If the Bengels offered Carson Palmer?

seadog

Would Chan bite? He has proven he can play outdoors? He wants out of Cincy, so he must be smart? He did'nt look good last year, but with T.O. yelling in one ear and Chad in another who would? Would you give up a second and say a fifth to fill in the starting Qb for the next five years with a vet?

Would Chan bite? He has proven he can play outdoors? He wants out of Cincy, so he must be smart? He did'nt look good last year, but with T.O. yelling in one ear and Chad in another who would? Would you give up a second and say a fifth to fill in the starting Qb for the next five years with a vet?

That's a big negative Ghost Rider. We already have a starting QB, and Carson Palmer is not going to be our QB of the future (for obvious reasons).

That's a big negative Ghost Rider. We already have a starting QB, and Carson Palmer is not going to be our QB of the future (for obvious reasons).

Would you then draft a qb and why if you have a starter? No qb needed this year then?

Would you then draft a qb and why if you have a starter? No qb needed this year then?

If you have a quality starting QB (and I think we do) then you draft a QB ONLY if you are lacking depth at that position. We certainly lack depth at the QB position, so if we can find a good developmental prospect in rounds 3-7....then we pull the trigger and draft that player.

There is absolutely no need, given the QB's available in this draft, to draft a QB with the #3 overall pick. That's my opinion :thumbsup:

Giving up draft picks for Carson Palmer is an absolutely ridiculous idea...IMO.

Why in the world would we give up a high draft pick or anything else of value for a guy whose former backup is already on our team and outplayed him last year?!?!!!!! :blink:

This is also a very good point.

I honestly would rather have Fitz under center than Palmer. The team really responds to Fitz he has the mentality to play here in Buffalo as well. On top of that Fitz has a year under Chan's system and started to get some chemistry with the receivers at the end of year as well.

Installing Palmer who is a above average QB at best into a new system when we have a guy who can preform above average with a below average supporting cast in Fitz makes no sense. I do think that we should invest in a solid backup as I think that Fitz is the only professional caliber QB on the staff.

The Bills have a competent starter in Fitz. As I see it, the only point in drafting a QB would be to acquire a franchise QB who'd be a significant upgrade over Fitz. A guy who could do the things Aaron Rodgers did for the Packers when he played a vital role in their Super Bowl win.

Fitz is no Rodgers. But neither is Carson Palmer, at least not at this point in his career. The Bills are a rebuilding team, which means it doesn't make sense to trade away early draft picks for aging veterans. If you're using an early draft pick on a QB, there has to be at least a decent chance that he'll turn into The Guy. I just don't see that happening with Palmer. And if it does happen it probably won't last very long. No sense in parting with an early draft pick for another Bledsoe-like eight game flash in the pan!

It's fashionable to jump on the "Carson Palmer sucks/is finished" bandwagon these days but he is still a respectable starter and better than half the QBs in the league.

However, the #35 pick plus a 5th is way too much (a 4th rounder is more reasonable). But the problem with any trade is taking on his large contract, which make him not worth it at all unless he was willing to renegotiate for less money.

The Bills have a competent starter in Fitz. As I see it, the only point in drafting a QB would be to acquire a franchise QB who'd be a significant upgrade over Fitz. A guy who could do the things Aaron Rodgers did for the Packers when he played a vital role in their Super Bowl win.

Fitz is no Rodgers. But neither is Carson Palmer, at least not at this point in his career. The Bills are a rebuilding team, which means it doesn't make sense to trade away early draft picks for aging veterans. If you're using an early draft pick on a QB, there has to be at least a decent chance that he'll turn into The Guy. I just don't see that happening with Palmer. And if it does happen it probably won't last very long. No sense in parting with an early draft pick for another Bledsoe-like eight game flash in the pan!

I agree with this word for word. You have described Fitz perfectly. Your take on drafting a QB is correct - a franchise guy or nothing. Now we could add an aging vet for the #2 QB that is cheap, not a couple draft picks cheap. I mean a cut vet we sign for one million a season. But I see no need to get Palmer.

Hell no! Why would we ever do something like that, when Fitz is 3 years younger and every bit as good if not better?

I don't think he'd be interested. From what I've heard, he wants out of Cincinnati because he is tired of the systemic dysfunction of the organization and wants to go to an organization and environment committed to winning, and/or move back to the West Coast. The Buffalo Bills don't really fit either of those criteria.

Hell no! Why would we ever do something like that, when Fitz is 3 years younger and every bit as good if not better?

I remember reading publications from Cincinnati after the Bills game last year and they were consistant in the thought that they should have kept Fitz. Even if they cut Palmer I don't think I would pick him up. Palmer was never the same when he came back from injury a few years back. We have already been down that road.

You guys come up with the craziest scenarios man.

I got one for you? What if Jamarcus Russell PAYED the Bills to let him be the starting QB for two years so that he can prove that he can play ball and clear his name? Would ya?

I would say wait until he gets cut. Otherwise, I would say no at this point because we already have Fitz.

You guys come up with the craziest scenarios man.

I got one for you? What if Jamarcus Russell PAYED the Bills to let him be the starting QB for two years so that he can prove that he can play ball and clear his name? Would ya?

Now that's crazy, but why would trading for a vet be crazy? we did with Blesoe.

Wouldn't touch him- he's nowhere near Bledsoe before he became a Bill.- Amazing we forget how good Bledsoe was with New England. Palmer had a really good season, when the linemen rolled into him since then he has been lousy. (2006) We want him to be good, looking for good quarterbacks anywhere and can't find too many so we turn back the clock 5 years ago when he had a good season and looked like he would become a top tier quarterback, and for some pretend it happened. Problem is it never happened.

My question is if were so stuck on making the playoffs next year than you can't take Newton unless you get him a little later by trading next years pick to get a second #1. We can and I believe will make the playoffs next year with Fitzpatrick at quarterback.

Edited by CardinalScotts

ARE YOU SERIOUS ??? The guy has already proven that he can't win . He's had 2 good seasons since he's been in Cinci , sure he has a arm but when things get tough he can't win the big one.

Why would you even consider giving up a draft pick where you have a guy that could be a team guy for the next 10 years on a guy that might have 1 or 2 good not great seasons left in the tank ? IT JUST MAKES NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we were to grab a starting qb from FA i think Kolb would be our guy.

But i love the Fitz. Let him play and lets get him someone to mentor for our long term goals. The only action i want from Cinci is an offer to trade up for a Cam or Gabbert.

I think Palmer might still have some game left...but I also don't think he is the answer to the Bills problems.

He is older, and IMO, needs to join a team that is further along than the Bills are, to play his best football. Call it what you want, but the Bills are rebuilding. Palmer would likely be just as miserable, and frustrated in Buffalo, as he is in Cincinnati. Fitzpatrick, to me, is the ideal QB for us right now. Sticking with him, and grooming a younger guy for a few years down the road, is the way to go. Palmer would probably do well in Minnesota or San Francisco.

Carson Palmer was a one year wonder until he got hurt. He has done nothing in the last couple of years. I wouldn't give up a pick for him. but I'd give up something that I did not value like maybe, Whitner. Palmer can back up Fitz this time

no! No! and NO! :wallbash:

Regardless of whether Palmer is, in fact, a significant enough upgrade over Fitzpatrick to warrant a trade, you'd have to be truly naïve to believe that Palmer would accept a trade to Buffalo. There are a few logical spots for him to get moved to: San Francisco, Minnesota, and, perhaps, Oakland (which actually has a pretty solid team). He's going to want to go back to California or to a strong team in need of a QB.