The most annoying Christmas song is....

Just Jack

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let Nanker hear you slacking Rufus Hannassey... I mean Burl Ives... Next thing you will be doing is coming down on hominy eating...

If you are confused, Nanker knows whay I am talking about... :P

I'll have Gomer Pyle (aka Jim Nabors) on his case in a Hooterville heartbeat.

Call me a scrooge if you will, but I honestly like very, very few Christmas songs. So few that I have yet to find one. I love Christmas, don't get me wrong, but the music associated with the holiday rarely has any musical quality to it and I just cannot enjoy listening to it.

Call me a scrooge if you will, but I honestly like very, very few Christmas songs. So few that I have yet to find one. I love Christmas, don't get me wrong, but the music associated with the holiday rarely has any musical quality to it and I just cannot enjoy listening to it.

Ok, you are a scrooge......There are at least 50-100 very good to great ones. Much less not being able to find one!

Now, I do have to say when I turn on an all Christmas music station, I have to say that the songs that make me want to turn the dial are well over 50%, and I know if I turn on the Lake, it'll be more like 10%.

I wish I could find a way to download/link an incredible Christmas tune by The Three Bings...song is called "We Three Bings". It is a spot on parity of Bing Crosby, imitating Jim Morrison, to the tune of We Three Kings, as played by the Doors. It is brilliant. It is on a Christmas comp, now very hard to find, called "Blame It On Christmas Vol. 1" This is a great Christmas comp, of all kinds of eclectica Christmas music. Pick it up, if you are into that kind of thing, it is terrific!

You can hear the first 29 seconds, on this Amazon listing (it is track #15)...not the best part of the song, the intro, but I promise you, if you hear the whole thing, you will be amazed... "Swingin' Manger" is pretty cool too!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B0000012S8/ref=pd_krex_dp_001_015?ie=UTF8&track=015&disc=001

That album's going pretty cheap on eBay. $7 including shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLAME-CHRISTMAS-VOL-1-17-WEIRD-YULETIDES-CD-/380297289843

I agree with everyone who said "Christmas Shoes", "Last Christmas", and "Wonderful Christmas" as being very repulsive.

I also find Neil Diamond's "A Cherry Cherry Christmas" to be pretty bad too.

Nice avatar. :thumbsup:

I agree with everyone who said "Christmas Shoes", "Last Christmas", and "Wonderful Christmas" as being very repulsive.

I also find Neil Diamond's "A Cherry Cherry Christmas" to be pretty bad too.

Neil Diamond celebrates Christmas? Oy vey....he'll never play the Catskills again.........

You're right. There is rarely any quality Christmas music. :rolleyes:

You're right. There is rarely any quality Christmas music. :rolleyes:

To each his own. Showing me a symphony of Christmas music is definitely not going to make me like it any faster :thumbsup:

But yes, the musical quality in that video is very good, but I still can't enjoy listening to that.

Edited by SpillerTime21

"Feliz Navidad" is another annoying one.

How many times can you say the title of your song over and over and over again?

I like that one, but in moderation. I wouldn't listen to it on repeat, but if it comes on the radio, I'll listen. Now "Santa Baby" by Madonna, I can't change the station fast enough.

Thank you. It's turned into some weird hillbilly anthem. The song was tired 20 years ago. Let it go already!!

I'm glad you agree. Many of the radio stations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area refuse to play it until there is about a week left before Christmas. That's how bad it is.

"Feliz Navidad" is another annoying one.

How many times can you say the title of your song over and over and over again?

Ah....come on Mark...apparently not enough because it is played over and over each year.