Sanchez vs Fitzpatrick

Dorkington

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better? Sanchez or Fitzpatrick?

• Sanchez
    • Fitzpatrick
    • Equal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly they both play very similar when they limit their mistakes. Sanchez does that better though, and obviously has progressed quicker. Would go with Sanchez but closer than you think.

Put it this way...if they traded places would there be a huge difference either way in the final record this season?

Sanchez has the HUGE advantage of that D... Please spare me anything about him playing in the AFC Championship game. The kid is good and has room to grow, BUT the only reason that he's still playing is because of that defense and that coaching staff.

I say good day!

I say the Jets are a much better football team than the Bills. Better oline/dline/wr's/te's/rb's/ dline/lb's/secondary and coaching staff. Sanchez had a 75 qb rating and completed under 55% of his passes this year, however the team around him affords him the opportunity to cover up his mistakes. He was a 1st rd pick for a reason though and more physically talented than Fitzpatrick. So I'd have to say Sanchez, but his regular season play makes that decision a bit tougher, than if you're looking at face value jmo.

This isn't about the team they are playing on, this is about the player.

Dorkington, you will never succeed at separating the two. Football is a team game, and the player looks better when the pieces around him are better.

It's no accident that Hasselbeck has had many mediocre years of mid-fifties completion percentage/QB ratings in '70s and 4-5 years where it jumped. Better WR targets, better line play, effective coaching, team that clicked.

Can you find me a QB who has really had totally great stats on what's generally recognized as a totally sucky team - spotty WR play, suspect or injury ridden OL, etc?

Sanchez has had a lot of late game clutch performances this year.

Where did all those "Snachez sucks" guys go? come on out fellas!

I don’t see how anyone could vote for Fitz here. Sanchez wins close games with TD passes and Fitz throws INTs and the Bills lose. Add in the fact that Sanchez is a 2nd year QB with untapped potential and Fitz is maxing out his physical abilities and you get a clear-cut winner. Sanchez is much better because of the (lack of) turnovers alone.

I don’t see how anyone could vote for Fitz here. Sanchez wins close games with TD passes and Fitz throws INTs and the Bills lose. Add in the fact that Sanchez is a 2nd year QB with untapped potential and Fitz is maxing out his physical abilities and you get a clear-cut winner. Sanchez is much better because of the (lack of) turnovers alone.

Seriously??? What a terrible point. Let's ignore that the Jets have the best OL & MS doesn't get brethed on. Plus, he has 3 former #1 receivers & a really good young TE. Coming into the season, the Bills had one of the worst olines & Lee Evans.

If you switched Fitz & Sanchez, the Jets probably have less losses. The Bills would have the #1 overall pick. Sanchez is JP Losman on a much, much better team.

Sanchez has the HUGE advantage of that D... Please spare me anything about him playing in the AFC Championship game. The kid is good and has room to grow, BUT the only reason that he's still playing is because of that defense and that coaching staff.

I say good day!

Yes, he has that D. But the D doesn't make that superbly accurate throw on the fade to Santonio Holmes for a TD. That was a thing of beauty. Great catch for sure by a superior athlete, but the view of that throw from the back corner of the endzone showed that the pass was laser-like. Sorry, but it's Sanchez.