If Moss goes for a 3rd rounder or lower...

Virgil

If we could get that third round pick that New England just got for Lee Evans, I would jump on it!

People might say Evans would be worth it because he's under contract, but comparing his numbers to his hefty contract, we'd be very lucky to get a 3rd. Our ineptitude in the front office is beyond belief. We're stuck with marginal players and growing bad attitudes.

Since 1997, we've spent 4 1st round picks and one 2nd rounder on RBs. We've spent how many on OL in that time? Two (I think), with one being a huge bust. Can't even mention how much we gave up in the draft to get Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe and draft J.P. Losman. We have provided the blueprint for how to f up an NFL team, even worse than Detroit.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So NE, the team that gave up a 4th for Moss, used him well for a few seasons, then traded him for a 3rd (IE a team that generally does not make stupid moves). They are the team that is going to give up said 3rd round pick to pick up a 2nd or 3rd WR with a 9.5 million dollar price tag?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha! :)

Dare to dream man :)

Evans has shown he can be productive with a QB who is out of the league- our OL has steadily declined since those days. They are going nowhere without a WR who can challenge opposing defenses deep and they are nearing the end of their run. Evans is actually just what the doctor ordered for them and he won't stir the pot.

If we could get that third round pick that New England just got for Lee Evans, I would jump on it!

So would Nix.

You couldn't get a 4th for Evans. Or a 5th. Or a 6th. Or a 7th.

Why? No team wants his stupid salary.

Evans salary is not that much, we paid him front-loaded money (which is part of why they won't trade him).

Evans signed a four-year, $37.25 million contract extension through 2012. The deal includes $18.25 million guaranteed and a first-year salary of $11,730,770. Another $3 million is available through incentives. 2010: $5.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses), 2013: Free Agent

Edited by NaPolian8693

Every team would love Evans' salary. The Bills pay the high guaranteed money years, and a team gets him after this season for 4 mil per. Extremely, extremely, extremely cap friendly.

The Bills would be crazy to move him financially.

Evans salary is not that much, we paid him front-loaded money (which is part of why they won't trade him).

Evans signed a four-year, $37.25 million contract extension through 2012. The deal includes $18.25 million guaranteed and a first-year salary of $11,730,770. Another $3 million is available through incentives. 2010: $5.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses), 2013: Free Agent

Every team would love Evans' salary. The Bills pay the high guaranteed money years, and a team gets him after this season for 4 mil per. Extremely, extremely, extremely cap friendly.

The Bills would be crazy to move him financially.

SHHHHH Facts are overrated. He makes Albert Hayneswort type money every year! Don't you guys no that. Plus he is always dogging buffalo, and said he even hates the fans. Plus he does not throw tantrums on the sideline so he does not care about football.

Edited by CountDorkula

Yes, he is a hands down Hall of Famer with gas still left in the tank.

Great move by the Vikes.

And the Pats*

They trade an aging, high priced, malcontent who is a FA at the end of the season in exchange for a Day 1 draft pick. They are getting younger all the time and doing it without falling apart. God help the Bills if the Pats* find another QB in the next couple years to groom for post-Brady.

And the Pats*

They trade an aging, high priced, malcontent who is a FA at the end of the season in exchange for a Day 1 draft pick. They are getting younger all the time and doing it without falling apart. God help the Bills if the Pats* find another QB in the next couple years to groom for post-Brady.

The level of football in NE, NY and MIA is in another universe altogether than what the asshats at OBD are playing.

This doesn't make the Lynch trade look better or worse. Lynch is a 24-year-old whose potential was not tapped by this team, with two-to-three controllable years at a fraction of Moss' salary.

Moss was going to walk after this year, is a public malcontent, fantastic talent, who openly discusses his tendency to turn it on and off when he wants to. He's also old in NFL years, though very in-shape and probably durable enough to hang around for another 5 productive years - years the Vikings will pay for after a protracted and possibly distracting discussion of a contract extension.

With only an assurance of 12+ games of that, the Vikes paid a third.

The Bills were only able to get a fourth and some possibly delicious draft table scraps for a guy with upside. Make no mistake, the Bills are NOT going to find someone as good as Lynch with either of these two picks. The odds are stacked against them.

Sorry, the premise of this argument doesn't wash.

This doesn't make the Lynch trade look better or worse. Lynch is a 24-year-old whose potential was not tapped by this team, with two-to-three controllable years at a fraction of Moss' salary.

Moss was going to walk after this year, is a public malcontent, fantastic talent, who openly discusses his tendency to turn it on and off when he wants to. He's also old in NFL years, though very in-shape and probably durable enough to hang around for another 5 productive years - years the Vikings will pay for after a protracted and possibly distracting discussion of a contract extension.

The Bills were only able to get a fourth and some possibly delicious draft table scraps for a guy with upside. Make no mistake, the Bills are NOT going to find someone as good as Lynch with either of these two picks. The odds are stacked against them.

The Bills idea of building a team is through signing UDFAs and hitting the jackpot. Pat Williams, Jabari Greer, Fred Jackson and Jason Peters. The Bills UDFA's have outperformed their draft picks lately. Who needs a high draft pick? :wallbash:

The Bills idea of building a team is through signing UDFAs and hitting the jackpot. Pat Williams, Jabari Greer, Fred Jackson and Jason Peters. The Bills UDFA's have outperformed their draft picks lately. Who needs a high draft pick? :wallbash:

And even when they do hit FA lotto, they can't seem to keep any of them around.

What do you mean his "potential wasn't tapped by this team?" That's utter nonsense. The guy playing in front of him, you know that decrepit never-will-be who's got seconds left on his career, led THE NFL in all-purpose yards last year. So just how exactly does it happen that Lynch is hamstrung by everyone around him, but Jackson managed to thrive in the same environment? Could it be, I don't know, BECAUSE LYNCH ISN'T THAT GOOD!?

he has been in the league for at least three years. It may take three more years to get the QB, OL, WR's and defense. How much would he have left by then? This move was good for all parties involved

What do you mean his "potential wasn't tapped by this team?" That's utter nonsense. The guy playing in front of him, you know that decrepit never-will-be who's got seconds left on his career, led THE NFL in all-purpose yards last year. So just how exactly does it happen that Lynch is hamstrung by everyone around him, but Jackson managed to thrive in the same environment? Could it be, I don't know, BECAUSE LYNCH ISN'T THAT GOOD!?

You know for a fact that Lynch is a different kind of runner. If the blocking scheme doesn't support power running, then it doesn't support power running.

You're mistaking me for someone who hates Fred Jackson, which I don't like. Apparently we all live in some world where Lynch and Jackson couldn't possibly both be good runners with different skill sets.

How about this, buddy. Let's make a bet. If Marshawn Lynch doesn't have six 100 yard games with the Seahawks, I'll buy you a replica jersey of the player of your choice. If I win, you get to buy one for me. Handshake?

he has been in the league for at least three years. It may take three more years to get the QB, OL, WR's and defense. How much would he have left by then? This move was good for all parties involved

I just think he is worth more on the field than these future draft picks will be. At age 27 how much would he have left? Good question. Most star-potential players aren't done by 27. Only time will tell.

You know for a fact that Lynch is a different kind of runner. If the blocking scheme doesn't support power running, then it doesn't support power running.

You're mistaking me for someone who hates Fred Jackson, which I don't like. Apparently we all live in some world where Lynch and Jackson couldn't possibly both be good runners with different skill sets.

How about this, buddy. Let's make a bet. If Marshawn Lynch doesn't have six 100 yard games with the Seahawks, I'll buy you a replica jersey of the player of your choice. If I win, you get to buy one for me. Handshake?

I just think he is worth more on the field than these future draft picks will be. At age 27 how much would he have left? Good question. Most star-potential players aren't done by 27. Only time will tell.

No bet. I want him to do well in Seattle so our conditional pick carries more value. Although, I would be SHOCKED if he puts up 6 100 yard games in the last 12 games of 2010 considering he had a total of 6 through 45 games in Buffalo. In short, you're nuts.

But you are right, him and Jackson are different types of runners. Jackson is consistently productive. Lynch isn't.

The level of football in NE, NY and MIA is in another universe altogether than what the asshats at OBD are playing.

NY, definitely. The Bills hung with NE, in NE, and had they had Fitz at QB, would have beaten the Dols.

No bet. I want him to do well in Seattle so our conditional pick carries more value. Although, I would be SHOCKED if he puts up 6 100 yard games in the last 12 games of 2010 considering he had a total of 6 through 45 games in Buffalo. In short, you're nuts.

But you are right, him and Jackson are different types of runners. Jackson is consistently productive. Lynch isn't.

If you are that sure, pony up.

He has 4.4 YPC in THE BILLS' OFFENSE, splitting carries with two other guys, even though he is a "malcontent" and "costing the team" and "laughing after a loss" and all this nonsense I'm reading around here. That puts him even with Jackson. It'd take 22 carries a game to get Lynch to 100 at that pace, and Carroll already says he intends to make him their workhorse back. I see it happening unless he gets hurt.

By the way, to be consistent, you need carries, and you could also use some blocking. I've acknowledged before that Jackson has better field vision. Lynch is way harder to bring down, though, and I think in the right system you will see him do some damage.