In The Wake of Recent Disciplinary Action

H2o

I've never understood why people get so upset when a college kid accepts gifts. Unless I missed something else, I don't see how that's nearly as bad as say, sexual assault, murder, dog killing, hit and run, etc etc. And yet those players are in the league with no real issue.

That being said, I don't think we need to grab a QB *this* draft. But maybe the next.

Though, I guess there might be two drafts before the next season, eh?

Just for reference, walterfootball was the one draft blog last year claiming that Jimmy Clausen should be taken #1 over Bradford and was the best QB in the draft class.

Also keep in mind that your draft grade is based on how close a team's picks come to theirs.

PTR

Just for reference, walterfootball was the one draft blog last year claiming that Jimmy Clausen should be taken #1 over Bradford and was the best QB in the draft class.

True.

They also said this:

"General manager Buddy Nix was with the Chargers when they drafted Philip Rivers. He seemingly knows what he's doing."

oops.

If we take Pryor in the 2nd Round I'd be ticked. Fairley would be a good selection IMO, but I think we would need to follow up in Round 2 with the best OT on the board. I don't think Pryor fits anything we're doing here unless Gailey is gonna try to run the Spread/Option in the NFL.

I've never understood why people get so upset when a college kid accepts gifts. Unless I missed something else, I don't see how that's nearly as bad as say, sexual assault, murder, dog killing, hit and run, etc etc. And yet those players are in the league with no real issue.

Agreed - accepting gifts is not as bad as assault, murder, dog fighting/killing, etc....but it's still against the rules. I'll maintain that if someone breaks the rules or commits a crime in college (or while being recruited), what's to say they won't try to do it while playing professionally?

It's a trust issue. If I was Buddy Nix, why would I want to invest my team's time & money on a guy who could eventually do something stupid and end up not playing for you (or in Vick's case - for someone else down the road)? Yes, he may have learned his lesson and never do anything again, but you need to trust him enough right now in order to draft that person.

Unless there are other circumstances around it (every case could be different, of course), I'd have a hard time drafting a player whose morals come into question.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Please no, to Pryor. Although I couldn't care less about accepting $$/gifts. Some of these kids' families are really bad off - a pretty easy decision if you are in that situation. Just don't do it if you cannot afford to get caught. Wait until you are ready for the NFL, then you can take the $$ and run to the Draft.

Someone asked "What does "fits Chan Galiey's offense" mean, exaclty?" Stong armed & mobile, not just a pocket passer. Likes fearless gunslingers too. That's why he likes Fitz so much and why he may be content to wait on picking a QB until the right one comes along. Instead of Pryor, I think he will like Newton more.

Bottom line, THEY have to analyze all the options and players and their character, the THEY have to make the choice. If they draft Wally Cox from Daemen - we all need to pull for little Wally to be great!! Regardless of who we pick, we need him to pay dividends - immediate dividends if at all possible!!

Please no, to Pryor. Although I couldn't care less about accepting $$/gifts. Some of these kids' families are really bad off - a pretty easy decision if you are in that situation. Just don't do it if you cannot afford to get caught. Wait until you are ready for the NFL, then you can take the $$ and run to the Draft.

Someone asked "What does "fits Chan Galiey's offense" mean, exaclty?" Stong armed & mobile, not just a pocket passer. Likes fearless gunslingers too. That's why he likes Fitz so much and why he may be content to wait on picking a QB until the right one comes along. Instead of Pryor, I think he will like Newton more.

Bottom line, THEY have to analyze all the options and players and their character, the THEY have to make the choice. If they draft Wally Cox from Daemen - we all need to pull for little Wally to be great!! Regardless of who we pick, we need him to pay dividends - immediate dividends if at all possible!!

Pryor's family may be really bad off, but I don't think they really needed that tatoo.

Agreed - accepting gifts is not as bad as assault, murder, dog fighting/killing, etc....but it's still against the rules. I'll maintain that if someone breaks the rules or commits a crime in college (or while being recruited), what's to say they won't try to do it while playing professionally?

It's a trust issue. If I was Buddy Nix, why would I want to invest my team's time & money on a guy who could eventually do something stupid and end up not playing for you (or in Vick's case - for someone else down the road)? Yes, he may have learned his lesson and never do anything again, but you need to trust him enough right now in order to draft that person.

Unless there are other circumstances around it (every case could be different, of course), I'd have a hard time drafting a player whose morals come into question.

You wouldn't be able to draft most of the players in college then. Go to the local hospital and draft babies because they would be the only human beings who have never

done anything wrong. Selling one's own property and getting in trouble for it strikes me as asinine. Don't want Pryor because he's not that good a QB. That's the only

reason. The rest makes him no better or worse than anyone else.

What troubles me more is the notion, as suggested in the Alternate #2 scenario, of Buffalo taking AJ Green in the 1st round. No doubt he's a talent, but cutting Lee Evans and drafting Green is sorta like saying "With the number four pick in the 2011 draft, the Buffalo Bills select a $3 million payroll reduction."

Walterfootball.com is as lame as any other mock draft sight. They know little about the teams they're writing about. Most guys on this board could make as decent if not better mock draft than the so called "experts".

In round 3 he has us picking Titus Young out of Boise St. to be a deep threat for Pryor. Because Lee Evans is due 8.4 million next year.

The guy likes to take a shot at the Bills every chance he gets. And while the Bills do deserve criticism he uses it to be snarky instead of insightful.

With Love still on the board in the 2nd? NFW

Based on that draft I would go Bowers in the 1st.....Love in the 2nd.

Love would fit in nicely with Wood, Levitre & Wang. I know there is a joke in there somewhere.