New turf in The Ralph

Beerball

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad linky

Worked for me, but maybe that's because I did the search.

Here's the text:

COUNTY OF ERIE

ADVERTISEMENT

COUNTY OF ERIE

ADVERTISEMENT

FOR BIDS

FOR

Ralph Wilson Stadium 2011

Stadium Artificial Grass Replacement

REAM Project

No.: JZ-10-19

Anyway...go to the classifieds and search to see the ad itself.

This one work?

Bringing the red end zone red back? I hope so, we haven't been able to find it since we switched over to green!

Good to see this team is really trying to put this past era behind them. Even if its only aesthetically like putting the red back in the endzones along with new turf and new unis. You have to look like a winner before you can play like one (Or at the very least the jersey's will look respectable and the endzones will look cool).

Edited by billsfan89

Recent article about the best/worst grass AND artificial surfaces in the NFL.

http://www.sportingn...t-grass-surface

WRT the playing surface at the Ralph, the County installed "Astro Play" the last time the field was redone in 2003. Astro Play is a product of the AstroTurf company, which pioneered artificial playing surfaces and is said to be similar to the brand widely known as Field Turf.

While AstroTurf was among the first artificial surfaces (Poly Turf, which turned blue in the Orange Bowl due to UV rays was the first), that doesn't mean they are the best. The AstroTurf company actually went out of business for a while until it was rescued by another company.

In addition, all these providers of artificial turf sell varying grades of surface, underlayment, nap, pile, etc.

One would think that the County would spec the highest quality product available.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Recent article about the best/worst grass AND artificial surfaces in the NFL.

http://www.sportingn...t-grass-surface

WRT the playing surface at the Ralph, the County installed "Astro Play" the last time the field was redone in 2003. Astro Play is a product of the AstroTurf company, which pioneered artificial playing surfaces and is said to be similar to the brand widely known as Field Turf.

While AstroTurf was among the first artificial surfaces (Poly Turf, which turned blue in the Orange Bowl due to UV rays was the first), that doesn't mean they are the best. The AstroTurf company actually went out of business for a while until it was rescued by another company.

In addition, all these providers of artificial turf sell varying grades of surface, underlayment, nap, pile, etc.

One would think that the County would spec the highest quality product available.

Good point. One might also think that the league would mandate the highest quality product as well. Why not standardize all artificial surfaces?

GO BILLS!!!

Interesting. Maybe I'll submit a bid for a mixture of Kentucky bluegrass and northern California sensimilla.

I heard it's pretty amazing stuff. You can play 4 quarters on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on it.

All these new turfs are quite aesthetic and, I'm sure, the safest they can be. Gotta say though, as an old fart, I pine for the days of real home field advantages. Places like Metropolitan Stadium in Minnestota, Memorial Stadium in Baltimore, Shea, Municipal Stadium in KC. The home team really had an advantage -knowing the low spots, the right cleat depending on the weather, etc.

I know there's no going back, but I miss it. At games end today, the players still look like they're ready to take a team photo. Back in the day -at games' end- you could hardly tell the home team team from the visitor. It was even a figure of football speech: "The QB really got his uniform dirty today!"..

sigh..