this is to die hard 1967

b-unit

Back in the 60s, Butch Byrd was a mechanic at a Chrysler dealer during the off-season. The guy next door to me was a salesman there (dealership at Hertel & Delaware).

Sestak & Maguire owned a pizza restaurant at my corner (not sure if they were still active players at that time, but it was circa 1965).

Paul Maguire talked on his show about how they would need training camp to get in shape. Now, players make big $$$ and stay in pretty much shape all year.

Things have changed a lot in the NFL world.

I thought Die Hard was tired of all the negativity directed at the players and said good-bye to TSW.

Oops. Looks like DieHard was just blowing smoke up our asses and is now posting again after saying he wouldn't be back.

Glad he's back - he's always had good contributions to the discussion.

Actually, he's been back for quite a while. Did you only just notice today, or just choose today to remark on it?

I thought Die Hard was tired of all the negativity directed at the players and said good-bye to TSW.

Oops. Looks like DieHard was just blowing smoke up our asses and is now posting again after saying he wouldn't be back.

It would be nice if you would live up to your alias and quit posting crap. We're a better board with Die Hard and I for one am glad he's back and will add you to my don't bother reading list.

You are right, I was wrong to come back. I got alot of PM and I tried to answer a few questions for the guys.

I am new to the board and I didn't realize we had a former Bill on this website. If this is true then Mr Wonderful is a complete idiot!:doh:

Hey Mr. Wonderful, you're a low class, no brained jerk.I suppose you think you're clever and cool and, you're no doubt clueless to the point where you're probably impressed w/ yourself.

regardless if someone is a former player or not, posters like Die Hard shouldnt be subjected to BS like that.

There are a number of posters who are here to have discussions about football, listen to other people, and are even open to learning something. Then there are a bunch that are just here to run their mouths so they feel better because in real life, theyre pretty pitiful and no one respects them.

Which poster falls into which category is pretty easy to determine. Unfortunately, we're getting a lot more of the latter nowadays.

You really should change your screen name , and this is nothing new to most of us, but you're really not so wonderful.

just a question to die hard, did you know bob tatarek?, i think he played around that time, i believe he was a d-lineman , out of florida, maybe?.. just wanted your thoughts about him.. also, a WR, richard trapp, was around that time? also, from florida, not sure, maybe fla state? did you know these guys?

Not cool man. I'm a Chiefs fan but I think it's awesome to have a real Bills player come here and spend time with you guys.

Show a little respect and have some pride in your team!

You are right, I was wrong to come back. I got alot of PM and I tried to answer a few questions for the guys.

I for one am glad you stayed. You provide a valuable input and objective reasoning in your posts. Unlike all of us amateur QB's, you have been there and done that. I hope you continue to stay and post. You were missed when you left us the first time.

No, you were right to come back.......Don't let that asshat Mr. Wonderful change the fact that 99.99% of us love having you on the board. You've been back for weeks, if not months, so don't let Mr. Wonderful's thinking he's got some kind of breaking news change things.

No, you were right to come back.......Don't let that asshat Mr. Wonderful change the fact that 99.99% of us love having you on the board. You've been back for weeks, if not months, so don't let Mr. Wonderful's thinking he's got some kind of breaking news change things.

Didn't Scott say that some here are a bracket above the rest? I know working with the board must be hard and taxing, especially because it is a volunteer basis - but his words should have been deleted by a mod. Mr Wonderful, in the words of a pinhead, you're a pinhead.

Didn't Scott say that some here are a bracket above the rest? I know working with the board must be hard and taxing, especially because it is a volunteer basis - but his words should have been deleted by a mod. Mr Wonderful, in the words of a pinhead, you're a pinhead.

Did you take the time to report it?

No, you're weren't wrong for coming back. You add much to this board, unlike Mr. Wonderful. Don't let the likes of Mr. Wonderful, a coward with a keyboard (always an irritating combination), from adding to the quality of this board.

I was a Defensive linemen and I decided to hold out for the big money.....

3 year deal $63,000 with a $2000 signing bonus. :w00t:

I hope you stick around Die Hard. Your contributions are much appreciated by many on this board. Don't let the Wonderfuls of this world deter you from letting the rest of us gain from your insight.

Less than a mid-level white collar job, even for back then. Wow

???? Not so sure???? Not superstar bigbucks, but I think above average for a starting salary in the '60s

In 1967, my mother graduated with a master's and was offered a teaching position at Erie Community college for $4,000/yr

She said "not enough" and held out for a different job offer, much against the advice of her father, who thought that was pretty good money.

She accepted a position paying $7,000/yr (full time). This was good money, average starting salary for a college graduate was $5k

You'll see higher numbers around the web, these are sometimes median (not average), and inflation-adjusted.

So you have to un-adjust (or inflation-adjust DieHard) to compare

Well, your choice but....why focus on the ijits when obviously your contributions are valued and appreciated by many?

:wallbash: not that I blame you but I hope you stick around, I would hope since that post was removed you also understand SDS or some mod was looking out for all of us who appreciated you and your participation.

There is a big red exclamation point under ever post on the left that says "Report".

I was not here in time to read earlier enough to avoid the post being seen by die hard. Otherwise I would have. I didn't think about reporting it after, damage done.

Sorry SDS. I'll be on my toes more.

I was a Defensive linemen and I decided to hold out for the big money.....

3 year deal $63,000 with a $2000 signing bonus. :w00t:

1967 Bills, defensive line - McDole, Dunaway, Sestak, Prudhomme, Meredith ???? Hummm.