Palmer wants out of Cincy

Palmer wants out of Cincy. I wonder if Marvin Lewis would've come back if he knew this. My bet is he ends up in San Fran for a 4th** rounder. BTW , there is no way I want this guy in a Bills uni. He's a shell of his former self and ever since he blew out his knee he hasn't been the same.

Thoughts?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/carson-palmer-wants-out-of-cincinnati/

Edited by stevecana

Palmer wants out of Cincy. I wonder if Marvin Lewis would've come back if he knew this. My bet is he ends up in San Fran for a 3rd rounder. BTW , there is no way I want this guy in a Bills uni. He's a shell of his former self and ever since he blew out his knee he hasn't been the same.

Thoughts?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/carson-palmer-wants-out-of-cincinnati/

Bad. Although he looked good in their last game. I'd still take Fitz over him.

Palmer wants out of Cincy. I wonder if Marvin Lewis would've come back if he knew this. My bet is he ends up in San Fran for a 4th** rounder. BTW , there is no way I want this guy in a Bills uni. He's a shell of his former self and ever since he blew out his knee he hasn't been the same.

Thoughts?

He injured his knee in the playoffs in his second season. He went to the Pro Bowl the following year and he's thrown for 4000 yards twice since. I think he's over the knee injury.

The issue is his elbow that has bothered him since 2008 and has refused to have surgery on to repair:

The cause of Carson Palmer's sore elbow was later diagnosed as a partially torn ligament and tendon and he was shelved for the remainder of the season. Palmer elected not to undergo Tommy John surgery to repair the damage; instead, he chose to rest the elbow to allow it to heal. By March 2009, Palmer said that he was "100 percent" again.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carson_Palmer

I don't think he helps the Bills.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Carson Palmer doesn't help the Bills get any better as a player...BUT...this does really help our draft position if Palmer is indeed traded.

That would make the Bengals need to draft a QB much higher...say if they have Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert targeted at #4 now and a QB starved team like the Vikings or Niners also want that same QB? Well now the likelihood of them trading up to #3 to jump ahead of the Bengals just increased dramatically, didnt it?

Lets keep our fingers crossed he's not on the Bengals roster when the Draft rolls around.

Edited by BillsGuyInOrchardPark

Carson Palmer doesn't help the Bills get any better as a player...BUT...this does really help our draft position if Palmer is indeed traded.

That would make the Bengals need to draft a QB much higher...say if they have Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert targeted at #4 now and a QB starved team like the Vikings or Niners also want that same QB? Well now the likelihood of them trading up to #3 to jump ahead of the Bengals just increased dramatically, didnt it?

Lets keep our fingers crossed he's not on the Bengals roster when the Draft rolls around.

Devils advocate saying he won't be released, so it would have to be a trade. Player trades can't happen til a new CBA it's looking like. Even if he did get traded, it would be to one of those teams who would now not have to trade up. If it did happen I read best case (and it's good!) is to trade back to Arizona, pick up some mid round fluff (say a 3 and a 4 or something- not looking at the chart) and get dareus for less money.

1 - fairley

2- Peterson

3- insert qb

4 - bowers

5 - dareus.

1 - fairley

2 - bowers

3 - qb

4 - aj green

5 - dareus

Even if we miss out on points I think an Arizona trade is great, and feasible. Can't hurt to have Whaley given there Pittsburgh ties as well. Plus Arizona needs to show fitz that he will have a qb or he's a goner.

If they see a qb the like this is exactly the type of trade we could give them cheap, almost certainly get the guy I want still and get him cheaply while giving an extra pick (ie quality player or ammo to move up).

Thoughts?

No, thanks. Not an upgrade, IMHO. We already have one Cincy castoff in Fitz and, unlike Palmer, at least Fitz can run.

Thoughts?

he wants out? He was horrible last year and now he is trying to pass the buck? Wow...

Injuries aside Carson Palmer has been an above average QB in the NFL. The guy has had 6 seasons with over 3,000 yards passing. He has a good completion percentage 62.9% and 154 tds in 97 games & only 100 picks. Fitz doesn't have his track record, but I would be inclined to pass given Fitz is 3 years younger and hasn't had the injuries that Palmer incurred. If this was going down last year I would take him. The NFC West could be greatly improved next year with Vince Young, Kevin Kolb, Donovan McNabb & Carson Palmer likely looking to land out West. Palmer would be a good fit in 'Zona with Fitzgerald & the other receivers they have there. Palmer likely has 4 or 5 good years left and would be statisically near Jim Kelly 35,000 yards passing 235tds by the time he hangs up his cleats.

Devils advocate saying he won't be released, so it would have to be a trade. Player trades can't happen til a new CBA it's looking like. Even if he did get traded, it would be to one of those teams who would now not have to trade up. If it did happen I read best case (and it's good!) is to trade back to Arizona, pick up some mid round fluff (say a 3 and a 4 or something- not looking at the chart) and get dareus for less money.

To go from 5 to 3 is still a 2nd rounder.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

It seems like every QB that is ever mentioned on this board always gets trashed. Its so funny to me how Ryan Fitzpatrick IS EVEN IN THE SAME DISCUSSION as players like Vince Young, Carson Palmer, and Donovan McNabb. The guy has a big heart, and plays really tough, but guys get real. He is not a world class QB. Carson Palmer would start on about 22 teams in the NFL. Ryan Fitzpatrick has never had a starting gig besides this year. This fantastic year where he led us to our best draft pick in like 20 years. There is a fine line between backing your player, and stupidity. Also, let me add one more comment. Marvin Lewis is the problem in Cincinnati, NOT Carson Palmer

Edited by coseybedaman

Its so funny to me how Ryan Fitzpatrick IS EVEN IN THE SAME DISCUSSION as players like Vince Young, Carson Palmer, and Donovan McNabb.

I'm sure there's someone out there who thinks that Peyton being mentioned in the same breath as Edwards is funny too. Just because you think it, doesn't make it gold.

It seems like every QB that is ever mentioned on this board always gets trashed. Its so funny to me how Ryan Fitzpatrick IS EVEN IN THE SAME DISCUSSION as players like Vince Young, Carson Palmer, and Donovan McNabb. The guy has a big heart, and plays really tough, but guys get real. He is not a world class QB. Carson Palmer would start on about 22 teams in the NFL. Ryan Fitzpatrick has never had a starting gig besides this year. This fantastic year where he led us to our best draft pick in like 20 years. There is a fine line between backing your player, and stupidity. Also, let me add one more comment. Marvin Lewis is the problem in Cincinnati, NOT Carson Palmer

You are 100% right. The only question Young got right on the wonderlic was "name" and Palmer has no heart.... McNabb has 1-2 seasons left in the tank at most. These guys are not worth mentioning when discusing the Bills quarterback position.

Fact of the matter Fitz showed he still has some growth potentail, he is pretty young and very bright. He will get another year of starting to see if he can become we we are all hoping for and that is a long term solution. I like the fact that our guy will be the smartest guy on the field most sundays.

There are quite a few NFL teams worse off at QB than Buf. Dolphins, Panthers, SF, Zona, (Skins if they decide to go with Rex), Minn, even B'more fans are, to my surprise, saying Flacco is a problem. I am sure there are more

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

It seems like every QB that is ever mentioned on this board always gets trashed. Its so funny to me how Ryan Fitzpatrick IS EVEN IN THE SAME DISCUSSION as players like Vince Young, Carson Palmer, and Donovan McNabb. The guy has a big heart, and plays really tough, but guys get real. He is not a world class QB.

Did you stop watching football in 2007?

Thoughts?

looks like the jets or the bears need a QB. at least palmer has some guts

Who on Earth cares how smart Ryan Fitzpatrick is?? Are you serious?? Yeah I stopped watching football back in 07. That was back when Vince Young was 31-17 as a starter. OH WAIT! THATS NOW! Fitzpatrick does have a lot of smarts, however it certainly has NEVER kept him from making stupid decisions on Sunday. I usually am a big Fitzpatrick supporter, however the morons on this board who think he is a starting QB in this league make me sick. Fitzpatrick heads that LONG LIST of ivy league stars who go on to NFL stardom!!! NOT AT ALL!!

P.S. As far as not knowing who Edwards is, I still am unsure about who you are referring to. I am truly hoping you did not include TRENT EDWARDS in a QB discussion. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but I am seeing that I may have been wrong. When the wonderlic becomes an NFL statistic let me know, but for right now I will look at the real stats. I wont even bring out the win/loss record because that is just laughable.

TD/INT Ratios

Ryan Fitzpatrick- 44td, 42 int

Carson Palmer- 158td, 100 int

Donovan McNabb- 230td, 115 int

Vince Young- 42td, 42 int (however 31-17 win loss record, 1320 rushing yards, 12 rushing tds)

Who on Earth cares how smart Ryan Fitzpatrick is?? Are you serious?? Yeah I stopped watching football back in 07. That was back when Vince Young was 31-17 as a starter. OH WAIT! THATS NOW! Fitzpatrick does have a lot of smarts, however it certainly has NEVER kept him from making stupid decisions on Sunday.

I missed the part where Vince Young played with a terrible team and coaching staff surrounding him and single-handedly willed his team to victory.

I missed the part where Vince Young played with a terrible team and coaching staff surrounding him and single-handedly willed his team to victory.

you mean like in 06 when as a rookie on a team that was bad enough to get the #3 pick he took them to 8-8 with this allstar crew? keep in mind he was personally 8-5 and had 4 late game comebacks.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/tennessee-titans/roster/2006

or when his team was good enough to start 0-6 and he finished 8-2. i know cop speed helped A LOT but.....he was there the first 6 games too. think having to account for vince helped his season too?

Who on Earth cares how smart Ryan Fitzpatrick is?? Are you serious?? Yeah I stopped watching football back in 07. That was back when Vince Young was 31-17 as a starter. OH WAIT! THATS NOW! Fitzpatrick does have a lot of smarts, however it certainly has NEVER kept him from making stupid decisions on Sunday. I usually am a big Fitzpatrick supporter, however the morons on this board who think he is a starting QB in this league make me sick. Fitzpatrick heads that LONG LIST of ivy league stars who go on to NFL stardom!!! NOT AT ALL!!

P.S. As far as not knowing who Edwards is, I still am unsure about who you are referring to. I am truly hoping you did not include TRENT EDWARDS in a QB discussion. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but I am seeing that I may have been wrong. When the wonderlic becomes an NFL statistic let me know, but for right now I will look at the real stats. I wont even bring out the win/loss record because that is just laughable.

TD/INT Ratios

Ryan Fitzpatrick- 44td, 42 int

Carson Palmer- 158td, 100 int

Donovan McNabb- 230td, 115 int

Vince Young- 42td, 42 int (however 31-17 win loss record, 1320 rushing yards, 12 rushing tds)

I DONT know WHY you HAVE to write your POSTS like this. Either YOUR JUST dumb or you think people HEAR YOU better when YOU TYPE WITH CAPS!

you mean like in 06 when as a rookie on a team that was bad enough to get the #3 pick he took them to 8-8 with this allstar crew? keep in mind he was personally 8-5 and had 4 late game comebacks.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/tennessee-titans/roster/2006

or when his team was good enough to start 0-6 and he finished 8-2. i know cop speed helped A LOT but.....he was there the first 6 games too. think having to account for vince helped his season too?

No player is personally anything as far as a W-L record goes. Also, look at the 2009 schedule and tell me it was Vince and not the teams they faced in weeks 1-6 vs 7-16.

No player is personally anything as far as a W-L record goes. Also, look at the 2009 schedule and tell me it was Vince and not the teams they faced in weeks 1-6 vs 7-16.

im not saying hes our savior but i do think hes underrated. i dont think its solely him, but such drastic and sudden changes in a team must mean soooomething. im not advocating him for buff, but it seems like hes not awful.

Vince Young has single handedly won so many games for that team. To say a win/loss record for a starting quarterback is meaningless is completely ridiculous. That is how a QB is measured in this league. As long as the Bills think they are going to answer the QB question with mediocore players like Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Brian Brohm, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rob Johnson, and Todd Collins, we will be drafting in the top ten every year. How about raising the level of play in Buffalo? How about getting a star QB? It seems like every other team in the league gets their franchise QB when they are available, but we always think we have the answer on the bench. WE might AS WELL let STEVEcana QUARTERBACK the TEAM. HE SEEms LiKE A HARVARD graDUATE as WELL!!!!! (was that good for you)

He's got way to much money left on his contract for any one to pick him up . The only place IF he goes anywhere that i can see him moving to would be Seattle to be reunited with Carrol.

But from what they are saying Cinci isn't going to let him go any where . Besides he had good talent at WR , TO had a really good year Palmer was the one stinkin up the joint !!!

He had a bunch of int's this year !!! I think Marvin's had plenty of time to prove himself though !!

I actually think that the 49ers and Vikings will be in play. The Vikes are win now easily willing to give up a 4th this season plus a conditional 5th next season that could elevate to a 4th or 3rd. The 49ers could likely give up a 3rd this season for Palmer. Both don't have much at QB nor is there a lot out there in the draft.

Expect Mcnabb or Palmer to go to the Vikings as they are win now and don't have much at QB. The Redskins, 49ers, and Cardinals will likely go after the one Minny fails to get.

Either way a team starved for a QB could get a good 2-3 year run with Palmer. The guy should get his elbow issue worked out as its likely lingering and hindering his performance. He tops out at better then average not going to be an elite QB like he showed potential to be but you can win with him.

Edited by billsfan89

Bengs would be out of their minds if they can get a 2nd or 3rd and dont move him. Where are they going in the next year or 2 with this guy? no where. + he doesnt want to play there. Shed Palmer and his contract, draft your QB of the future and move on. Palmer era should be over ... it didnt work out.