Does anyone know why we are getting a flood of registrations today?

SDS

I think 40 people are waiting in the queue and that is 10x more than usual. Any ideas?

Myself, I do not know...

but is there anything you would like us to look for? Any suspiscious activity? Could these be trolls? Could this be people getting 2 or 3 names?

It does seem as though there are lot of newer members posting in certain threads in correlation to one another more so then normal. I sort of have my thoughts that some of the posts in many threads are the same person on a few different names. As always, thanks for the board!

Edited by jboyst62

They want to view the attachment of the new unis in that "I know a guy who knows a guy" thread. Can't view the pic unless you're registered. Somebody probably linked to the thread on another message board.

Edited by MattyT

People like you?

Was this directed at me??? I only have one name, even though I answer to many.

Also, I guess it could be the uniforms. People have been hearing the hype around the internet and may register a name instead of registering an old name that they forgot. This is the kind of place that would have the scoop on the uniforms. That and all the Cam Newton banter.

I think 40 people are waiting in the queue and that is 10x more than usual. Any ideas?

A friend of mine, at my urging, registered for the site but was never sent a confirmation email. This was about two months ago. Is it possible that there was a glitch and that many pending registrants were held up for awhile and then suddenly and all at once delivered to the queue?

I know he was disappointed that he couldn't post.

They want to view the attachment of the new unis in that "I know a guy who knows a guy" thread. Can't view them unless you're registered. Somebody probably linked to the thread on another message board.

Dude. I think that is it. It all started minutes after Rosen-boy posted that... :thumbsup:

Check the website's security settings. Message boards are notorious for attracting spammers. Often a bot is used to auto register. Usually this can be defeated by implementing a captcha(that little extra field used where you have to type in random numbers and/or letters). I can't remember if TSW has one.

Anyway it might just be that now the Superbowl is over people are looking toward the draft now.

A friend of mine, at my urging, registered for the site but was never sent a confirmation email. This was about two months ago. Is it possible that there was a glitch and that many pending registrants were held up for awhile and then suddenly and all at once delivered to the queue?

I know he was disappointed that he couldn't post.

did he check his spam folder?

Maybe it's the FBI expanding their anti-terrorism task force, now that they've shut down those sites that stream NFL games live. Two Bills Drive is next on their list. There probably wasn't much esle going on in the world - not like there's turmoil in the Middle East or anything like that...