MLB Playoffs Set To Go

Such a shame...Bobby Cox and the pitching do a fantastic job only to be completely let down by FUNDAMENTAL errors. Even tonight when friggin Gonzales didn't keep running when Renteria dropped that liner...but wow, Conrad...what to say about this idiot. Nice enough guy, I'm sure, but THREE ERRORS IN ONE DAMN GAME????

Oh well...thanks for the memories, Bobby...you will be missed!!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like these DS's have been even better than in years past, and we have an awesome Price-Lee matchup in an elimination game still to come! I hope the Giants can keep their momentum going and we see a Yankees-Giants WS.

Yeah, that would be a classic matchup. This series really was excellent - all one run games.

Such a shame...Bobby Cox and the pitching do a fantastic job only to be completely let down by FUNDAMENTAL errors. Even tonight when friggin Gonzales didn't keep running when Renteria dropped that liner...but wow, Conrad...what to say about this idiot. Nice enough guy, I'm sure, but THREE ERRORS IN ONE DAMN GAME????

I'd be madder at Gonzales than at Conrad. Conrad is a career minor leaguer who is only playing because of injury.......Gonzales not running is inexcusable. You should really run out everything, but I can see how some can not run hard on a flyout. But, to not run hard on a potential double play ball. I don't even understand it. How many times do you see somebody like Derrick Jeter hustle their ass off to keep the inning alive, etc.

:thumbsup::cry::beer:

More like 6, but whatever. I made a conscious decision. I said if the Phillies didn't fire Ed Wade at the end of that season, I was done with them. They didn't, so I was done.

I have NO ties to this rat-hole of a state, and prefer to have it that way, but thanks for your concern, Peace. Douche.

Regardless of your opinion of me, your opinion on baseball is roundly incorrect, and I will personally enjoy watching the Phillies fall short when everyone's sniffing their taints.

You ditched the Phillies because of Ed Wade but stick with Ralph Wilson and the Bills. Yeah, that makes sense "fan."

You ditched the Phillies because of Ed Wade but stick with Ralph Wilson and the Bills. Yeah, that makes sense "fan."

Not that it would make sense to you, but I'm a native Buffalonian. I root for the city. That's why I could never leave the Bills UNTIL THEY LEFT TOWN. I hate Pennsylvania. Hate it. But go on with your uninformed rants, please.

Not that it would make sense to you, but I'm a native Buffalonian. I root for the city. That's why I could never leave the Bills UNTIL THEY LEFT TOWN. I hate Pennsylvania. Hate it. But go on with your uninformed rants, please.

You jumped from the Phillies who you rooted for to the Yankees because the Yankees are better. CONFIRMED.

When you switch the team you root for because one sucks and the other is better, it's bandwagon jumping. CONFIRMED.

JSP is a bandwagon fan. CONFIRMED.

As a football fan, WWJSPD? Root for the Pats.

You jumped from the Phillies who you rooted for to the Yankees because the Yankees are better. CONFIRMED.

When you switch the team you root for because one sucks and the other is better, it's bandwagon jumping. CONFIRMED.

JSP is a bandwagon fan. CONFIRMED.

As a football fan, WWJSPD? Root for the Pats.

Well, I can see deductive reasoning and reading comprehension aren't your strong points. Good news it, that means you'll fit in JUST FINE with all the drooling, mouth-breathing cretins who root for the Phillies. Congratulations, Peace! You've found a home!

Well, I can see deductive reasoning and reading comprehension aren't your strong points. Good news it, that means you'll fit in JUST FINE with all the drooling, mouth-breathing cretins who root for the Phillies. Congratulations, Peace! You've found a home!

Run with the crowd. Follow not lead. You are the perfect Yankees lemming.

My ears are burning! :rolleyes:

Wow, what a sloppy display by the Rays in a game 7. Good for the Rangers -- I think they have a chance to beat NY.

Thanks!!!! Their record in the regular season was worse against the Rays and they played 500 against NY. Once in the playoffs you never know. :thumbsup:

The Yankees benefit from the Texas-Tampa Bay series going five games, because now the Rangers are unable to pitch Cliff Lee in Game 1 to counter New York's ace, Sabathia. Immediate advantage for the Yankees starting out this series on the road. On the flip side, of course, Lee will get to face off against Phil Hughes, who also threw a gem in the ALDS by the by.

I think this should be a very good series. Both teams have superb offenses, without any true weak spots in the starting lineups. There might be a couple nice pitching performances, but there will also be a couple 10-9 type games in all probability.

My prediction: Yankees in 7

The Yankees benefit from the Texas-Tampa Bay series going five games, because now the Rangers are unable to pitch Cliff Lee in Game 1 to counter New York's ace, Sabathia. Immediate advantage for the Yankees starting out this series on the road. On the flip side, of course, Lee will get to face off against Phil Hughes, who also threw a gem in the ALDS by the by.

I think this should be a very good series. Both teams have superb offenses, without any true weak spots in the starting lineups. There might be a couple nice pitching performances, but there will also be a couple 10-9 type games in all probability.

My prediction: Yankees in 7

Lee is part owner of the Yankees. They are lucky not to face him.