until Wilson announces that he has changed his mind and is indeed willing to sell the Bills while he's still on this

side of the grass, Ben the blogger and anyone else who says someone is "getting the ball rolling" on buying the

Buffalo Bills are the liars!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This from the ever trusted sports writer; "Ben.", of that world famous sports media giant's web site; "Fansided".

In Ben's blog....er...."article", he mentions; "...While a timetable cannot be released at this time,"

Oh really? Gee, could that be because Ralph Wilson is still alive???

Either people think that Ralph Wilson is the world's biggest liar, or they don't understand the english language.

Ralph used english because I don't understand any other languages when he told everyone that he would not sell

the Buffalo Bills while he was living. So, after hearing that, I understood this: that Ralph Wilson would not

sell the Bills himself, personally, to any group or individual. Because, as I continued to reason this out, he

would be dead before the team would even go up for sale. Ralph said it, I understood it, and I believe him.

But I digress. Ben the pro blogger from Fansided goes on to say Pagula has started the ball rolling towards buying

the Bills. What is Terry doing, putting out a contract to whack Ralph? Because if the Bills are not for sale,

and Wilson won't sell them until he's dead, why would he bring Terry Pagula or anyone else in for meetings to

"get the ball rolling" on anything? I'm sure Ralph's heirs and team management will have all the financial info

ready to roll out after Wilson passes. None of them want to own the team then anyway. How would it benefit

Wilson to bring anyone in now, while he's alive and still the owner, to start showing "prospective" buyers inside

information about the financials of the team ahead of time? It would not benefit him or his family one single bit.

Until Wilson announces that he has changed his mind and is indeed willing to sell the Bills while he's still on this

side of the grass, Ben the blogger and anyone else who says someone is "getting the ball rolling" on buying the

Buffalo Bills are the liars!

Well, it is possible that Mr Wilson isn't being completely up-front either...if he is the shrewd businessmen that his many defenders purport him to be, wouldn't it only make sense that he would listen to some offers? He isn't stupid, and he knows there isn't a whole bunch more years...it seems his concerns are as much about leaving a financial legacy for his heirs, as much as it is keeping the Bills in Buffalo. I have no doubt, he would prefer both...but when push comes to shove, those two goals may work against eachother.

Just for arguments sake, Mr Wilson's statement that he would not sell the Bills before he dies could merely be a ruse, to discourage repoters/media types from asking him, or his employees about the situation...just sayin' It is kind of naive to think that he might not be talking to people about the future...just not us.

btw- when has Ben ever been proven wrong? :P

Edited by Buftex

0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:)

I hate to be a buzz kill, because this would be great, but the NFL would not allow it, as I understand it. This is what the hold up is with Jeremy Jacobs (link: http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2007/07/02/story2.html). I think something run by Golisano, Danny Wegman, or the hall of fame ownership group (Kelly, Talley, Tasker, etc...) is much more likely.

You can multiple franchises in the same city.

Also, "getting the ball rolling" is putting his name into the minds of the rest of the NFL owners, as a potential future owner/colleague. When there are potential buyers for any sports team, don't think the owners don't do their homework on the "new guys" prior to any transaction occuring.

Pegula's got billions and owns another professional franchise. The other owners will be taking note of how he runs things and be measurng him up as a possible future owner.

This is more likely to be true than not. But we won't know until Ralph dies.

The Bills aren't for sale, so not sure what he's doing now---or why he would let it leak that he's getting ready to buy the team. Other owners obviously know who he is.

The Bills aren't for sale, so not sure what he's doing now---or why he would let it leak that he's getting ready to buy the team. Other owners obviously know who he is.

It's likely that the anonymous source didn't have Pegula's permission to leak it. And why did the anonymous source come out now and say this, especially when Pegula squelched rumors of him being interested in the team 2 weeks ago?

I dont believe it.

Im a close follower of the Sabres and this guy has been eating and breathing Sabres since he has been introduced as owner. He has even diverted off and gone to a Portland game (at least 1). He has driven everywhere too.

I know most billionaires can walk and chew gum at the same time, but it doesnt seem like he would be in the market for the Bills at this point. If this was when the dust settles and over the summer I wouldnt be overly skeptical... but the timing now seems like too much.

I 100% believe he doesnt give the Bills much thought at all at this time... and he is happy as happy can be owning the Sabres as a family business.

I do believe down the road, once he is intertwined a bit more in the community and the time comes that the Bills are in jeopardy in Buffalo... he would be willing to join a group to save the team.