If Moss goes for a 3rd rounder or lower...

Virgil

Will everyone let the Lynch thing go? Moss will have a much greater impact on the Vikings that Lynch will on the Seahawks. Plus, the Vikings 3rd will probably be only about 15 spots away from where the Seahawks 4th will be.

I'm sad to see our 1st rounder Beast-Mode go for only a 4th as well, but at what point do you just pull the plug. Spiller is the future and Jackson is too good to be on the bench. Jackson was not going to fetch that much on the open market and Spiller isn't going anywhere. And remember, Lynch is the guy who is one Jay-Walking away from a year suspension.

I hope this implosion ends soon.

Now trade Evans and Whitner please...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Moss, even at his age, is a wee bit more special than Marshawn.

Surprising move by NE, though. I bet some of their fans will be pissed, although their front office and coaching has proven themselves. Ours haven't had an opportunity to do that yet.

Will everyone let the Lynch thing go? Moss will have a much greater impact on the Vikings that Lynch will on the Seahawks. Plus, the Vikings 3rd will probably be only about 15 spots away from where the Seahawks 4th will be.

I'm sad to see our 1st rounder Beast-Mode go for only a 4th as well, but at what point do you just pull the plug. Spiller is the future and Jackson is too good to be on the bench. Jackson was not going to fetch that much on the open market and Spiller isn't going anywhere. And remember, Lynch is the guy who is one Jay-Walking away from a year suspension.

I hope this implosion ends soon.

Now trade Evans and Whitner please...

The Pats originally got Moss for a 6th from Oakland. Nice return on investment.

It was a mid-4th rounder. The pick from the Vikes will likely be a late 3rd rounder. Still a good investment on both teams' parts.

Edited by Doc

It was a mid-4th rounder. The pick from the Vikes will likely be a late 3rd rounder. Still a good investment on both teams' parts.

for New England.....it's always about VALUE......they don't think going forward that moss is worth $9mil/year. that's why they covet 2nd & 3rd round picks because there is tremendous value there ($$$$/talent).

Minnesota is sort of paying double (a draft pick AND big bucks this year with probably a contract extension)

Wow, what a surprise that a dumb organization like the Patriots have won Super Bowls with decisions like this

Bill B. only wants players on his team that a) worship the ground he walks on, and b) will play there for less money they could get elsewhere.

Moss isn't about to do either of those things ... and I respect the hell out of him for being honest about it.

Moss, even at his age, is a wee bit more special than Marshawn.

Surprising move by NE, though. I bet some of their fans will be pissed, although their front office and coaching has proven themselves. Ours haven't had an opportunity to do that yet.

Yes, he is a hands down Hall of Famer with gas still left in the tank.

Great move by the Vikes.

Granted he is older, but this ought to nix (no pun intended)any thoughts of trading Evans...No way we can get more than maybe a late 4th or 5th out of him...The market for WRs has been established and its not that great...

And AJ smith wanted a couple second rounders for Vincent Jackson...hahaha :oops:

FWIW, I just got a text:

"ESPN News - Schefter: The Patriots agree to trade Randy Moss to the Vikings for 3rd-round draft pick"

SEE! SEE! The Bills should have gotten the same value for Lynch as the Pats* did for the league's second best all-time receiver! THIS FO SUCKS!!!