Merriman hurt during practice......

sven233

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sky is falling - a LB that hasn't even played for us in the midst of our 0 - 8 season is injured, what will we do!?!

FREAK OUT MAN!

LoLoL. Exactly. Can't miss what we never had. Would have been nice if he could play, but this isn't that big a deal. At least it happened now

and not down the line. And for all we know it's not a serious injury anyway. Chillax.

LoLoL. Exactly. Can't miss what we never had. Would have been nice if he could play, but this isn't that big a deal. At least it happened now

and not down the line. And for all we know it's not a serious injury anyway. Chillax.

Don't attempt to reasons w/ the unreasonable. Some on this board simply hate the man, the claiming of him, and everything about him and will stop at nothing to here someone say "you were right we should have never signed him." Since they ignore the basic fact that we signed him risk free...they can never be reasoned with.

I still have no idea why the hell this guy is on the team to begin with...I mean seriously, there is zero chance he is here next year.

Why? Because everyone says the Bills aren't "serious about winning" if they don't sign every gimpy roided-out ex-superstar that shakes loose.

PTR

Has he been ruled out for Sunday? Or maybe just needs some ice and some stretching and will practice on Friday? Either way I'm happy to have him on the roster and helping us field more talent in the last 8 games than the first 8. There are probably 15-20 guys in uniform who won't be on our 2011 team, so I don't think that is a requirement. The reasons against Merriman:

1) Don't want Ralph to lose some money (he wouldn't spend it on another player, and he has lots, and there is no cap issue, so I don't see this as valid)

2) You think he will take playing time from someone who might be part of our future and stunt their growth (i.e. Maybin, but I think that is a silly argument, and I would expect he would have a positive impact, if any, on Maybin's development, and we don't have a lot of quality young OLBs)

3) You actually don't think he is talented enough to be on our roster if healthy. I consider this argument pretty laughable.

4) You knew he was going to be hurt and will not be able to help us because of this. Might have something here, although I would consider passing a team physical more important than tweaking something in his first practice in a long time. If he sits out Sunday or beyond, this could start to have some weight.

5) Because he is not going to play for us in 2011, you don't want him around messing up our draft order by making us a better football team. This one I am not going to touch. Because I couldn't without quoting Herm Edwards and bringing up Tim Couch and Jamarcus Russell and that Rivers and Rothlisberger are better than Eli Manning, etc.

Get some ice Merriman, and get back on the field soon.

He has not played in a couple of months, strains something in a drill, leaves the practice field, and you guys are already driving your short bus over top of him. Let's find out the complete severity of the injury before we lign him up against the wall and stone him to death. :rolleyes:

The sky is falling - a LB that hasn't even played for us in the midst of our 0 - 8 season is injured, what will we do!?!

FREAK OUT MAN!

It was an opportunity to get Kelsay off the field. I was looking forward to it. 'Freak Out' isn't exactly the right term... more like disappointment at a lost opportunity.

Somebody should be asking the question about the physical.....how does he pass then get hurt in the same place immediately?

Something fishy here

I can tell you, as a person who's ruptured their achilles something about what its like. You have good days and bad.

I can jump up and down, do one legged calf raises....i can even jog down the street (im about a year and a half out ffrom reconstruction). But as far as change of directon, torque, that kind of stuff, i can easily see shredding stuff down there. Calves, etc. Its hard for me to imagine that a person comes back from achilles reconstruction to ever be a world class athlete. Now granted, i dont work with a 100k per year trainer every day, and im old (45). But still, i can see how someone might be able to pass a physical one day, and be on the ground the next.

just tired of "false hope" in buffalo. seems like buffalo is susceptible to things like this (see spikes, bledsoe, stroud, TO, etc etc)

No, you're right. It is so much better when we just laugh at this team and always expect the absolute worst. I mean hell why even watch any games ever again? We all know the Bills will never be any good ever so we should all just watch paint dry and never have hope in the Bills again. If this franchise ever does turn around I wonder how many people like you will claim they "Always believed in the team." :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: