Dave Wannstedt expected to talk to Bills

FluffHead

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

George Edwards is in over his head. I don't trust his ability to properly scheme for an opponent at all. I'd love to see a guy like Wanny in here.

Pure Speculation: George Edwards would be ILB coach where he has experience. Wanny and others will be considered for DC. Chan has realized he needs a strong D coordinator because he ended up spending too much time on the D during the year and it wore him out plus his passion is O...

Edited by JoeF

George Edwards is in over his head. I don't trust his ability to properly scheme for an opponent at all. I'd love to see a guy like Wanny in here.

Would he be in a little more under his head if we had Fairly or Heyward instead of the no-talents like the guys we had and the guy who retired last off season?

or maybe we are switching back to 4-3, targeting fairley or bowers as better fits in the line and will no longer need the newly created 3-4 ILB coach position

This actually makes a good amount of sense. There are a lot more 4-3 D-linemen near the top of the draft...lot of them would need converting to 3-4 which would be risky. Plus it's not like we've completely re-tooled the LBs for 3-4 at this point and we know most of our current D-linemen are better suited for a four man front. Switching back should be relatively painless.

Edited by MattyT

Would he be in a little more under his head if we had Fairly or Heyward instead of the no-talents like the guys we had and the guy who retired last off season?

lol...of course, talent is vital. But did you really get the impression that this guy is any sort of a great defensive mind or anything close to that? Perry Fewell had the defense playing above their talent level, because he could game plan for the opponent, make adjustments, etc. I don't expect us to be able to bring in one of the elite defensive minds in the game like a Dick LeBeau, Belichick, Kiffin, etc...but we at least need someone who can use what we have to the best of their ability, and I don't think we really have that currently. We have it on offense with Gailey...now we need a strategist to coordinate the defense.

lol...of course, talent is vital. But did you really get the impression that this guy is any sort of a great defensive mind or anything close to that? Perry Fewell had the defense playing above their talent level, because he could game plan for the opponent, make adjustments, etc. I don't expect us to be able to bring in one of the elite defensive minds in the game like a Dick LeBeau, Belichick, Kiffin, etc...but we at least need someone who can use what we have to the best of their ability, and I don't think we really have that currently. We have it on offense with Gailey...now we need a strategist to coordinate the defense.

We knew we would take a major step back with the move to the 3-4 this past season- our DL's were hardly big enough to play 4-3. With one draft to get ready, we couldn't adjust the personel much. It would have helped if Mr. Overrate Aaron skoobel stayed, but he bailed on us.

jauron?