Whenever you think Ralph is bad

plenzmd1

So seems a writer for the Washington City Paper did a pretty brutal piece on Danny Boy back in November. Well, ole Danny is now suing for libel, but both paper and writer contend everything in this piece is 100% true. Man, some of this stuff is just crazy, but very entertaining.

Ralph not so bad after all

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40063/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/

The best thing is the Independence Air peanuts... what a hoot

I work at a school in Northern VA.

If our kitchen has leftovers, we can't give it to a homeless shelter for health code violations.

Surely, a friend in the catering business should know about this.

It has less to do with Snyder, and more to do with the Nanny State.

This is true. Better to starve and/or pick your food yourself out of a dumpster than be given non-fresh but still good food. :rolleyes:

Are there any conditions under which leftovers can be donated?

I haven't checked the news recently, but if Gregg Williams is hired in Tennessee, I would not be surprised if he brings back Haynesworth.

Depends on how fat Albert is. Greggers is the reason the Bills dumped Ted Washington, one of the worst moves of the past decade.

The best thing is the Independence Air peanuts... what a hoot

Yes that was a good one. This has the feel of a hollywood sitcom doesn't it. Reminds me specifically of wkrp Cincinnati a weekly account of the travails of a bunch of screwups running a radio station. :D

This is true. Better to starve and/or pick your food yourself out of a dumpster than be given non-fresh but still good food. :rolleyes:

Are there any conditions under which leftovers can be donated?

Depends on how fat Albert is. Greggers is the reason the Bills dumped Ted Washington, one of the worst moves of the past decade.

Yeah, Mt. Washington did go on to have some strong years in NE.

I would have to say dumping Big Pat Williams was a worse decision, though.

Edited by Red

As soon as I read the topic, I knew it was about Snyder... before even reading one post. I was talking to this guy the other day that has a good friend in D.C. that has a catering business & catered a party for Snyder. Well, there was a lot of food left over & the guy asked Snyder if he could take it down to the homeless shelter. Snyder refused, told him to throw it out... & said that if he couldn't eat it, nobody was. This guy seemed real sincere & swore it was a true story.

The last time the 'skins were in a SB was 19 years ago. I hope it's at least that long before they go again (if Snyder is still the owner).

I would still take dumbass Danny over Tightass Ralphy any day of the week, any week of the year. He is an idiot, but Snyder uses all his resources to try to win, he just doesn't give the right people the authority to improve his franchise. Ralph makes all his decisions on what is the cheapest way to field a team and get seats in the stands. At least the Redskins usually have some reasons to be optimistic each year because of the recent trades and/or free agent signings, Bills fans just plain know we are gonna suck year after year.

LOL

So seems a writer for the Washington City Paper did a pretty brutal piece on Danny Boy back in November. Well, ole Danny is now suing for libel, but both paper and writer contend everything in this piece is 100% true. Man, some of this stuff is just crazy, but very entertaining.

Ralph not so bad after all

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40063/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/

:rolleyes:

I would still take dumbass Danny over Tightass Ralphy any day of the week, any week of the year. He is an idiot, but Snyder uses all his resources to try to win, he just doesn't give the right people the authority to improve his franchise. Ralph makes all his decisions on what is the cheapest way to field a team and get seats in the stands. At least the Redskins usually have some reasons to be optimistic each year because of the recent trades and/or free agent signings, Bills fans just plain know we are gonna suck year after year.

Amazing.

Ralph Wilson's failings as an owner are legendary and well known. But we should be thankful that we Bills fans don't have to deal with a money-grubbing egomaniac like Dan Snyder. Check out this storythat details Snyder's tenure to date.

By the way, Snyder is trying to get the writer of the story fired. Here's a story about that situation in the Washington Post

Any idiot can spend/waste money. To laud Snyder for it says more about you than anything else. The "Ralph is cheap" stuff is stupidity that gets repeated by same. He's (over)spent on players, while coaches and GM's don't want to be in Buffalo. If last year didn't finally drill that through your head, nothing will. But carry on.

Oh and BTW, if Snyder was the owner of the Bills, they'd have moved long ago. I still don't know why Ralph has stayed around all these years, when there was better money to be made elsewhere. The only thing I can think is loyalty to the fans, many of whom (ahem) don't deserve it.

I think Ralph(who is as poor an owner re: putting winning teams on the field as Lil Danny is-but isn't in any way the weasel that Danny is) is given way too much credit for staying in Buffalo. With revenue sharing and a rabid little fan base--Ralph did just fine $wise.Secondly--or even firstly--Buffalo is an hour flight from home in Detroit.Very convenient for Mr. Wilson I dare say.His franchise is worth almost a billion dollars.Buffalo been bery bery good to Ralph.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........uh, oh, what?.....I woke up for this? .....hummmmmm.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Watching Dan Snyder is a lesson on how not to build a team. You don't do it with a bunch of high priced free agents. You build from within, drafting well and filling needs with FAs. The Steelers do it, Packers, NE, Indy, etc. You can buy a team by getting FAs, but it doesn't have the long-term success.

So the lesson of both Ralph and Snyder is to build your team by drafting well. The Skins and the Bills are examples of two ways to not build a team. The Bills by drafting poorly and scatterbrained spending on dumb FAs, the Redskins by drafting poorly and spending on FAs simply to make a splash.

Ignore idiot fans who want you to sign everyone (including some idiot fans in this thread) and do the right thing.

You might wanna read my post again, because nowhere in it did I say Snyder was great? What I said was I would take him over Ralph any day of the week. I would rather have an owner who fails but gives it all he has, uses his resources ($$), and really wants to win, than an owner that makes no real effort to succeed, but is satisfied with running his franchise into the ground and has no intention of ever really giving a crap about whether they win or not if it means having to spend some of his millions to do so. Read a post before you make a stupid comment on it next time.

Pentagon Flag Hat: A Redskins cap sold for profit by Snyder to “commemorate September 11” in time for the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Ads boasted that the $23.99 caps, really just black Redskins hats with a red, white, and blue Pentagon sewn on the side, were “expected to be worn by the Redskins coaches.” No other NFL team put 9/11 commemorative products for sale during the 2006 season, for profit or otherwise. Snyder had previously added a $4 “security surcharge” to the ticket prices soon after the attacks.

This points out how right you are. As a fan, I am sure you would have bought a Bills 9/11 hat so Ralph could plow more resources back into the team, but Ralph was too cheap to have the hats made.

I think Ralph(who is as poor an owner re: putting winning teams on the field as Lil Danny is-but isn't in any way the weasel that Danny is) is given way too much credit for staying in Buffalo. With revenue sharing and a rabid little fan base--Ralph did just fine $wise.Secondly--or even firstly--Buffalo is an hour flight from home in Detroit.Very convenient for Mr. Wilson I dare say.His franchise is worth almost a billion dollars.Buffalo been bery bery good to Ralph.

Well, as you said, Ralph is from Detroit, and as has been pointed out, he originally wanted a franchise in Miami. So he had/has NO real ties to Buffalo, outside of owning a team there. And he certainly had opportunities to move (look at all the expansion/replacement/relocation teams the past 20 years). He could have moved to a new city that was willing to build him a new stadium and thus be able to charge more for boxes, tickets, parking, concessions, etc., and the NFL would have paid for all his moving expenses to get the team out of the smallest non-community owned TV market in the NFL. Just take a look at the original Cleveland Browns for an example of what could have happened (although likely without the replacement team).

this stuff is just to funny..Weingarten is the resident funny guy columnist, took Dave barrys place in the Washington Post Magazine every Sunday.

Pats and Jets fan must think the same of Ralph.

BTW, take a moment to peruse the Post sports section, this stuff really is entertaining

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/02/AR2011020205483.html

Do we have to name the players that have left because we wouldn't pay and yet still came in 20 million under the cap?

Blockheads like this guy and the rest that call Ralph cheap never do any research. This guy tosses out a meaningless number while the others just make empty declarations.

What could be their motivation? Answer – not having to think.

Their simple minds haven’t developed past adolescence. So thought is work like homework which equals not good. All decisions from one Bills drive they don’t like are because Ralph is cheap. It’s easier that way for the simple minded person to understand. First make it monolithic. Then make it steadfast. There thinking successfully eliminated.

Did you know that in seasons 2008 and 2009, Buffalo’s total payroll was higher than Dan Snyder’s Washington Redskins. More to the point, they ranked 16th and 13th league wide.

You might be surprised as I was to see Indianapolis and New England way down the list. Way down!

29th and 30th respectively in 2008 to be exact.

Folks, The Bill’s failings are not because Ralph is cheap.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2008

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/nfl/salaries/team

Did you know that in seasons 2008 and 2009, Buffalo’s total payroll was higher than Dan Snyder’s Washington Redskins. More to the point, they ranked 16th and 13th league wide.

You might be surprised as I was to see Indianapolis and New England way down the list. Way down!

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2008

But facts don't matter on this board. Ralph is cheap!

Well, as you said, Ralph is from Detroit, and as has been pointed out, he originally wanted a franchise in Miami. So he had/has NO real ties to Buffalo, outside of owning a team there. And he certainly had opportunities to move (look at all the expansion/replacement/relocation teams the past 20 years). He could have moved to a new city that was willing to build him a new stadium and thus be able to charge more for boxes, tickets, parking, concessions, etc., and the NFL would have paid for all his moving expenses to get the team out of the smallest non-community owned TV market in the NFL. Just take a look at the original Cleveland Browns for an example of what could have happened (although likely without the replacement team).

well, you apparently forget that afl owners agreed not to move franchises as part of their agreement upon the nfl-afl merger. it's not virtuous to honor your agreements, even if others don't.

well, you apparently forget that afl owners agreed not to move franchises as part of their agreement upon the nfl-afl merger. it's not virtuous to honor your agreements, even if others don't.

I did a search for that agreement and came up empty. Was it a signed contract? Pinky swear?

And yes, I'd say honoring an agreement that 2 of the other owners didn't honor, while hundreds of millions of dollars were at stake, is virtuous.

I did a search for that agreement and came up empty. Was it a signed contract? Pinky swear?

And yes, I'd say honoring an agreement that 2 of the other owners didn't honor, while hundreds of millions of dollars were at stake, is virtuous.

search harder. rozelle testified to this in front of congress in regards to the antitrust exemption. a little more than pinky swear, whatever that may be. i think you confuse decency with virtue.

search harder. rozelle testified to this in front of congress in regards to the antitrust exemption. a little more than pinky swear, whatever that may be. i think you confuse decency with virtue.

Okay, I found it. What actually happened is that in order to get an anti-trust exemption, Pete Rozelle promised Congress that none of the 23 teams in the AFL and NFL would move from their present location, not just the AFL teams. Yet many moved and Congress did nothing. It was an empty/toothless promise and decency and virtue had nothing to do with it. OTOH, Ralph forgoing hundreds of millions deserves some sort of praise.

Okay, I found it. What actually happened is that in order to get an anti-trust exemption, Pete Rozelle promised Congress that none of the 23 teams in the AFL and NFL would move from their present location, not just the AFL teams. Yet many moved and Congress did nothing. It was an empty/toothless promise and decency and virtue had nothing to do with it. OTOH, Ralph forgoing hundreds of millions deserves some sort of praise.

sad but true...greed often trumps honesty, decency and virtue. what, about testifying in front of congress while representing the owners of all afl and nfl teams, makes rozelle's promise nonbinding and empty? some owners actually abided by the agreement as should be the expected outcome. but you're right...people lie regularly for a lot less. i guess that makes it ok....?

sad but true...greed often trumps honesty, decency and virtue. what, about testifying in front of congress while representing the owners of all afl and nfl teams, makes rozelle's promise nonbinding and empty? some owners actually abided by the agreement as should be the expected outcome. but you're right...people lie regularly for a lot less. i guess that makes it ok....?

Rozelle told Congress what they wanted to hear, or what he thought they wanted to hear. If the promise had any weight, when the first team moved, Congress would have removed the NFL's anti-trust exemption because they violated the promise.

And sure people lie. Does it make it worse when it's an owner of an NFL stadium, or say, a soon-to-be president of the US during a campaign? ;)

Edited by Doc

Blockheads like this guy and the rest that call Ralph cheap never do any research. This guy tosses out a meaningless number while the others just make empty declarations.

What could be their motivation? Answer – not having to think.

Their simple minds haven’t developed past adolescence. So thought is work like homework which equals not good. All decisions from one Bills drive they don’t like are because Ralph is cheap. It’s easier that way for the simple minded person to understand. First make it monolithic. Then make it steadfast. There thinking successfully eliminated.

but...but...but... that the easy thing to say, dont go around her proving the easy thing to say is wrong !!

Did you know that in seasons 2008 and 2009, Buffalo's total payroll was higher than Dan Snyder's Washington Redskins. More to the point, they ranked 16th and 13th league wide.

Yep, that's it. We've all been bickering over which team has the higher team payroll. Thanks for clearing that up. I totally forgot that when he signs the payroll checks.

It has nothing to do with the fact that when the Redskins needed a head coach, Dan Snyder went out and got the best coach available. Or that when they needed a franchise QB, he spent the green and got the most desirable veteran QB available at the time.

Yep, that's it. We've all been bickering over which team has the higher team payroll. Thanks for clearing that up. I totally forgot that when he signs the payroll checks.

It has nothing to do with the fact that when the Redskins needed a head coach, Dan Snyder went out and got the best coach available. Or that when they needed a franchise QB, he spent the green and got the most desirable veteran QB available at the time.

Nothing like lobbing up a gopher ball. That’s what has you upset at Ralph, that he was turned down by Shanahan, an over-rated but well known name in the coaching world and didn’t sign an over-rated well known qb that had stated he wasn’t interested in coming to Buffalo? Well as for me, I am very thankful I don’t have to hear those names very much in my football world. Especially grateful that their not remotely connected to the team I follow.

Sometimes, you just luck out I guess! :rolleyes:

So Danny boy is suing over an article http://mirror.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40063/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder.html

He didn't like people saying things he didn't approve: http://mirror.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/citydesk/2011/02/02/snyder-sues.html

So he objects to the squigly lines drawing devil horns and a goatee on his image because they're anti-Semetic. Dan Snyder, you see, is very sensitive towards depictions that may be racist and culturally insensitive nature.