Sanchez vs Fitzpatrick

Dorkington

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better? Sanchez or Fitzpatrick?

• Sanchez
    • Fitzpatrick
    • Equal

Who's better in your opinion?

Let's see? One has 5 or 6 years in the league as an occasional starter on last place teams. The other is in his second year in the NFL and second AFC Championship game? Wow, tough question. Who would answer Fitzy with a straight face and/or unbiased opinion? Answer: Nobody.

Put Fitzbeard on the Jets and then see who's better.

PTR

If he was on the Jets he would be a backup, just like he would an any above average team in the NFL. So you wouldn't gain anything by putting him on the Jets, other than seeing how well he holds a clipboard and runs the scout team. Kinda like he did here at the beginning of the year when he was beat out by Trent Edwards.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously??? What a terrible point. Let's ignore that the Jets have the best OL & MS doesn't get brethed on. Plus, he has 3 former #1 receivers & a really good young TE. Coming into the season, the Bills had one of the worst olines & Lee Evans.

If you switched Fitz & Sanchez, the Jets probably have less losses. The Bills would have the #1 overall pick. Sanchez is JP Losman on a much, much better team.

My point is not terrible. My point is when the Jets are late in the game, Fitz (who would be a backup to Sanchez but that’s not the point) would throw an interception to the other team and lose his team the game. Sanchez did the opposite and won his team games. Its really easy to see. Take of you Bills colored glasses and open up to the fact the Sanchez might actually be good, and Fitz is still a pretty good backup.

Put Sanchez on the Bills and lets see how great he looks. Fitz put up better numbers than Sanchez on a much worse team, with 2 games less. Enough said.

My point is not terrible. My point is when the Jets are late in the game, Fitz (who would be a backup to Sanchez but thats not the point) would throw an interception to the other team and lose his team the game. Sanchez did the opposite and won his team games. Its really easy to see. Take of you Bills colored glasses and open up to the fact the Sanchez might actually be good, and Fitz is still a pretty good backup.

Fitz is on a team where he knows he has to push the envelope and make things happen. Sanchez is on a team where he knows all he has to do is not turn the ball over and hand it off, and they'll have a really good shot at winning. There's a big difference in mindsets.

Fitz: 3000 yds, 23td, 15int, 81.8 rating (w/2 fewer games) on a team with so much talent it's drafting at #3.

Sanchez: 3291yds, 17td, 13int, 75.3 rating with two elite WR's, one HOF running back, all-pro O-line, and a top 5 defense.

Ya, sanchez is LIGHTYEARS ahead... :rolleyes:

Edited by bobobonators

Put Sanchez on the Bills and lets see how great he looks. Fitz put up better numbers than Sanchez on a much worse team, with 2 games less. Enough said.

Fitz is on a team where he knows he has to push the envelope and make things happen. Sanchez is on a team where he knows all he has to do is not turn the ball over and hand it off, and they'll have a really good shot at winning. There's a big difference in mindsets.

How is an OT or tight game different regardless of whats around you? Put your stas away cause they dont mean crap. You have to score, on this drive, to win. When Sanchez has had that challenge, he threw TD passes. When Fits has had the same challenge, he turned the ball over. Add in the fact he has accuracy and arm strength issues and you get a turnover prone (19 turnovers in 13 games) and you have a backup QB.

One guy comes through in the clutch, the other doesnt. The one that does come through has a better overall arm and is in his 2nd year. The one that doesnt lacks accuracy and arm strength and has likely maxed out his abilities. Its really not even close. If you polled America like ESPN does (to eliminate any homers) I bet all 50 states would vote Sanchez.

Edited by Thoner7

do I get his defense too ? If it's just the players Fitz is a lot better than Sanchez not really very close but if I get the Jets defense with him I'll take Sanchez or any other NFL QB that comes with the Jets D and that O-line.

While we're bargaining let's see if we can get them to throw in the receivers and TE too.

How is an OT or tight game different regardless of whats around you? Put your stas away cause they dont mean crap. You have to score, on this drive, to win. When Sanchez has had that challenge, he threw TD passes. When Fits has had the same challenge, he turned the ball over. Add in the fact he has accuracy and arm strength issues and you get a turnover prone (19 turnovers in 13 games) and you have a backup QB.

One guy comes through in the clutch, the other doesn’t. The one that does come through has a better overall arm and is in his 2nd year. The one that doesn’t lacks accuracy and arm strength and has likely maxed out his abilities. Its really not even close. If you polled America like ESPN does (to eliminate any homers) I bet all 50 states would vote Sanchez.

Keep telling yourself that. Your "clutch" argument is all relative and highly subjective. What happened in each of those "clutch" games for the events to transpire in the way they did? You have to break down every single play of every single game in order for you to even begin to have an argument that's capable of being valid.

Also, Sanchez had 18 total turnovers (conveniently not mentioned)..again LIGHTYEARS better i suppose. :rolleyes:

Of course most of the homies are going to proclaim Fitz is better then Brady and Manning....His won / loss record speaks for itself, the Bills are still looking for their "franchise" QB. That said, I'd rather see the Bills build the lines before they draft a "franchise" QB

Don't be cute. The thread and question is simple enough: Sanchez vs. Fitz. How are you going to measure that? With stats. For those who are against stats in this case (the pro-Sanchez group, b/c if we were to use stats, then surely Sanchez would easily lose), they argue win/losses and "clutchness." Well, if you're going to use that argument, then one HAS to also take into account who has the better players around them..and in that case, it's without a doubt, Sanchez, who has the MUCH better supporting cast. To have a clutch moment requires more than one player. Was SJ's drop clutch against PITT? Was Nelson's fumble against the Ravens clutch? How about Lindell's missed FG to win the game?

The question is simple. Lets not deviate by going into the subjective.

Edited by bobobonators

People are voting for Sanchez? :unsure:

Not only voting for him, quite passionate about it! He must be the key reason the Jets are in the AFC Champ game.

#3 D in the AFC (after Stillers and Ravens), a strong OL, and top-notch wideouts have not much impact.

Sanchez lifetime: 54.4% completion, 6.6 YPA, rating 70.2

Fitz lifetime: 57.8% completion, 6.0 YPA, rating 73

Sanchez 2010: 54.8% completion, 6.5 YPA, rating 75.3

Fitz 2010: 57.8% completion, 6.8 YPA, rating 81.8

But one of them is on a winning team heading for the championship and one of them...is not.

Sanchez is 4 years younger, I'll give him that. And has curly hair.

Don't be cute. The thread and question is simple enough: Sanchez vs. Fitz. How are you going to measure that? With stats. For those who are against stats in this case (the pro-Sanchez group, b/c if we were to use stats, then surely Sanchez would easily lose), they argue win/losses and "clutchness." Well, if you're going to use that argument, then one HAS to also take into account who has the better players around them..and in that case, it's without a doubt, Sanchez, who has the MUCH better supporting cast. To have a clutch moment requires more than one player. Was SJ's drop clutch against PITT? Was Nelson's fumble against the Ravens clutch? How about Lindell's missed FG to win the game?

The question is simple. Lets not deviate by going into the subjective.

yea well, let me know when Fitz throws 3 TD's and has a 127 passer rating against the Patriots on their home turf... in a playoff game!

Get a freaking grip, fitz blows and is nothing more then a good backup. The Buffalo Bills are so far removed from the Patriots and Jets right now its stupid to even compare anything about either team.

yea well, let me know when Fitz throws 3 TD's and has a 127 passer rating against the Patriots on their home turf... in a playoff game!

Get a freaking grip, fitz blows and is nothing more then a good backup. The Buffalo Bills are so far removed from the Patriots and Jets right now its stupid to even compare anything about either team.

Thank you. You said it yourself. But yet Fitz still had better stats than Sanchez this season. Cheers.

I'm sure you weren't raving about Sanchez during the first half when he overthrew half of his receivers..the difference between a TEAM like the Jets and the Bills is that the Jets were able to shut down the pats while Sanchez struggled, whereas the Bills D would've given up 21 points during that same period. No second chances for Fitz.

Again, Fitz had much better stats than Sanchez in 2010. Concrete fact. End of story.

Thank you. You said it yourself. But yet Fitz still had better stats than Sanchez this season. Cheers.

I'm sure you weren't raving about Sanchez during the first half when he overthrew half of his receivers..the difference between a TEAM like the Jets and the Bills is that the Jets were able to shut down the pats while Sanchez struggled, whereas the Bills D would've given up 21 points during that same period. No second chances for Fitz.

Again, Fitz had much better stats than Sanchez in 2010. Concrete fact. End of story.

Stats are for losers and are meaningless fluff, fitz is a good backup who won 4 games this year against bad teams, try comparing QB's again when he LEADS a team to the playoffs or even beats the Patriots once!

I made a similar post eariler this year around the time the Bills played the Bears asking who was better Fitz or Cutler, as you can imagine most homies took Fitz.

So far Fitz has outright shown he isn't a winner, until the guy can lead a team into a winning season i'd say this thread is moot.

Sanchez has the HUGE advantage of that D... Please spare me anything about him playing in the AFC Championship game. The kid is good and has room to grow, BUT the only reason that he's still playing is because of that defense and that coaching staff.

I say good day!

I agree and I find the "GOOD DAY!" to be hilarious. I mean seriously back in the day that was the meanest thing someone could say....just basically telling you to have a nice day in a snarky way. Haha...my how far our society has come since then.

Stats are for losers and are meaningless fluff, fitz is a good backup who won 4 games this year against bad teams, try comparing QB's again when he LEADS a team to the playoffs or even beats the Patriots once!

I made a similar post eariler this year around the time the Bills played the Bears asking who was better Fitz or Cutler, as you can imagine most homies took Fitz.

So far Fitz has outright shown he isn't a winner, until the guy can lead a team into a winning season i'd say this thread is moot.

lmao..stats are for losers? OK.

The question was Sanchez vs. Fitz, not Jets vs. Bills. You're arguing two different things, but you're too blind to realize the difference.

You just said yourself how the jets are so much more superior to the bills, but yet then go on to use W/L as your argument b/c "stats are for losers." Of course. I won't even bother trying to distinguish how your argument is illogical.

Forget the teams they play on. Take them both and pick a middle of the road team that just missed the playoffs. Does either one of them take that team and make it better enough to get over the hump and into the dance? In that scenario, I'll take the smart guy. Not that Sanchez hasn't done what he needs to do, but neutral playing situation goes to the guy with quicker eyes and brain -- maybe even quicker feet and release.

Fitz over Sanchez, but not by much.