"Have A Good One"

H2o

Everyone has things that get under their skin, worn out cliches and vague conversation. The "have a good one" thing is mine. Have a good what? What does that even mean? What does the "one" represent? I could be a bank robber on the way to the next job, so does that mean "have a good robbery"? I could be a serial killer, so does that mean "have a good killing spree"? A co-worker and myself have a laugh about this stuff every so often, as we try to use the other's pet peeves in general conversation as often as possible. This statement alone symbolizes to me our mentality now days. Everyone is so vague with, disconnected from each other that we pass people along with an insincere "have a good one" and go about our way.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has things that get under their skin, worn out cliches and vague conversation. The "have a good one" thing is mine. Have a good what? What does that even mean? What does the "one" represent? I could be a bank robber on the way to the next job, so does that mean "have a good robbery"? I could be a serial killer, so does that mean "have a good killing spree"? A co-worker and myself have a laugh about this stuff every so often, as we try to use the other's pet peeves in general conversation as often as possible. This statement alone symbolizes to me our mentality now days. Everyone is so vague with, disconnected from each other that we pass people along with an insincere "have a good one" and go about our way.

"back in the day"

"how are we doing"

"sorry I'm late"

"physicality"

"athleticism"

hey it could be worse

be thankful for what you go, cause some people don't have anything

I really don't care if it could be worse....I'm kind of not happy because it's currently bad

and the second one ........jeebus! I can't stand when people compare other people's life to theirs and yours.

Dude, chill out.

That wasn't directed at you...that's the one I hate. :D

Oh well, to each his own. Have a good one.

If your telling someone something and they respond with "O no he didnt" or "What did he say?" "He said what?"

Ex)

Me; So John Jumped the fence to get in

Response; "No he did not." or "He did what!?

Ex 2)

Me; John said he was going to jump the fence

Response; He said what?

Also when someone tells you to shut up as a response to a story. Not really meaning shut up but, meaning "shut up, no way"

Didn't realize that StuckinCincy was back. :rolleyes:

Basically, at the end of the day, it is what it is. You know?

I also cringe when companies try to use "cool" pop culture catch-phrases like "oh yes we did" or "I'm lovin it"

...and people who say "YOWZA!" WTF is that?

Edited by Rob's House