Kelsay

Someone help me here - why is he still on this team?

Not only is he unable to set the edge, cover anyone, rush the passer, or get off blocks, but as an added bonus he also gets in the way (blocks) other defensive players from getting to the ball. Amazing that nobody else on the roster can push him for playing time.

Someone help me here - why is he still on this team?

Not only is he unable to set the edge, cover anyone, rush the passer, or get off blocks, but as an added bonus he also gets in the way (blocks) other defensive players from getting to the ball. Amazing that nobody else on the roster can push him for playing time.

It may have been his worst game as a Bill. How is Maybin gonna be worse than him? He literally can't make a play. I focused on his pass rushing late in the game too -- absolutely nothing to offer.

Its amazing to think that Akin Ayodele Reggie Torbor and Chris Kelsay present a better combination of OLB's than Antonio Coleman Aaron Maybin and Arthur Moats. And that Spencer Johnson is a better option than Alex Carrington. Where is the youth from the first year of the rebuilding effort? Where are the rookies from this years draft? What do they contribute? This defense has so many holes on it, its embarrassing. Why is Drayton Flroence on the field to give away yet another game because of reckless play and poor skill. Why is Ashton Youboty and Reggie Corner on the bench? Where has Jairus Byrd been all season? Why does he sit back 15 yards behind the play and give no support in run defense? Is this scheme or is it lack of skill? At what point is the defensive coordinator going to be held responsible for this? Someone has to be held accountable, and it sure isnt going to be the Captain Chris Kelsay.

I am disgusted today. To lose by 3 points the way they did is just despicable.

It seems other teams game plan to go right at Kelsay. It's brilliant because more often than not he'll be out of position or try that stupid spin move and get himself out of postion. He is a huge liability out there. I don't care about his locker room leadership. He sucks as a LB.

It will never happen because they would look like tards for doing this since they gave him a new contract but cutting him tomorrow would make me happy.

Admit 2 huge failures and cut Chris Kelsay and Cornell Green. Your team immediately becomes better via addition by subtraction.

It's kinda like when RW negotiated DJ's extension in October 08 and proceeded to watch the team go 2-8. Predictably, RW didn't fire DJ at the end of the season because it would be an admission of executive ineptitude. Not that we don't know already how bad RW when it comes to him making football decisions.

Chan and Buddy have been pretty decisive about other roster moves. I cannot figure the delay here other than no one else is ready to step in. Teams absolutely game plan against him.

Please, Chan, I beg of you. Get this man off the field. I can't take watching him anymore.

I feel bad for saying it, but I want Kelsay to have a career ending injury. It seems to be the only way to get him off the field. Yes, I understand that football is just a game and this is how these guys make their living, but that is how much disdain I have for Kelsay. I hate his play more than Trent "frady cat" Edwards and that's saying something.

It may have been his worst game as a Bill. How is Maybin gonna be worse than him? He literally can't make a play. I focused on his pass rushing late in the game too -- absolutely nothing to offer.

I agree. I try not to rail on him but today Kelsay was just so lousy that it hurt to watch him.

Same for Whitner.

I agree. I try not to rail on him but today Kelsay was just so lousy that it hurt to watch him.

Same for Whitner.

Sorry, but I have to call you on this. This is, quite simply, wrong. Whitner played well today - very well. He had seven tackles (many of them good ones) and four assists, and comparing him Kelsay is genuinely ridiculous. Kelsay was in there for pretty much every snap, and they seemed to be running at him all day. Yet all he chalked up was one assist: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301031012 .

Kelsay is a good example of how poorly run this organization is from top to bottom ( well actually the senior hydration folks do a good job getting gatorade and water to the players).Why this guy got an extension before season panned out or got at least 50% done, why he is even on the field, why our draft picks are basically useless or being mis-used and on an on. Spiller is turning into a wasted pick at least for this year he is not getting enough touches of the ball to make the difference a 9th overall pick needs to be making. Other picks this year cant get on the field and the great picks of DJ/Levi are basically terrible.

Exactly. it's pretty hard to be worse than Kelsay, probably impossible...Right?

Whenever I allow myself to get optimisitic about the direction Nix/Gailey is taking this team, I am reminded of the move to extend Kelsay and reality sets back in.

How about Carrington and Troup? What has Troup done so far? And Carrington's not even dressing! So Spiller doesn't touch the ball, Troup is struggling, Carrington doesn't play at all and the only positive from this draft has been a late round pick (Moats) and an undrafted free agent (Nelson)? Hard to have confidence in that.

Sorry, but I have to call you on this. This is, quite simply, wrong. Whitner played well today - very well. He had seven tackles (many of them good ones) and four assists, and comparing him Kelsay is genuinely ridiculous. Kelsay was in there for pretty much every snap, and they seemed to be running at him all day. Yet all he chalked up was one assist: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301031012 .

I agree Dave, why people do this constantly trully gets to me. Why can't people be objective with Whitner is beyond me. I get that the guy is not Reed or Polamalu but people make him out to be as he if the guy were a POS.

Where is the outrage on Wilson's drop on that easy int? I hate the double standards fans take some times.

How about Carrington and Troup? What has Troup done so far? And Carrington's not even dressing! So Spiller doesn't touch the ball, Troup is struggling, Carrington doesn't play at all and the only positive from this draft has been a late round pick (Moats) and an undrafted free agent (Nelson)? Hard to have confidence in that.

The '10 Bills draft class is barely recognizable out there. Spiller's getting less than 10 touches per, Troup is a depth DT, Carrington rarely dresses, Moats gets some PT and the rest are injured or camp fodder. By comparison, KC has the following playing important roles:

Eric Berry - starting SS

Dexter McCluster - PR/WR/RB but injured today

Javier Arenas - nickel CB

Jon Asamoah - starting RG

Tony Moeaki - starting TE

5 guys making contributions to that team is outstanding. Time will tell if they become long term starters, but that class could be very good in 1-2 years. Buffalo's can't even get on the field.

No serious Bills fan can underestimate the importance of having great talent evaluators who develop a vision and stick to it. Give KC credit for hiring Pioli and revamping their organization. Buffalo can't even interview external candidates which is the tale of the tape for why this organization is organizationally dysfunctional.

The '10 Bills draft class is barely recognizable out there. Spiller's getting less than 10 touches per, Troup is a depth DT, Carrington rarely dresses, Moats gets some PT and the rest are injured or camp fodder. By comparison, KC has the following playing important roles:

Eric Berry - starting SS

Dexter McCluster - PR/WR/RB but injured today

Javier Arenas - nickel CB

Jon Asamoah - starting RG

Tony Moeaki - starting TE

5 guys making contributions to that team is outstanding. Time will tell if they become long term starters, but that class could be very good in 1-2 years. Buffalo's can't even get on the field.

No serious Bills fan can underestimate the importance of having great talent evaluators who develop a vision and stick to it. Give KC credit for hiring Pioli and revamping their organization. Buffalo can't even interview external candidates which is the tale of the tape for why this organization is organizationally dysfunctional.

If we had 5 rookies playing extensive time you would come up with the "because the starters suck" excuse. I have yet to see you post a positive thought about this team, and you telling me there isn't any, is not realistic.

Chan and Buddy have been pretty decisive about other roster moves. I cannot figure the delay here other than no one else is ready to step in. Teams absolutely game plan against him.

Yes, they do attack Kelsay (Whitner as well). The only thing that makes any sense is that the coaches really do not have anyone else that they think can step up at the position. It was a major mistake in judgement to hope that Kelsay could be converted to a LB.

For all the people screaming "get Maybin in there", it seems really unlikely that Maybin is going to be an improvement in run defense at Sam. The so-called "athletic" and fast Maybin isn't even allowed to get on the field on special teams, where athletic kids often become standouts. Maybin showed he was just a guy that got called for offsides on kick coverage every once in a while. Maybin's lack of size and strength would just make him a stack of pancakes.

In fairness, the Bills are by a landslide the worst team in the NFL. There aren't really a ton of bright spots.

Here's a positive nugget that used to be dropped on this board: "Well, at least we're not the Detroit Lions."

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

In fairness, the Bills are by a landslide the worst team in the NFL. There aren't really a ton of bright spots.

You're right but that in no way justifies atrocities like Kelsay's play yesterday. You could have thrown a Maybin jersey on him and you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.

There aren't many, but there are guys on the team contributing good football: williams, fred jackson, steve johnson come to mind.

I enjoyed seeing 6'6" Matt Cassel juke him out in the open field and pick up 10 yards on a scramble. That's like being juked out by Drew Bledsoe.

He should have went to the locker room and buried his head after that play. That was pathetic.