Whenever you think Ralph is bad

plenzmd1

So seems a writer for the Washington City Paper did a pretty brutal piece on Danny Boy back in November. Well, ole Danny is now suing for libel, but both paper and writer contend everything in this piece is 100% true. Man, some of this stuff is just crazy, but very entertaining.

Ralph not so bad after all

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40063/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So seems a writer for the Washington City Paper did a pretty brutal piece on Danny Boy back in November. Well, ole Danny is now suing for libel, but both paper and writer contend everything in this piece is 100% true. Man, some of this stuff is just crazy, but very entertaining.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40063/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/

that's like choosing between dastardly and muttley...

Nonsense. Dan Snyder is a model owner who cares about winning. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I love that phrase "tendency toward irrationality." Sounds like what things would be like if message board fans ran a team. Also how did Dan Snyder get so rich when he taking advice from Pat Bowlen? I mean it's not like Pat has any interest in seeing Shanny get hired somewhere. :doh:

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

As soon as I read the topic, I knew it was about Snyder... before even reading one post. I was talking to this guy the other day that has a good friend in D.C. that has a catering business & catered a party for Snyder. Well, there was a lot of food left over & the guy asked Snyder if he could take it down to the homeless shelter. Snyder refused, told him to throw it out... & said that if he couldn't eat it, nobody was. This guy seemed real sincere & swore it was a true story.

Nonsense. Dan Snyder is a model owner who cares about winning. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I love that phrase "tendency toward irrationality." Sounds like what things would be like if message board fans ran a team. Also how did Dan Snyder get so rich when he taking advice from Pat Bowlen? I mean it's not like Pat has any interest in seeing Shanny get hired somewhere. :doh:

PTR

Lot's o funny things in there.I remember clearly the "you will pay for tickets with only hte Skins Mastercard" what a fiasco.

I swear, the Skins will have blackouts in the next three years, a once unfathmoable idea

I would still take dumbass Danny over Tightass Ralphy any day of the week, any week of the year. He is an idiot, but Snyder uses all his resources to try to win, he just doesn't give the right people the authority to improve his franchise. Ralph makes all his decisions on what is the cheapest way to field a team and get seats in the stands. At least the Redskins usually have some reasons to be optimistic each year because of the recent trades and/or free agent signings, Bills fans just plain know we are gonna suck year after year.

Edited by billsfreak

I would still take dumbass Danny over Tightass Ralphy any day of the week, any week of the year. He is an idiot, but Snyder uses all his resources to try to win, he just doesn't give the right people the authority to improve his franchise. Ralph makes all his decisions on what is the cheapest way to field a team and get seats in the stands. At least the Redskins usually have some reasons to be optimistic each year because of the recent trades and/or free agent signings, Bills fans just plain know we are gonna suck year after year.

Wow.

PTR

So Snyder is great because he throws money at the wrong people, and Ralph is a POS because he doesn't throw money around while still getting the wrong people? Brilliant. :rolleyes:

So Snyder is great because he throws money at the wrong people, and Ralph is a POS because he doesn't throw money around while still getting the wrong people? Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Almost, but not quite as brilliant as the logic that because Dan Snyder is a nut job, than Ralph Wilson is not cheap! :rolleyes:

I would still take dumbass Danny over Tightass Ralphy any day of the week, any week of the year. He is an idiot, but Snyder uses all his resources to try to win, he just doesn't give the right people the authority to improve his franchise.

No, actually Snyder manages the franchise like he's playing fantasy football. Even with a Washington Wizards team that's doing a perfect road impression of the Washington Generals, the Redskins are still the laughingstock of DC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Wow.

PTR

Funny thing about BillsFreak is that he was one of the few people in the Merriman thread who was mad that we were "wasting money" by spending $2.5mil on Merriman.

Some people will never be happy. Some people only come here to B word about whatever topic they jump into. Some people have sad little lives off of the internet.

They are both idiots in different ways.

Ralph is Cheap and hasn't brought in any young talent to the front office, to the move this franchise into the 21st Century. Instead he looked to the wrong people, Like Marv Levy, and Russ Brandon for answers. Biggest mistake was not getting a New GM after Donahoe was shown the door.

Dan Snyder is just an idiot, because he wants to win and spends money foolishly to do so. He has no football sense whatsoever. He's a buffoon and the Redskins will continue to fail as an organization because of Dan.

I wonder how many millions he's thrown out the window to try and win games. It's gotta be ridiculous.

I knew Snyder was a jerk, but I didn't know just how far around the bend he is. IMO Ralph is a bit misguided. He doesn't always make the best decisions, but he's not out to screw everyone around him nor try to make a buck at everybody else's expense. Ralph does spend money, just not always wisely (e.g. Dockery, Langston Walker (who at least was a decent RT) etc).

That was a great article thanks for pointing it out!

I knew Snyder was a jerk, but I didn't know just how far around the bend he is. IMO Ralph is a bit misguided. He doesn't always make the best decisions, but he's not out to screw everyone around him nor try to make a buck at everybody else's expense. Ralph does spend money, just not always wisely (e.g. Dockery, Langston Walker (who at least was a decent RT) etc).

That was a great article thanks for pointing it out!

Agreed. There is a big difference between incompetence and unrestrained greed + incompetence.

PTR

You might wanna read my post again, because nowhere in it did I say Snyder was great? What I said was I would take him over Ralph any day of the week. I would rather have an owner who fails but gives it all he has, uses his resources ($$), and really wants to win, than an owner that makes no real effort to succeed, but is satisfied with running his franchise into the ground and has no intention of ever really giving a crap about whether they win or not if it means having to spend some of his millions to do so. Read a post before you make a stupid comment on it next time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Funny thing about BillsFreak is that he was one of the few people in the Merriman thread who was mad that we were "wasting money" by spending $2.5mil on Merriman.

Some people will never be happy. Some people only come here to B word about whatever topic they jump into. Some people have sad little lives off of the internet.

Dr. Dickenstein, you obviously don't read all of my post, and I don't really care if you do, but you obviously weren't a fan for the brief 7 or 8 year period that we got lucky and Polian built a good team before Ralph dismantled it, otherwise you would be like myself and thousands of other Bills fans, tired of the crap that Ralph has put on the field and done to this franchise. You say I am never happy, that isn't true, but if you are happy about the way that Ralph has handled this team for the past couple decades, then you might be a fan, but you are not very intelligent. And go read the Merriman thread again, I wasn't one of the few people who didn't think the signing was a great idea, if I was then the thread on it wouldn't still be going strong almost a month later. When I snap my fingers Dickenstein, wake up out of your fantasy dreamworld and realize that Ralphy has run this organization into the ground and it won't improve until he is gone.

Edited by billsfreak