Watching Rex Ryan slam his headset at the end...

Spiderweb

Now, if the NFLPA & NFL can get the darn CBA in place, we can also watch them implode with salary cap issues. That is, assuming a cap will still be part of the agreement.

At least he can now go home a play with that "wife" of his until he gets back on his "feet".

(edit: Rex with Tasker post game, "well be back and we'll win this sucker..." Piss off you loud mouth jackwagon.)

Edited by Spiderweb

Now, if the NFLPA & NFL can get the darn CBA in place, we can also watch them implode with salary cap issues. That is, assuming a cap will still be part of the agreement.

At least he can now go home a play with that "wife" of his until he gets back on his "feet".

(edit: Rex with Tasker post game, "well be back and we'll win this sucker..." Piss off you loud mouth jackwagon.)

With a salary cap the Jets will be finished. Nice!!

C'mon, I'm willing to bet that most everyone here would rather have Rex Ryan coaching the Bills than Chan Gailey. (I'm not saying that Gailey is a bad head coach, only that Ryan has moved into the top tier of current coaches).

While I'm no Jets fan, obviously, he and that team have more personality and spirit than most NFL teams. They've been fun to watch in the midst of the playoff hoopla and they did vanquish the hated Pats.

It would have been nice to see a fanbase which hasn't celebrated a Super Bowl win in 40 years get that opportunity, rather than see Steeler Nation celebrate another "same old, same old" championship...especially with Ben Rapistbeatstheraplisberger holding that trophy high in a couple of weeks.

C'mon, I'm willing to bet that most everyone here would rather have Rex Ryan coaching the Bills than Chan Gailey. (I'm not saying that Gailey is a bad head coach, only that Ryan has moved into the top tier of current coaches).

While I'm no Jets fan, obviously, he and that team have more personality and spirit than most NFL teams. They've been fun to watch in the midst of the playoff hoopla and they did vanquish the hated Pats.

It would have been nice to see a fanbase which hasn't celebrated a Super Bowl win in 40 years get that opportunity, rather than see Steeler Nation celebrate another "same old, same old" championship...especially with Ben Rapistbeatstheraplisberger holding that trophy high in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I don't get the over-the-top hatred for R.R. around here. While obviously no fan of the Jets, I respect the job that he has done. - Two straight AFC Championship appearances is quite an accomplishment.

- The guy declares that he didn't "come here to kiss Belichick's ring" then proceeds to end a 9 year losing streak to the Pats.

Meanwhile, we're rebuilding for 11 years. How can any Bills fan laugh at this guy??? If a boisterous fat ass came here and instantly delivered us to two straight AFC Championship games, you guys would worship the ground he walked on!

Yeah, I don't get the over-the-top hatred for R.R. around here. While obviously no fan of the Jets, I respect the job that he has done. - Two straight AFC Championship appearances is quite an accomplishment.

- The guy declares that he didn't "come here to kiss Belichick's ring" then proceeds to end a 9 year losing streak to the Pats.

Meanwhile, we're rebuilding for 11 years. How can any Bills fan laugh at this guy??? If a boisterous fat ass came here and instantly delivered us to two straight AFC Championship games, you guys would worship the ground he walked on!

100% agree.

...especially with Ben Rapistbeatstheraplisberger holding that trophy high in a couple of weeks.

Ummm it's not like the Jets don't have their own "Dirty" Sanchez. Any way you slice it the AFC representative to the super bowl was going to have a quarterback with a sexual assault charge in their past.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/12504422/

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/01/mark-sanchez-has-a-ben-roethlisberger-style-rape-accusation-in-his-past/

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E00E5DE103FF93BA15757C0A9609C8B63

100% agree.

The "Jest" defense the past couple of years has been special, and it's hard not to like the Jest penchant for having strong o-lines (which was true even before Ryan), yet he's had an owner willing to spend big the past few years on players (FA's). I donb't believe all the success the team has had of late is primarily due to Ryan. $$$ is the prime reason.

Still, as evidenced before the season began, there is a group of players on that team (led by Mangold) that they haven't been taken care of as promised. Winning is a heck of a cure for what ails a team, but let them have some adversity and they would crumble from within.

Hell NO... what good is a coach that talks all of this @!# but can't even get to the Super Bowl? See Schottenheimer, Marty.

Chan Gailey has the same number of rings as a HC... ZERO. I like Gailey, and I wouldn't trade him in for that blowhard. You earn victories not by bluster, but by EXECUTION!

I'd rather see that kind of reaction than Dick Jauron's 1000 yard stare. That said, I hated the way Ryan was laughing the last time we played them. I also hate watching Belicheck pug smirk when they are beating the crap out of us. There are 2 goals we should have in 2011: beat New England, & the Jets. I only hope we beat New England so bad we get a similar reaction from Belicheck.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Jets, but they had a good run. Going into Indy, beating the colts. Then going into New England and beating the Pats..

I think it would have been one of the best playoff runs ever if they took out the Steelers today ..

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Jets, but they had a good run. Going into Indy, beating the colts. Then going into New England and beating the Pats..

I think it would have been one of the best playoff runs ever if they took out the Steelers today ..

That's what I was saying earlier today... I hate the Jets, but if they go on the road and beat Manning, Brady, and then Rapelesburger... crap that says something. Those are probably the 3 best QBs in the game over the last 5 years. I might have had to pull for them in the Super Bowl. Fortunately, they lost in spectacular fashion!

but he didn't, so f*** him. :nana:

:thumbdown: He's a dirtbag and the last thing I to see is my coach be a sore looser like that at the end of a game. :thumbdown:

:thumbdown: He's a dirtbag and the last thing I to see is my coach be a sore looser like that at the end of a game. :thumbdown:

Did I miss something after the game? Was the sore loser reference to when he threw his headgear when his season ended?

I had the jets beating the pats because, well, we all know why we wanted that other team to lose. Then I was hoping Pittsburg would win yesterday because....I'm a pissed off bills fan who would rather see a title go to a team that has already won it so the fans of another team could continue to ride the misery train with us. And yeah, i'm leaving out the Joe Namath SB because it's been so long ago most jets fans feel the same type of misery we do. Buy your ticket, head to the back of the train, past the rich folks who get a fancy club car filled with culinary delights and bunks with the sleep number adjustable beds----your cabin is small, cramped and has coal dust coating the 2 day old rolls with mouse poop on 'em.

Anyway, I went into the season thinking the guy was a d-bag, and maybe he is. Yeah, he had ownership support and they built a team for a run this year. But from what I can see, he motivates his team to play when the chips are down, even if he has to create the perception that chips are down. He takes a cast of characters and develops schemes that seem to work, and even yesterday, when it got ugly early he got his guys ready to play in the second half. Doesn't change that I wanted the jets to lose, and like most bills fans the rest of the season is inconsequential.

So, the headgear toss to me pretty much showed his passion for victory, and I can't hate the guy for that.

Caveat---I'd have hated him next September and still will if they kick our asses again. I can only go with this respect thing until the ulcer starts hemmoraging.

Did I miss something after the game? Was the sore loser reference to when he threw headgear set when his season ended?

I had the jets beating the pats because, well, we all know why we wanted that other team to lose. Then I was hoping Pittsburg would win yesterday because....I'm a pissed off bills fan who would rather see a title go to a team that has already won it so the fans of another team could continue to ride the misery train with us. And yeah, i'm leaving out the Joe Namath SB because it's been so long ago most jets fans feel the same type of misery we do. Buy your ticket, head to the back of the train, past the rich folks who get a fancy club car filled with culinary delights and bunks with the sleep number adjustable beds----your cabin is small, cramped and has coal dust coating the 2 day old rolls with mouse poop on 'em.

Anyway, I went into the season thinking the guy was a d-bag, and maybe he is. Yeah, he had ownership support and they built a team for a run this year. But from what I can see, he motivates his team to play when the chips are down, even if he has to create the perception that chips are down. He takes a cast of characters and develops schemes that seem to work, and even yesterday, when it got ugly early he got his guys ready to play in the second half. Doesn't change that I wanted the jets to lose, and like most bills fans the rest of the season is inconsequential.

So, the headgear toss to me pretty much showed his passion for victory, and I can't hate the guy for that.

Caveat---I'd have hated him next September and still will if they kick our asses again. I can only go with this respect thing until the ulcer starts hemmoraging.

I have respect for what he's done - taking a team to 2 straight AFC championship games is no small feat. The team is built to win - good (maybe great) OL, an excellent defense, and a solid running game. Sanchez isn't making as many mistakes, so you can see he's getting better. Ryan does bring a confident attitude to the players and seems as if he'll take the heat for them, as long as they're doing their job.

What I don't like is the brashness. It was refreshing at first, but it's gotten old very quickly. I'm all for a confident attitude, but when you don't win anything and keep opening your mouth and blowing out hot air, it's tiring to listen to. The players are also feeding off of this - they're talking sh*t to the rest of the world about how great they are and they haven't won a thing - not even the division. At least during the Parcells era, they didn't shoot their mouth off.

Plus, since I live in a Jets market, it's all I see. I haven't liked the Jets for years and the attention they're getting these days is becoming sickening.

Yeah, I don't get the over-the-top hatred for R.R. around here. While obviously no fan of the Jets, I respect the job that he has done. - Two straight AFC Championship appearances is quite an accomplishment.- The guy declares that he didn't "come here to kiss Belichick's ring" then proceeds to end a 9 year losing streak to the Pats.

He will be the Andy Reid of the AFC, a bunch of conference title games and maybe one SB that they lose.

I have respect for what he's done - taking a team to 2 straight AFC championship games is no small feat. The team is built to win - good (maybe great) OL, an excellent defense, and a solid running game. Sanchez isn't making as many mistakes, so you can see he's getting better. Ryan does bring a confident attitude to the players and seems as if he'll take the heat for them, as long as they're doing their job.

What I don't like is the brashness. It was refreshing at first, but it's gotten old very quickly. I'm all for a confident attitude, but when you don't win anything and keep opening your mouth and blowing out hot air, it's tiring to listen to. The players are also feeding off of this - they're talking sh*t to the rest of the world about how great they are and they haven't won a thing - not even the division. At least during the Parcells era, they didn't shoot their mouth off.

Plus, since I live in a Jets market, it's all I see. I haven't liked the Jets for years and the attention they're getting these days is becoming sickening.

Thats a great point and i think thats what bugs me the most. Its the constant look at me look at me that Rex Ryan has installed in NJ that has gotten old. Until you Win something besides a playoff game, like say the division and the super bowl then you can talk. But Rex has been in 3 championship games and has lost all them...talking smack the whole way

Yeah, this is pretty close to my feelings, too. I think Rex is a GREAT coach...really do. And I have NO ISSUE with the talk...but you MUST back it up or if you fail, man up and take the heat. What he did yesterday was the sign of a bully blowhard.

You say "we are the best, we are the best, we are the best".....then lose...and say "nobody has a right to criqitue us?"

Thats bush leauge.

Edited by RkFast

I love all the celebration of the Pats/Jets failure by Bills fans.

Has everyone forgotten that the Bills are the worst team in the AFC East? And close to being the worst team in the league?

Do we have no humility?

Celebrating the failure of winners makes us feel like we're not so far from them.

Would you like us to write sympathy cards to Ryan and Belicheck? Gimme a break. These guys stomp the Bills yearly, the least we can do is enjoy their failure. Barring that, the only other choice is turning off the TV after December.