Bills Mentioned In CBA - Let The Truth Be Known

T master

There's an article on Buffalo Rumblings, Arizona kicker Jay Feely has been sitting in on the CBA negotiations and has heard one of the bigger reasons why these negotiations may be more involved & take longer than they had first thought .

The way i take it is, Jerry Jones :devil: being the back stabbing jack ass that MOST of us dispize , along with some other mega rich NFL owners no longer want to share !! They want to do what baseball has done and keep all there millions to them selves . All to create one or two teams that win year after year like the Yankees & basically ruin the sport we love .

In the article the Bills are mentioned by Feely, stating that the owners really don't want to share the revenue that each team makes with the smaller market teams . Which is the one reason Feely believes is why the owners don't want to share the profits with the players .

They want to renig on the deal that the smarter owners (of which there was only two) RW of the Bills & Brown of the Bengals didn't want in the first place , and thought RW & Brown where just some old coucks !!

Kind of one of those be careful what you wish for things !!

They got what they all but 2 wanted and there still not happy :devil: !! Jones is just so freaking greedy and couldn't save money if he had to as shown by his egotistical statement of building Jerry's world (which besides the teams & the play in this years SB was the suckiest SB in resent history :thumbdown: !! The Black Eyed Peas :sick: -- PLEASE WHAT A S**T HALF TIME SHOW) If the cowboys would have went to the SB this year Jerry's head would have exploded !! WHAT A ASS !!!

This guy & others like him will be the ruin of the NFL -- IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT !!! The NFL has the highest TV ratings ever - is the most popular sport anywhere - has the most revenue generated of any sport any where and greed once again will ruin a great thing !!

Apparently honesty is not part of these negotiations . Bills forever !!!!

Edited by T master

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a little much.

That said, I think it's funny that Jerry is trying to share the responsibility on the superbowl lawsuit, but not share revenue.

Thaaat said, Jerry has complained for years. If he had the pull it wouldve been done already. I hope.

Of course owners in major markets wouldn't want to share evenly with owners in dirt poor markets like Buffalo. Why would they?

The NFL (owners and players alike) want more and more money every year. One way to achieve this is to dump small markets like Buffalo and only have teams in major markets. It is simple economics. Would this "ruin the sport"? Outside of the small markets that get boned in the process, no. And even these markets will probably get over it in a few years.

And regarding your "most popular sport anywhere" comments at the end ... not even close. But you were rolling by that point so no worries :)

Of course owners in major markets wouldn't want to share evenly with owners in dirt poor markets like Buffalo. Why would they?

The NFL (owners and players alike) want more and more money every year. One way to achieve this is to dump small markets like Buffalo and only have teams in major markets. It is simple economics. Would this "ruin the sport"? Outside of the small markets that get boned in the process, no. And even these markets will probably get over it in a few years.

And regarding your "most popular sport anywhere" comments at the end ... not even close. But you were rolling by that point so no worries :)

So what is the most popular sport then ????? And was it a large market team that won the SB this year ??? Plus Pitt is really not that much different than Buffalo rust belt and all !! If the Bills would have won one SB we would have been in the conversation of great NFL history teams !!

See the problem lies within that some of these owners had to build these gigantic stadiums & now they realize they could only gauge the public so much & need to find other ways to make money so they could service the debt load that accompanies these buildings.

It must burn Jone's ass to know that Wilson has no debt on his stadium, plays in it rent free, has an annual stipen for wear & tear expenses & gets to keep all the concession money/parking.

So what is the most popular sport then ????? And was it a large market team that won the SB this year ??? Plus Pitt is really not that much different than Buffalo rust belt and all !! If the Bills would have won one SB we would have been in the conversation of great NFL history teams !!

Soccer far and away is the worlds most popular sport.

I don't believe there is even a close second.

It's not about winning superbowls or even having a good team. It is about economics. Smaller market equals less money. Not saying I like or you should like it, but our not liking it does not change the facts.

Short term, Buffalo and other small markets get boned. Long term overall revenues dip as interest in the league lessens in small market areas. Parity, or the NFL's approximation, is what generates the national interest and money that has the NFL on top of the US sports world. A key to this parity is revenue sharing. You kill that, you kill the golden goose. Remember even a team like buffalo makes more money now than MLB teams like KC and Pit combined. You kill parity that money dies with it. Jerry and crew would be wise to remember you have to spend money to make money....or in this case share.

It's not about winning superbowls or even having a good team. It is about economics. Smaller market equals less money. Not saying I like or you should like it, but our not liking it does not change the facts.

Yeah the NFL is a big time operation now and needs to ditch the free loaders. The Bills are one of the free loaders. Ralph has invested very little in the Bills. These other guys have invested hundreds of millions. I can see why the big time owners want to get rid of the the Bills.

Yeah the NFL is a big time operation now and needs to ditch the free loaders. The Bills are one of the free loaders. Ralph has invested very little in the Bills. These other guys have invested hundreds of millions. I can see why the big time owners want to get rid of the the Bills.

That makes no sense. Ralph's investment is smaller because he did it over 50 years ago. How are they a free loader? Every team gets the same amount of TV money, including Packers , Pitt, Detroit and every other small market team. Giants, Jets, Cowboys...do not have to share any revenue from boxes/ suites. Jones chose to spend $1B on his new stadium. Let him figure out how to pay for it.

Short term, Buffalo and other small markets get boned. Long term overall revenues dip as interest in the league lessens in small market areas. Parity, or the NFL's approximation, is what generates the national interest and money that has the NFL on top of the US sports world. A key to this parity is revenue sharing. You kill that, you kill the golden goose. Remember even a team like buffalo makes more money now than MLB teams like KC and Pit combined. You kill parity that money dies with it. Jerry and crew would be wise to remember you have to spend money to make money....or in this case share.

How is Buffalo getting "boned"? Ralph voted against the most massive increase (500%) in revenue sharing money in CBA history (lucky for him, he was outvoted). Poster who say Jones, Kraft, etc are "ruining the league obviously don't comprehend that the (free) money for "revenue sharing" comes mainly from the TV contracts that guys like Kraft negotiated on everyone's behalf---AND, that the value of those contracts comes from the national appeal of teams like the Cowboys, pats, Steelers, Redskins--not form the Bills. Like them or not--those owners have popular brands that they sink tons of money into. They all see Ralph simply ounting his money while bithcing at THEM for being stupid or greedy.

One of the "freeloaders" just beat another "freeloader" in the Superbowl.

History and tradition superceded by money and greed...only in america!

There will always be smaller market teams. Get rid of the Bills & Bengals, then there will be 2 other teams at the bottom. When would it end? It wouldn't.

The league has prospered since the mid-sixties because of the all-for-one mentality. THAT needs to continue.

There will always be issues because the richest teams want more for themselves and the small market teams don't want to be forgotten and need to be able to compete financially.

They have to be able to agree amongst themselves before they consider the players. This may be the biggest hurdle if the original poster is correct.

I wish I had answers, heck, I wish I had suggestions!!

Ralph & Mike (Brown) are the sanest ones in the room - but no one listens to them because they represent the small market teams. They were right about the last CBA and were derided when they stood alone. Then when they all voided the CBA, there was no mention about Ralph & Mike being right all along.

The League could do worse than to listen to these 2 - especially Ralph - who has been there for all of this - hopefully he has shared his vision with his lieutenants who can speak for him as he's not as young as he used to be.

Here's hoping training camp opens in July as usual and the season starts the week after Labor Day!!!

Absolutely correct!

Soccer is so much bigger it doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same category as the NFL. Soccer is important to about 6 billion people whereas the NFL is important to about 300 million.

Soccer is at least 20 times larger.

I love the way American football champions declare themselves "World Champions" when nobody else in the world plays the same game. Hubris.