Vikings Waive Randy Moss

5 Wide

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills have first crack at him on waivers.....PASS !!

OK,... someone has to say it

Moss opposite Lee Evans would light up the league. With Roscoe Parrish in the slot they'd be unstoppable. Add in David Nelson and there would 2 tall guys to throw to on 3rd down.

Stevie Johnson to the inactive list... sorry.

Couldn't keep a straight face typing that....

I hope one of these two things happen:

A) Moss is claimed by the Bills- mainly as punishment, not because the Bills brass or I want him... just to make his life miserable. Sign him and let him play Pine End opposite Maybin. Seeing him sit it out in the freezing Buffalo cold for the rest of the year and miss the playoffs with a wineless team would be justice.

B) Moss is claimed by the Bungels. Imagine having all three whack-job WR's on the same team? Catfight...

On NFLN they're saying that if he clears waivers, the Pats will re-sign him. Can you imagine if that happens? Good lord. Total Belichik thing to do, lol. Fortunately I don't think he'll clear waivers.

Can this even happen?? How do we know Moss didn't dog it on purpose so he could go back to NE??

PTR

Can this even happen?? How do we know Moss didn't dog it on purpose so he could go back to NE??

PTR

I would be surprised if the commish isn't already all over this one.

To the other point...the Jets would never allow this to happen if Moss fell to their waiver position.

Edited by MattyT

PTR

So NE traded Moss to the Vikes, then traded for Branch. Then Randy decided to dog it in hopes of getting cut, clearing waivers, and then re-signing with NE?

Crazy, but Randy and Belichick might just have the league by the nuts the here. NO team wants a surly, disinterested Randy Moss. James Hardy is a better use of a roster space. So no team is going to put in a claim without contacting him first.

Bottom-feeders know better because Moss wants nothing to do with that.

Middle-of-the-road teams know better because unless he explicitly signs on, they don't want to be the even bigger joke who cuts him AGAIN in 3 weeks.

Contenders know better unless he explicitly signs on because why mess with what they have?

What can anyone do? If it gets to the Jets, is Ryan really going to mess with his already delicate season by signing the biggest malcontent as a defensive move? He'll lose the team for sure.

Well played... :censored::lol:

They're still talking about it. La Canfora says he's talked to a few GMs and the general consensus is that he'll go unclaimed and then be re-signed by NE. Minny loses the pick AND would be on the hook for his salary. Unreal. The NFL CANNOT allow this happen.

Edited by lets_go_bills

I dont see any point at all in bringing Moss in, and I honestly never thought I would say that. This team is 0-7 with nothing to play for other than their jobs next year and to develop our young talent. No way Moss would ever resign here next year at this stage of his career because he wants to win and doesnt do well in losing enviroments.

More importantly, it would impeded the development of SJ and Nelson with another mouth to feed. So, for me, as exciting of a player as Moss can be, this just isnt a good fit because we are not going anywhere this year, he doesnt thrive in losing enviroments, we have young guys that need the reps, and he wouldnt resign here next year.

I dont see any point at all in bringing Moss in, and I honestly never thought I would say that. This team is 0-7 with nothing to play for other than their jobs next year and to develop our young talent. No way Moss would ever resign here next year at this stage of his career because he wants to win and doesnt do well in losing enviroments.

More importantly, it would impeded the development of SJ and Nelson with another mouth to feed. So, for me, as exciting of a player as Moss can be, this just isnt a good fit because we are not going anywhere this year, he doesnt thrive in losing enviroments, we have young guys that need the reps, and he wouldnt resign here next year.

How about for the utter hilarity of it. Can you imagine Moss' meltdown when he heard the Bills picked him up?

They're still talking about it. La Canfora says he's talked to a few GMs and the general consensus is that he'll go unclaimed and then be re-signed to NE. Minny loses the pick AND would be on the hook for his salary. Unreal. The NFL CANNOT allow this happen.

I dont think they have a case to block it tho. Min doesnt have to cut him and no team has to put a claim on him. If he signs with the Pats* again, as much as it is a total BS move, im not sure its illegal

so how about we pick up Moss.. play him a couple of weeks whether he likes it or not, then cut him if it's not working out?!

if we pick him up at this time, even temporarily, what do we have to lose? how does it work, is Minny paying him till the end of the year?

They're still talking about it. La Canfora says he's talked to a few GMs and the general consensus is that he'll go unclaimed and then be re-signed to NE. Minny loses the pick AND would be on the hook for his salary. Unreal. The NFL CANNOT allow this happen.

Why? I dont get the hate on NE if they pull this off as they havent broken a single rule. This is all on the Vikes...they cut him after giving up a 3rd for him and now some team, possibly NE, is going to benefit from thier regretted trade. Our fans would be jumping for joy if our team did this. What if Sea cuts Lynch (who has been struggling there, and they already cut LenDale White right after trading for him) and he resigned here? Is anyone going to be screaming for the NFL to block that too? I doubt it.

If he ends up back in NE, then I tip my cap to them as they essentially get Moss back while they got rid of his salary, got Branch and upgraded their draft pick from a 4th (the one they sent to Sea) to a 3rd (one they got from Vikes). I could only dream our FO could pull something like this off.

If this happens...

NE - Gets Moss, Branch, 3rd Round pick...Loses Moss's salary and a 4th round pick. WOW, call me impressed with that one

Why? I dont get the hate on NE if they pull this off as they havent broken a single rule. This is all on the Vikes...they cut him after giving up a 3rd for him and now some team, possibly NE, is going to benefit from thier regretted trade. Our fans would be jumping for joy if our team did this. What if Sea cuts Lynch (who has been struggling there, and they already cut LenDale White right after trading for him) and he resigned here? Is anyone going to be screaming for the NFL to block that too? I doubt it.

If he ends up back in NE, then I tip my cap to them as they essentially get Moss back while they got rid of his salary, got Branch and upgraded their draft pick from a 4th (the one they sent to Sea) to a 3rd (one they got from Vikes). I could only dream our FO could pull something like this off.

If this happens...

NE - Gets Moss, Branch, 3rd Round pick...Loses Moss's salary and a 4th round pick. WOW, call me impressed with that one

it would be impressive. As much as i hate the Pats* i would be impressed with them and have a new found respect for our front office for not being as stupid as the vikes

If this happens...

Why does Minny still pay his salary? I would think if he is claimed, the team that claims him picks up his weekly checks. If he goes unclaimed and is picked up as a free agent, then I can see where Minnesota owes him the remaining portion of his salar?? Am I missing something here?

[/b]

it would be impressive. As much as i hate the Pats* i would be impressed with them and have a new found respect for our front office for not being as stupid as the vikes

Cutting your starting QB after week 2 is probably on par with this move.