TERRELLE PRYOR

BILLZ4LIFE

If he scores a 22 or more on the Wonderlic, maybe he's worth considering. Otherwise forget it. I've posted on numerous occasions the overlooked impact Wonderlic scores have when it relates to SB-winning QBs. I lost the file where I compiled the info during a computer switch last year, but in simplest terms, because I know the Ryan Fitzpatrick argument is on the tip of your tongue, is that a high Wondleric for a QB certainly does not guarantee a SB. However, and statistically significant and more importantly, a low Wonderlic does ensure you don't win one, with only one exception in the scores that can be had... I believe Bradshaw was somewhere around a 15. If I recall, someone wrote an article that stated a 20 is about "average" intelligence so we cna assume that 22 is slightly above average and critical to a position where mental capacity is a critical skill.

So if I'm a FO guy, in addition to Parcells starts and wins in college (and maybe he has intelligence in there too, although I seem to recall the third variable was they graduated college, would could be considered a similar variable as the Wonderlic), I want a guy with a brain.

I'll argue further that smart players with average skills are better to have than excellent physical freaks with pea brains. I watch football and all I see are stupid, undisciplined penalties on all teams, not just the Bills. Cutting down on mistakes and penalties puts the ball in the end zone on first and goal Mr. Bell.

NO.

Let me say that this is not an endorsement of Newton but rather a testament of how bad I think Pryor will be. I'd rather have Luck or Mallett but wouldn't mind Newton in a later round if we don't get either.

amen to both. no to Pryor.

we either get THE best QB in the draft (Mallett or Luck, depending), or none at all.

amen to both. no to Pryor.

we either get THE best QB in the draft (Mallett or Luck, depending), or none at all.

This, though if Newton was available in the 5th or later (doubtful) I would be happy to see him in a Bills Uni. He is an impressive physical specimen and has made some very good decisions with the ball this season. I haven't been able to see all of Auburn's games to speak to everything he has done, but what I have seen leads me to believe that there is hope for him as a future NFL QB. All that being said. we need an infusion of talent in the O-line and D-line far more than we need another question mark at QB.

HE'S THE TRUTH and HE'S GONNA WIN THE HEISMAN. JUST HOPE HE DON'T BUST LIKE A COUPLE OF OUR FORMER AND CURRENT BUCKEYES ALUM. FORGET LUCK, MALLET OR LOCKER. HE'S LIKE A TIM TEBOW WIT MORE SKILLs AND ALL THE LEADERSHIP QUALITIES.

Absolutely not! If you Buckass fans are so enamored with him then hope that Cleveland drafts him. :thumbdown:

Not so fast. Pryor has not even been the best QB in his conference. Robinson from Michigan has that honor, not that he is an NFL prospect at QB either.

Shoelace will get absolutely CRUSHED IN THE NFL. He's nice don't get me wrong, but all that little man speed is no good in the big leagues. Oh and BAMA JUST LOST TO S. CAROLINA. OSU WOULD HANDS DOWN BEAT ANY SEC CONFERENCE TEAM. TRUST. West coast QB's are a !@#$in waste! Look at our former beloved QB in edwards. What a stud! Give me a !@#$ing break.

Shoelace will get absolutely CRUSHED IN THE NFL. He's nice don't get me wrong, but all that little man speed is no good in the big leagues. Oh and BAMA JUST LOST TO S. CAROLINA. OSU WOULD HANDS DOWN BEAT ANY SEC CONFERENCE TEAM. TRUST. West coast QB's are a !@#$in waste! Look at our former beloved QB in edwards. What a stud! Give me a !@#$ing break.

LOL. They wouldn't beat Auburn, Arkansas, LSU or Alabama. Now I know you're a homer.

LOL. They wouldn't beat Auburn, Arkansas, LSU or Alabama. Now I know you're a homer.

Really, I could see them struggling with Arkansas, because of the system they run. But I don't see any reason they wouldn't beat the pants off the other teams you named.

I'd take Aaron Rodgers. You're crazy if you think Terrell Pryor is going to be a good QB in the NFL. Backup or change of pace gadget player at best (makes me think of Brad Smith). Yes he's athletic, but he is not a good passer. He has arm strength, but he is inconsistent with his accuracy. NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, I could see them struggling with Arkansas, because of the system they run. But I don't see any reason they wouldn't beat the pants off the other teams you named.

Arkansas isnt even the best team in the SEC.

While Ohio St looks good whooping up on teams like Eastern Michigan and Ohio, they barely beat the only ranked team theyve played so far. Winning by 8 against Miami (FL).

I'd even throw South Carolina into the list of SEC teams that would give them a run for their money. Those are FIVE sec teams all in the top 12. The reason none of them are #1 is because they all have to play each other. You know, other good teams.

We'll see how Ohio St does this weekend with that powerhouse Wisconsin...

Edited by DrDankenstein

Arkansas isnt even the best team in the SEC.

While Ohio St looks good whooping up on teams like Eastern Michigan and Ohio, they barely beat the only ranked team theyve played so far. Winning by 8 against Miami (FL).

I'd even throw South Carolina into the list of SEC teams that would give them a run for their money. Those are FIVE sec teams all in the top 12. The reason none of them are #1 is because they all have to play each other. You know, other good teams.

I know arkansas isn't the best team in the SEC. They just present the most unfavorable matchup for Ohio State with that Offensive system they run. And we both know Ohio State is going to murder Wisconsin this week............

I find it amuzing that so many on this board are Mallet/Luck experts. How many games have you seen them play? When was Stanford or Arkansas ever on tv in Buff for you guys to become so well versed in their play? OSU has a couple of tough games coming up against Wisconsin and Iowa. We'll get to see how TP does then. All he's done is make GREAT strides from last year this time til now. Mallet's a stiff! Luck has similar #s as TP and has played just one good team as well. The gurus had Ryan Leaf rated 1 or 2 in terms of qbs so be careful! GO TERRELLE PRYOR!!!

I find it amuzing that so many on this board are Mallet/Luck experts. How many games have you seen them play? When was Stanford or Arkansas ever on tv in Buff for you guys to become so well versed in their play? OSU has a couple of tough games coming up against Wisconsin and Iowa. We'll get to see how TP does then. All he's done is make GREAT strides from last year this time til now. Mallet's a stiff! Luck has similar #s as TP and has played just one good team as well. The gurus had Ryan Leaf rated 1 or 2 in terms of qbs so be careful! GO TERRELLE PRYOR!!!

Id bet that more regular posters live out of town, than in Buffalo. Seems like the majority are out West or down South. So....

HE'S THE TRUTH and HE'S GONNA WIN THE HEISMAN. JUST HOPE HE DON'T BUST LIKE A COUPLE OF OUR FORMER AND CURRENT BUCKEYES ALUM. FORGET LUCK, MALLET OR LOCKER. HE'S LIKE A TIM TEBOW WIT MORE SKILLs AND ALL THE LEADERSHIP QUALITIES.

He's not the truth, but on the contrary he's a lie. Posing as a QB and knowing he's not truly. He's not going to win the Heisman, but he will be top 3. He's nothing like Tebow and does not elevate his teams the way Tebow did. He will not make it as a starting QB @ the next level. He's not the next Vick, more like the next Troy Smith without the Heisman trophy.

I'm a Big Ten fan and love OSU as the best hope to return the Big Ten to glory this year, but like anyone else who's watched college football the last 5 years, I know the Big Ten is far from the best Conf these days, and OSU often starts redhot only to fizzle in short order. Pryor is an interesting guy and would be worth a late round flyer, maybe even a 3rd or 2nd if he proves himself the rest of the year and at the combine, but your current love seems a little over the top.

1. Wisconsin isn't a powerhouse- where in the world did you get that idea?

2. Ohio State annihilated Indiana while no other Big Ten team could come close to doing that, i.e. Michigan and Robinson=overrrated.

3. Oregon, the anointed #3 team in the land, got embarrassed by Ohio State last year in the Rose Bowl.

4. The SEC is not as strong as it has been in the past.

5. Terrelle Pryor would not make a good fit in Buffalo, because athletic quarterbacks like Pryor as Lamonica was in the late 60s would be a waste. We are most successful when we have a pocket passer in Buffalo.

6. Ryan Mallett is clueless against top talent- did you see his poor decision making against Alabama? NO THANKS.

1. Wisconsin isn't a powerhouse- where in the world did you get that idea?

I was being sarcastic as Wisconsin is one of the top 3 teams that Ohio St plays this year. Some schedule.

2. Ohio State annihilated Indiana while no other Big Ten team could come close to doing that, i.e. Michigan and Robinson=overrrated.

You mean currently unranked Indiana? They SHOULD annihilate them.

3. Oregon, the anointed #3 team in the land, got embarrassed by Ohio State last year in the Rose Bowl.

We're discussing real conferences here, the SEC and Big-10. Let's leave the Pac-10 out of this. LOL.

4. The SEC is not as strong as it has been in the past.

That's your opinion. Yet they had the #1 team until last week, and STILL have 5 teams ranked in the top 12.

5. Terrelle Pryor would not make a good fit in Buffalo, because athletic quarterbacks like Pryor as Lamonica was in the late 60s would be a waste. We are most successful when we have a pocket passer in Buffalo.

Agreed

6. Ryan Mallett is clueless against top talent- did you see his poor decision making against Alabama? NO THANKS.

I saw his game against Alabama where he had a rough second half against the best Defense in the country. Have you seen any of his other games? I've been watching the kid for 2 years now. The mistakes in the Bama game do not represent his entire career.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Well, for whatever reason, god only knows, that the Big Ten's stats vs. the SEC wasn't allowed to stay in this thread. We'll try again. The Big Ten is 9-9 against the SEC in bowls the last 7 years. Of course, my original thread, which disappeared for some reason, pointed out the the Big Ten is pretty even against the SEC despite what people think.

AND, I also said that the only difference is that the B-10 hasn't produced that one Super team recently, and that's the difference between the two conferences. So, in all, it's laughable when the rest of the SEC always tries to ride the coattails of the conference leader, when in fact the Big Ten has played the conference even in the last seven years in bowl games. So, the myth that the dominance is there is exactly that.....a myth.

The Big Ten is 9-9 in bowl games over the last seven years. EVEN. So, be careful before some of you rip on OSU's schedule in here. After all, until the SEC proves that everyone else, other than the conference champ, can beat the Big Ten bowl teams.....you have nothing.

9-9. Hopefully OSU will win it all this year, and then the Big Ten will have what, 2 or the last 6? Plus an even record, if not better, with the SEC.

It's an ESPN fed generation out there for sure.

I believe Ohio State was in a couple of those Championship games against the SEC. How'd they do?

Wasn't that already pointed out?

Tell me how many years has Luck been starting? At the end of last season where was he and what bowl game did he win?

Would this be the first year that the most decorated college quarterbacks failed to make an impact in the NFL? Pryor seems to fit the profile of an unsuccessful pro. Luck plays for Stanford, not exactly known for it's winning talent laden football program in recent years, yet he continues to impress for a variety of reasons against any opponent. When he falls flat on his face in a spectacularly noticeable way it will be news.

Would this be the first year that the most decorated college quarterbacks failed to make an impact in the NFL? Pryor seems to fit the profile of an unsuccessful pro. Luck plays for Stanford, not exactly known for it's winning talent laden football program in recent years, yet he continues to impress for a variety of reasons against any opponent. When he falls flat on his face in a spectacularly noticeable way it will be news.

Luck can play ball, and has carried Stanford OUT of being a perennial loser to a damn good team. That's another way of looking at it. He's a man out there right now. He's also coached by a terrific head coach, who had success at the collegiate level, NFL level, and has bloodlines in the NFL coaching ranks. He has the size too.

This is a no brainer. There's no reason to overthink Luck. Period.

This is as prepared prospect as there has been in a while. If he's there, any team with even an inkling of a need at QB takes him. Period.

I'd take Aaron Rodgers. You're crazy if you think Terrell Pryor is going to be a good QB in the NFL. Backup or change of pace gadget player at best (makes me think of Brad Smith). Yes he's athletic, but he is not a good passer. He has arm strength, but he is inconsistent with his accuracy. NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1